It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Defense Teacher fired for 9-11 book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The news is from thursday feb. 5th, but worth reading.
( okay, i still haven't found any link in English....)

tf1.lci.fr...

The Defense Minister Hervé Morin has fired a high class teacher for his opinions on the 9-11 events. That's already something in the country of " human rights " , as we french people like to dub ourselves. This guy was giving geostrategic lessons to French and foreign officers, and had a pretty good reputation.

The news explain this high profile Defense teacher has been FIRED, as he recently published a book called " Chronicle of the Shock of Civilizations " in which he describes the 9-11 terrorist attacks as being " an israeli-american plot" . More, he writes that "the shock of the planes could have never brought down the towers" , "only controlled demolition could have taken the buildings down as accurately as they were" .

That's the problem in my country. Every time a known person says something about 9-11 ( you must remember Marion Cotillard, don't you?)
this person has two options, apologize or accept punishment. Often, they do both. The problem is that in France we don't have a conspiracy community, outside the box thinkers are often considered low-level reporters or bloggers, and conspiracies often refer in the common opinion to that movie with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts.
Anyway, I'm furious about our people being punished for expressing views, not in class, but in books. I'm angered at my government for being a part of the global cover-up.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Smart people question 9/11. Scared and stupid people beat the smart people into submission, and then go head and elect the leaders and run the country into the ground. Although, it seems as though they are counting on our countries being run into the ground, so they can scare the stupid people even more and rebuild the country back up with bigger walls and less room to breathe. Because if he smart people were ever allowed to openly question things without fear of persecution, they would always come to the conclusion that they live under intolerable governments. Us here in America are too busy running the rat race and watching retarded celebrities and botox queens bicker to care about truth. We love denial and illusion....

So if your country is anything like our country, expect not enough people to care about one "troublemaking" teacher to bat an eyebrow.... and expect it to happen in greater and greater numbers.... and when the world gestapo comes a knocking and your neighbor doesn't have their papers, only then will anyone realize the # we're all in together... but by then they'll have their enemy completely surrounded. THE ENEMY IS US!

Who better to rightly inform impressionable young mind of TRUTH than a teacher? Their careers are probably affected the most by speaking the truth, because a country cannot have even one teacher exposing lies for what they are, because one teacher can potentially reach thousands of students.

Teachers can change the WHOLE ballgame. Now... some will balk that this teacher strayed from the expected curriculum, so he should expect to be fired and should be rightfully so because he wasn't doing his job....

But I say that it is far greater of an offense to have an expected "curriculum" that teachers must follow or risk being fired... because there is no difference of opinion able to be expressed in any meaningful amount. Young minds should be taught to be open to a wide range of opinions, and they should be entrusted to have the common sense enough to decide for themselves whether the curriculum of the individual teacher fits their liking or not. They aren't required to stay put. They can leave anytime. The true merit of a teacher's worth is the functionality of his students once they enter "the real world". Can they think creatively and critically for themselves? Or can they do nothing more than be a drone of the status quo?

Obviously if he's producing students who can't do much of anything or who do things poorly, then and only then should he be fired.

Also.... like I said, it's up to the individual student to be opinionated and critical themselves. It would be equally as dangerous to have a bunch of impressionable minds take their teacher's words as gospel.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Some people ask me "If you believe there is a 9/11 conspiracy, How big is the Conspiracy" well...

We are living in the Village of the Damned. Our neighbors report our every move. My car is followed the moment I leave my driveway. My dog needs to be registered our I get a knock on my door(this is real). I'm called crazy, insane, and incoherent when I question my government by emotionless creatures on television. and this goes on and on with no end in sight.

So how big is the Conspiracy? Well if you're not questioning what's going on in the world, i believe you are a part of this conspiracy.

S & F

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Is the " under member demand this topic is under close scrutiny" a regular thing when it comes to 9-11 threads?
My paranoid mind is working full throttle, I hope i offended no one with my thread

Do you have any examples of people you know that have suffered consequences of their right to speech ?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just a minor point but the impression I keep getting is that French media appear to be rather strict when it comes to talking about 9/11, perhaps even more so than the US, which I do find some what surprising in some respects (why do the french care?), but in other ways I am unsurprised ( since all major media is suppressed, bias and edited anyways).

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ward Churchill is one.

Ward L. Churchill, who headed the ethnic studies department at the University of Colorado at Boulder, said he was stepping down as chairman because “the present political climate has rendered me a liability” to the department and the college. He will remain a professor.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
articles.latimes.com...

We are attacked everyday but people who make Headlines in the Media denouncing the government for a 9/11 cover up have a hard time keeping a job.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder
Is the " under member demand this topic is under close scrutiny" a regular thing when it comes to 9-11 threads?
My paranoid mind is working full throttle, I hope i offended no one with my thread

Do you have any examples of people you know that have suffered consequences of their right to speech ?

Matt. Yes you are paranoid. It does not say: " under member demand this topic is under close scrutiny"

IT says : " under member demand this FORUM is under close scrutiny"

Matt...why don't you take a drive out to Normandy and go the the Caean Memorial. There is a 911 exhibit. My daughter was there last summer. She was so upset, she couldn't stay. Why? It was the 3 + foot tall photographs of the hijackers. She was upset that these scum bags were supported into martyrdom by the people of France. She didn't think they deserved to have their pictures in that memorial. I tired to explain to her that although that are rotting in hell, they are part of the history. I do have to agree though, the section with all of the hijackers is inappropriate.

Here is a photo of it
random picture not mine)
www.flickr.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Another example of no matter where you are in the world, an unpopular opinion can cost you dearly. Conformity is equated with survival in our civilization and it shows itself in western societies quite vividly in situations like this.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox

Matt. Yes you are paranoid. It does not say: " under member demand this topic is under close scrutiny"

IT says : " under member demand this FORUM is under close scrutiny"

Matt...why don't you take a drive out to Normandy and go the the Caean Memorial. There is a 911 exhibit. My daughter was there last summer. She was so upset, she couldn't stay. Why? It was the 3 + foot tall photographs of the hijackers. She was upset that these scum bags were supported into martyrdom by the people of France. She didn't think they deserved to have their pictures in that memorial. I tired to explain to her that although that are rotting in hell, they are part of the history. I do have to agree though, the section with all of the hijackers is inappropriate.

Yes, you're right, I've been to the Caen Memorial and I saw the photographs. This is offending not only to the americans but to any freedom-lovibng person who wants religion to remain a secondary thing in their lives, not to rule it.
Yes, I'm paranoid. I should care more when i read.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Censorship is part of everyday life, just watch the news! We're lied to on a daily basis. Anyone deviating from the official line of events is most certainly going to be picked on until they shut up.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox

I'm sure the "hijackers" would apologize to your daughter if they knew how upset they made her. Imagine how they feel. It's not easy to be the world's villains when you're still alive.

Hijack 'suspects' alive and well
BBC News

Another of the men named by the FBI as a hijacker in the suicide attacks on Washington and New York has turned up alive and well.

The identities of four of the 19 suspects accused of having carried out the attacks are now in doubt.

Saudi Arabian pilot Waleed Al Shehri was one of five men that the FBI said had deliberately crashed American Airlines flight 11 into the World Trade Centre on 11 September.

His photograph was released, and has since appeared in newspapers and on television around the world.

He told journalists there that he had nothing to do with the attacks on New York and Washington, and had been in Morocco when they happened. He has contacted both the Saudi and American authorities, according to Saudi press reports.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In September 2002, Mueller told CNN twice that there is "no legal proof to prove the identities of the suicidal hijackers." After that admission a strange thing happened nothing. No follow-up stories. No follow-up questions. There was dead silence and the story disappeared. It was almost as if no one wanted to know what had happened. In fact, the FBI didn't bother to change the names, backgrounds or photographs of the alleged 19 hijackers. It didn't even deny the news reports suggesting that the names and identities of at least six of the hijackers may be unknown. Mueller just left the door open.

Until now. Now the FBI is sticking with its original story regardless of whether photographs displayed of the suspected Sept. 11 terrorists were of people who never boarded those planes and are very much alive. FBI spokesman Bill Carter simply brushes off as false the charges from news reports that the FBI misidentified some of the Sept. 11 terrorists. Carter says they got the names right and it doesn't matter whether the identities were stolen. This comes as a complete about-face from Mueller's comment that there might be some question about the names of the Sept. 11 terrorists because they might have been operating under stolen identities.

What does the FBI director think now? Mueller no longer is commenting on the charges. However, Carter insists the FBI got it right. End of story.

Oh my, what a mess. All these stories about mixed-up "hijacker" identities must be embarrassing. But like the many other 9/11 anomalies, the government refuses to explain. Fortunately, the corporate MSM whores have turned a blind eye to the whole sordid mess. Maybe this is why the FBI says "there's no hard evidence that connects Osama bin Laden to 9/11."

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Censorship has a new face, our president's.

Unlike the US, things are changing in France for TV and media in general.

The President wants to be the one appointing the director of state-sponsored TVs ( that means 3 of the only 5 channels the average guy can have, for 120€a year...yeah, i know, that's robbery. )
More, private and independent TV networks are owned by...our president's friends, Lagardère, Dassault and a lot of shareholders...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It did seem that things changed when Sarkozy got in - he seems much more pro-US. As someone who lives in the UK, I've always thought that there was more freedom in France in some ways - it's a state founded on successive revolutions and with a tradition of rioting every few years. I admire that, because I believe that line about how governments should fear their people, not the other way round.

Now that Sarkozy's in, and consolidating power... bad news for Europe. Merckel is already the Bilderbergers' placewoman.... it's not looking good for freedom.

new topics

top topics

join