It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 end of the world-- bull--don't believe it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Many of the posters on this forum have referred to the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 and the fact that many other civilizations calendar also point to this date. This is to be expected as many of the ancient civilization studied astronomy. This date only refers in all of them the ending of a cycle, the progression of the equinoxes and not the end of the world. In India they two have studied the progression of the equinoxes and have point to this date as the ending of cycle that is contained in a much larger one which continues for many more progressions before a grand cycle is completed. In fact in there system the end of the this yuga (their name for the cylce) actually is a positive sign and leads to a golden age and the ending of the a dark age. It has been many years since I studied this information. I believe they call the dark cycle a kali yuga and the larger cycle a maha yuga. There are many books writen on the subject. One that I remember was by a teacher of Yogananda and I'm sure if you find his followers webs sites they will have a list of books available. I think the author was Sri yukaswar (spelling my not be correct). I can assure this is not the time of the great inbreath. or contraction of the universe.
Why do so many people want the end of the world are there lives so miserable that they want everyone to be miserable also or like the christians so they can be right. Go figure.
aloha

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's the end of a cycle. The peace cycle. Prepare yourself for WWIII.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
...AND the end of the last minor 25,000 yr cycle AND the end of the major 75,000 yr cycle AND the dark forces are ramping their efforts up to recruit as many souls as they can AND the earth is in the midst of birthing into the next density, 4th, AND... OP you should really do more research!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
It's the end of a cycle. The peace cycle. Prepare yourself for WWIII.

Peace cycle? Am I missing something!? lol, did I miss out on this peace cycle?

Peace.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blujay

already transited into the 4th or maybe you didn;t notice. Sorry

You should not trust channeled information. Do some real research and read the india cyclic information.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rken2
reply to post by blujay

You should not trust channeled information. Do some real research and read the india cyclic information.

Aren't you cute telling us that the transition is complete?

Thank you for the heads up

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am inclined to believe another sircle ends in 2099 as my calendar on my computer clock ends then. as i can see.. RIGHT AFTER 2099 COMES 1980 AGAIN! Madonna, mullets, space invaders and A-team all over again! This time you must prevent the Chernobyl disaster!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Honestly, the whole "end of the world" thing is misunderstood and elaborated on by the modern day imagination. People always look at the book of revelation. Well, the original hebrew translation doesn't speak of an "end of the world," but an end of the age. It is two entirely different things. No, the world will not end in 2012, nor any other time in the foreseeable future.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I don't know what "peace" you're speaking of... There certainly hasn't been any "peace of mind" for the last 2000 or so years.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Honestly, the whole "end of the world" thing is misunderstood and elaborated on by the modern day imagination. People always look at the book of revelation. Well, the original hebrew translation doesn't speak of an "end of the world," but an end of the age. It is two entirely different things. No, the world will not end in 2012, nor any other time in the foreseeable future.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

wow I'm inpressed another sane person on ATS. yes I agree revelation mention nothing about the end of the world. On one level the end of an age and on another a description of awakening that each individual must go through.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rken2

Very true.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah that was the Peace Cycle, now look out! Funny!

It's also my understanding that it means the end of an Age, the end of the Age of Pisces and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. Some people believe that this means a major jump on our evolution (the theory some have that evolution actually makes major sudden leaps.) But don’t ask me, I’m not a scientist.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

reply to post by blujay

Aren't you cute telling us that the transition is complete?

Thank you for the heads up

haven't you noticed the speeding up. manifestation happening quicker. The faster pace of awakening of humanities awareness of which ATS is a part. The forces of darkness have lost and are only in there death throws now and want to take all they can down with them through spreading negativity and fear. Hello

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Kali Yuga (Devanāgarī: कलियुग, lit. "Age of Kali", "age of vice"), is one of the four stages of development that the world goes through as part of the cycle of Yugas, as described in Indian scriptures, the others being Satya Yuga, Treta Yuga and Dvapara Yuga. According to the Surya Siddhanta, an astronomical treatise that forms the basis of all Hindu and Buddhist calendars, Kali Yuga began at midnight (00:00) on 18 February 3102 BCE [1] in the proleptic Julian calendar or 23 January 3102 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, which is also considered by many Hindus to be the time that Krishna, an incarnation of Vishnu, died as a result of a freak bow hunting accident. The Kali Yuga is traditionally thought to last 432,000 years.

In The Aihole Inscription 3735 years after the Bharata war is equated with 556 years of the Saka Era, in the Kali Yuga. This would mean 3179 years after the Bharata war, the Saka Era started. Whitaker’s alamanac says that Year 1922 in the Saka calendar is 2000 AD/CE. So the Saka year started in 78 BC. That would imply that the Kaliyuga started in 3179-78= 3101 BC.

Most interpretations of Hindu scriptures believe that earth is currently in Kali Yuga, though others believe that earth is now at the beginning of Dvapara Yuga. Hindus believe that human civilization degenerates spiritually throughout the Kali Yuga: it is mostly referred to as the Dark Age, mainly because people are the furthest possible from God. The description of Kali Yuga given below is an indication of its interpretive relevance in our current worldly existence.

Hinduism generally considers morality to be comparable to a bull known as Dharma. In Satya Yuga, the first stage of development, the bull had four legs, and in each age morality is reduced by a quarter. By the age of Kali, morality will be reduced to only a quarter of that of the golden age. Thus, the bull will only have one leg: morality will wait on men.[2][3]

Kali Yuga is associated with the apocalypse demon Kali, not be confused with the goddess Kālī, as these are unrelated words in the Sanskrit language. The "Kali" of Kali Yuga means "strife, discord, quarrel, or contention."

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good points Rken2

Why do so many people want the end of the world are there lives so miserable that they want everyone to be miserable also or like the christians so they can be right. Go figure. aloha

It's the fulfilment of their belief system. I'd be mighty pissed after giving up all my Sundays too if that didn't happen.

Actually our friend Ahmednijinabad also believes in the Islamic end of days prophecy too. That prophecy holds that Jesus will be reborn and shall slay the antichrist on the road to Lud (Isreal) Guess which role Ahmednijinabad fantasises he will play ?

Actually Obama get's my vote for the role of Jesus. Getting the Senate to agree on anything beats walking on water hands down.

I half suspect if anybody slays the antichrist on the road to Lud it will be Obama and he'll do it with diplomacy.

Back to the original topic I can accept a golden new era will follow 2012. After the misery death and destruction of WW2 there was a relative era of peace for some time because it is a natural reaction to turn away from conflict after learning from a huge conflict. I rather suspect before the Golden age arrives the world will witness the first use of nuclear weapons since WW2.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
you see the only people who CANT see whats going on right now are the spiritually DEAD that live in the "society" we have created for the last 2009 years.

our whole exsistance is created around info and events thats came from the cosmos.

we are so close to HUMANITY, (not just the military), figuring out the secret to evrything about our exsistance.

whats cracks me up is that the same technology that is bringing us to this "event", (like the Net) is being used by the naysayers to say its not happening!!! truly classic... think about it, its funny!

all you guys that think our exsistance and the whole universe just sprouted from the earth are living in the dangerous past where there were witch hunts etc...

we are in the final days of this age, just like atlantis was 12,500 years ago.

go watch ur hannity and geraldo lost souls...

the spiritually dead are jelous of the enlightened.

"think for yourself and feel the walls become sand beneath your feet"...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Many of the posters on this forum have referred to the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 and the fact that many other civilizations calendar also point to this date. This is to be expected as many of the ancient civilization studied astronomy. This date only refers in all of them the ending of a cycle, the progression of the equinoxes and not the end of the world. In India they two have studied the progression of the equinoxes and have point to this date as the ending of cycle that is contained in a much larger one which continues for many more progressions before a grand cycle is completed. In fact in there system the end of the this yuga (their name for the cylce) actually is a positive sign and leads to a golden age and the ending of the a dark age. It has been many years since I studied this information. I believe they call the dark cycle a kali yuga and the larger cycle a maha yuga. There are many books writen on the subject. One that I remember was by a teacher of Yogananda and I'm sure if you find his followers webs sites they will have a list of books available. I think the author was Sri yukaswar (spelling my not be correct). I can assure this is not the time of the great inbreath. or contraction of the universe.
Why do so many people want the end of the world are there lives so miserable that they want everyone to be miserable also or like the christians so they can be right. Go figure.
aloha

you know what OP.. i'm kind of getting sick f posts like yours.

why?

because YOU and rare TV shows are the ONLY ONES saying that people are talking about the end of the world.

I'm talking with people all over the world for the past decade about this.. and nobody EVER is saying "it's the end of the world!!"".. nooobody..

except people that come on boards and say "ITS NOT GONNA BE THE END OF THE WORLD!!"

and media specials that "CLAIM" that people are running around saying that it's the end of the world.
when they're not.
which makes people that don't know anything about it.. start laughing at it OR getting all paranoid..

so why don't you stop even bringing up the TOPIC of "2012 having ANYTHING to do with the "end of the world" .. because NOBODY'S SAYING THAT.

if people ARE...

then do the right thing.. be responsible.. and bring this to our attention..

because YOU'RE being the fear monger in a passive reverse psychology sense by even bringing up the idea.

yes alot of people think that there's going to be alot of military conflict (like there is now) .. and some extreme natural disasters.. liiiike there is now...

but nobody's saying the earth will end.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
thank you prevenge, and many others

for helping to point out that consistently through almost any relevant context (revelations, mayan calender, etc etc etc) the idea of "the end of the world" is a huge misinterpretation, if not simply mistranslation.

still funny to watch debunkers scratch their heads over why anyone could be so happy about the "end of the world"

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I certainly hope it doesn't come to that, but who knows. It could take something like a couple of nukes to wake people up and usher in an age of peace. I will hold a positive thought that it doesn't have to go that far. If there are parallel universes i would like to not create that in mine. It would seem that it is a time of great peril but also great opportunity. I will serious look within my self the source of such peril. The world is just a mirror of what we need to heal in ourselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

...we are in the final days of this age, just like atlantis was 12,500 years ago.

go watch ur hannity and geraldo lost souls...

the spiritually dead are jelous of the enlightened.

"think for yourself and feel the walls become sand beneath your feet"...

Nada zip, zilch Anonymous poster. I'm not jealous of you and your belief. Any religion which preaches a "them and us" attitude as a basic precept is not a religion of peace, love and brotherhood.

People in the world who disagree with your narrow concept of spirituality do not lack spirituality. They have a different concept of Spirituality that does not include your concept of fear and supremacy over the beliefs of others.

<<   2  3 >>

join