It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CheckpointUSA: Gestapo Internal Checkpoints Right Here in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Do you see what is happening to our country? It is immediately evident that history is repeating itself because we have failed to learn its lessons. Im sure some of you will continue to try to rationalize this as, ¨its all for our own protection¨ but thats the same justification the nazis tried to use.

In this video, you will see a US citizen that is being unlawfully detained at an immigration checkpoint that is located dozens of miles away from any border. These checkpoints have been popping up all across america, including washington state and oregon, and oregon doesnt even have a border with another country.

Why is it that they refuse to secure the borders, and at the same time force US citizens to go through checkpoints that have absolutely no chance of preventing illegal immigration.

the 4th amendment says you cannot be detained without probable cause that you have committed a crime.

the 5th amendment guarantees your right to remain silent

the 6th amendment guarantees your right to a fair trial, which means that you have the right to collect evidence for your defence, IE the camera.

for more info;
www.checkpointusa.org...

and for more of these video blogs;
www.youtube.com...

Who will govern the governors?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
And everyone thinks this is fine.

In what kind of "free country" does a citizen of that country face random checkpoints? In what kind of "free country" do you hear the words "your papers please" coming from armed men?

These seem to be within the "100 mile civil rights free zone" around the entire USA (unless I'm mistaken). ACLU pointed this out and again no one made a fuss.
It was suggested that there were "accidentally" no descriptive terms in this to limit it to the US/Mexico border, and that was all it was referring to. But suddenly, as if by magic, these check points appear miles from that border!

Deliberate or not, suspicious or not, indicative of something untoward or not, this is a bad sign.
I don't see how people can support this in any way, but there will be those who don't link it to the increased use of surveillance of the people, the wiretapping, the removal of rights and freedoms. They'll just excuse it all as "protecting the people".
They'll ignore the fact that this isn't achieving anything other than gaining information on the public for numerous databases.

The guy in this video will now be on several lists for failing to comply without argument, being obstructive, having a bad attitude (which will be linked to "insurgency").

While the UK has a dubious network of CCTV, at least we don't have armed men on the roads stopping traffic and demanding to see our papers!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
[edit on 8-2-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Its seems like the driver was doing a good job in provoking some kind of action from the agent.

I am against unwarranted searches and checkpoints but this video was more about confrontation to get a point across.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Gotta give a big thumbs up to the officers for keeping their cool in the face of a person clearly trying to provoke something. Way to go officer

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
the guy taking the video just managed to just waste everyone's time. including the people behind him.
by practical means, you don't go around stirring it up with enforcement, or ANYONE for that matter. that's just a rule of life...

i'd like to see the guy pull that crap at the mexican / US border patrol on the mexican side.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
the guy taking the video just managed to just waste everyone's time

I'd just like to point out the irony of your signature:

"a coward is someone who blindly does what they're told without questioning the morality, legality or constitutionality of what they're being told to do."

The guy who made this video has 'moxy'. If I were stuck behind him in line, I'd think it well worth the time, and blame the DHS for not being able to better route traffic.

Interesting part of the video: the agent say "I know who you are, you're going to post this video on YouTube" (paraphrased). So, I guess they either scanned his license plate or face, and have a database of potential 'troublemakers'?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This guy will put up a vid later complaining about illegal drugs and aliens taking his job. We cannot have it both ways. He also says early on that the law does allow them to briefly stop and question people, this would have been very brief had he just stated his citizenship.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I agree...

The officers did an OUTSTANDING job!!!

But so did this citizen!

Applause all the way around.

Notwithstanding our challenges, it's videos like this that demonstrate why it's great to be an American.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Interesting part of the video: the agent say "I know who you are, you're going to post this video on YouTube" (paraphrased). So, I guess they either scanned his license plate or face, and have a database of potential 'troublemakers'?

I seriously doubt that. Everyone knows of YouTube and everyone knows people are out to make their name and their cause known on Youtube. Im sure the cop was just commenting on today's technology and the lure of YouTube.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Agreed, the officers acted quiet professionally, at all times. Not to say that their actions were legal, but they weren't brutish.

I am wondering if the experience would have been the same if the video camera wasn't obvious, but rather hidden and unnoticeable. I think it likely it would have, but not necessarily.

Also, did this guy have some kind of PA or speaker system or something?
I noticed him slightly roll down his window at times; how was he able to hear and be heard?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Ian McLean

I seriously doubt that. Everyone knows of YouTube and everyone knows people are out to make their name and their cause known on Youtube. Im sure the cop was just commenting on today's technology and the lure of YouTube.

[emphasis added in my quote]

I'm sure the agent was aware of YouTube, but he specifically said he knew who the guy was, and I kind of doubt the guy told him his name - he didn't seem to be in a question-answering mood. So, unless they got a 'heads-up', I'm still going to go with the assumption that they ID'd him covertly at the checkpoint.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The guy behind the camera needs a baseball bat to the teeth. If you think its being a SHEEP to answer a question about being an AMERICAN your a complete AHOLE! In my mind after seeing this video this retard should move to mexico, because as an AMERICAN who as served my country in uniform I am NOT proud of guys like this or ANYONE like this. I'd much rather see his --- kicked and listen to him beg....retard...he proved two things with the video.

1. We have professional border agents who are trying their best to fend off as many illegals, and scum from coming to MY country as possible...even though the odds are stacked against them.

2. He is a down right douchbag who isn't making a point, even though in his peabrain he thinks he is.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is already posted and like several pages long people..do a search first!!!! THREAD

And this boarder checkpoint video idiot is only instigating his own demise in his situations.

They are not DHS stations, they are boarder patrol check stations.

And if anyone did any simple thinking, illegals do not waltz across the boarder at the main gates. They cross out in God's open country and find their rides waiting for them out in the middle of the deserts. These stations that are located 40 to 100 miles from the boarder are to try to catch these pyote convoys that pick up the illegals miles form the boarder and then take them to the nearest towns and cities.

Think people.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 8-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I think he did make a point. The point is: should the federal government be able to stop citizens and force them to answer questions (innocuous as those questions may be), without probable cause or reasonable suspicion? And if we do allow that, at all, who and what define the limits of that power? The guy seemed to have his Supreme Court references ready at hand.

Thank you for serving our country.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by rcwj75

I think he did make a point. The point is: should the federal government be able to stop citizens and force them to answer questions (innocuous as those questions may be), without probable cause or reasonable suspicion? And if we do allow that, at all, who and what define the limits of that power? The guy seemed to have his Supreme Court references ready at hand.

Thank you for serving our country.

How old are you? They have been doing this along the boarder states for over 60 years friend. No one seems to have a problem answering a simple question, except those who think they are above everyone else and just wants to show their butts on youbloobe videos.

These boarder stations have been around alot longer than most of you here have been on this planet.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Originally posted by rcwj75
The guy behind the camera needs a baseball bat to the teeth....

...as an AMERICAN who as served my country in uniform...

Thank goodness you used the past tense.

Rage much?

:shk:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Once waved through, it would have been interesting to "follow up" by Freely pulling over to document the number of "aliens" that such a check point has discovered.

Obviously, the driver was willing to be arrested to involk his rights, therefor, such an additional attempt to determine the success of this checkpoint would gave been worthwhile, even if arrest occured.

It is infortunate that violations like this are increasing, but if you want to get the full skinny and are willing to face arrest, go all the way.

I once was stopped and being familiar with the code of law, answered specific quiestions, but omitted the fact that I was packing, until specifically asked, (which is rumored to be a violation of "unwritten law"), I was lectured on how a less understanding officer would consider (paraphrasing) private, if not vigilante efforts that would convince by physically implantation of lesson, so future expectations regarding this nondisclosure, immediately when approached, would, law notwithstanding, be disclosed.

Also, I was clearly informed that there is a safety concern such as exampled with this hypothetical;

If an officer was not aware that I was packing, and a perp. was to approach the scene and engage in a struggle that could potentially end with the attacker taking my weapon, that I would be putting the officer's and my life in jeopardy.

as I was obviously non-threatening, having both palms down on my vehicle during the entire event,
I was released without showing my permit.

The reason I was stopped?

My vehicle matched a discription of a vehicle involved in a bank robbery minutes earlier.

I could see how that could make any officer wary.

I also must say that this officer performed exceptionally and I commend him as a refreshing example of a top notch policeman and person.

I mention this experience as another example of technicallity over reasonable cooperation, no matter the implication.

I would, however, answer certain questions if the alternative was arrest, depending on the legal or implicatory consequences.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Excellent expose on the current state of events in Amerika.

Clearly, it was important for the agents that the US citizen answer the question 'are you an immigrant' than it was for him to be allowed to go without answering. Clearly, this is an infringement of the constitution.

To those in the thread who defend the agents (governments) actions and/or who accuse the citizen of 'provoking' the officers, it is also clear you are those that will be the first to lie down and do as your told when harsher infringements hit your country. And the reason they will is because you allow or make excuses for 'minor' infringements. It is the principal thats important here, not the harshness of what took place. You say its ok to infringe your constitution a little, and in doing so you open a can of worms.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

...as an AMERICAN who as served my country in uniform...

Thank goodness you used the past tense.

Rage much?

:shk:

Hey call it what you want but atleast I served the country that gives me the rights and freedoms we have...and YOU?

as for the rage comment...wrong assumption...not rage...more like disgust! As an AMERICAN he should be glad these guys are out there in the heat, in the middle of nowhere trying to slowly stop/weed out the people coming here to use and abuse the rights people have within these borders. They come and rape, rob, steal, gang up, etc....and he's being a prick because?????????????

Best part is this idiot even quotes the law...that they must have REASONABLE SUSPICION to stop him...well he fails to answer the question..are you an AMERICAN citizen...refusal to answer sure raises suspicion...so yeah..pull your goofy --- over there so the rest of the proud AMERICANS who wanna go on about there day but are stuck behind you can move on!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join