It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP senators 'caved in' on stimulus, Paul says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

GOP senators 'caved in' on stimulus, Paul says

www.cnn.com

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (CNN) -- Former presidential candidate Ron Paul criticized President Obama's economic recovery proposal but said Saturday that blame for the financial crisis is deep-seated and includes Republicans who failed to hold the line on spending during the Bush administration.

He also offered a harsh critique of the three Republican senators who have said they will vote for the economic recovery proposal. A vote is scheduled for early next week.

Paul, a Republican represen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

"Sure, we want more spending," Paul said. "We need a lot more spending in the economy, but it has to be done by market forces, by individuals, by businesses making proper decisions."
from source link

Obama keeps sayign that we must move swiftly now and do something, doing nothing will have dire consequences.

No change, same thing Bush said before stealing all silverspoons before leaving office.

Do something?
Sure, but why, out of all the things to do, must you chose the worst possible option?

Can you smell the crazy?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
anyone know what Paul meant in the video when he said the FED is secretly doing what? to force ppl to make mistakes??

can anyone tell me?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The feeble old man is right on this one! (Not a Ron Paul fan)

These 3 Republicans need to be challenged vigorously in their next elections. The GOP should be recruiting potential candidates right now. Are you listening Michael Steele?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
above is the wrong mindset to have. lets vote them out. this still allows them to stay in the office till then and leaves them unaccountable in then end. so when then next guy goes in he knows he is safe for his term. look at all bush got away with and we couldnot even impeach him

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Agreed. In the meantime, the GOP should throw them out of the party. Those three have shown repeatedly that they'd rather be liberal Democrats. They may as well make it official.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I kinda take anything CNN has to say with a grain of salt. If you take the incumbents that's occupying the house and senate now will be back in the seat again. I suspect of them 'buying' the seat each election time just like Illinois ex-governor did selling the seat.

I also know that by watching cspan during the stimulus debate, they all say the same thing and appraising each other for doing a good job.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

what?
Haven't watched CSpan in a long time
they sold out too?

they were one of the good guys
please elaborate!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm sure their change of heart had nothing to do with the best interests of the economy or the American people. We'll soon find out what special perks their states will be receiving as a result of their new founded support of the plan. Politics as usual..

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I posted this video few days ago here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

To RRConservative:

The feeble old man is right on this one! (Not a Ron Paul fan) These 3 Republicans need to be challenged vigorously in their next elections. The GOP should be recruiting potential candidates right now. Are you listening Michael Steele?

Conservative is in your name, but not a Ron Paul fan. RP is the only real conservative in the Republican party.

Not to mention the fact that he called out all Republicans in the video for trying to be "born again."

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I agree with Ron Paul on some of his positions. For instance, no foreign entanglements. The elimination of the Fed and let our government regain control our currency as the constitution mandates. Pay as you go etc.

What I do not agree with is his libertarian positions on the complete elimination of Federal programs. In fact I think it childish and grandiose demagoguery.

Do a little research and you will find his racist past documented in his newsletters. He is not as clean as some imagine. He is after all a politician. A politician that has never had to face the power of the oligarchs that rule this nation. You really believe he would not cave. It is easy to talk trash from some small congressional district in Texas. Let's see what happens if he ever moves to the Major League. I think more of the same!

Ron Paul is a decent politician but not the savior of America!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I agree with Ron Paul on some of his positions. For instance, no foreign entanglements. The elimination of the Fed and let our government regain control our currency as the constitution mandates. Pay as you go etc.

What I do not agree with is his libertarian positions on the complete elimination of Federal programs. In fact I think it childish and grandiose demagoguery.

Do a little research and you will find his racist past documented in his newsletters. He is not as clean as some imagine. He is after all a politician. A politician that has never had to face the power of the oligarchs that rule this nation. You really believe he would not cave. It is easy to talk trash from some small congressional district in Texas. Let's see what happens if he ever moves to the Major League. I think more of the same!

Ron Paul is a decent politician but not the savior of America!

that is some pretty big stuff you are throwing out. proof he is a racist please.

**sarcasm*
and ron paul isnt the savior of america? i guess barack obama is then.
/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The reason that Dems and Reps approve such measures is because they know the people will forgive them. Out of the 257 member of Congress who voted for the last bailout and were up for reelection, only 8 of them got tossed out. ONLY 8

www.seektress.com...

Amazing how people are calling for us to rise and fight but are more than happy to reelect the same people who got us into this mess.

edited for link

[edit on 8-2-2009 by jam321]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here is one link

An unfortunate consequence of the Ron Paul campaign has been to form a strange alliance between more conservative libertarians and extremist groups including neo-Nazis and white supremacists. I’ve quoted from the racist writings in Ron Paul’s newsletter in the past, as well as noted his other connections to extremist groups. James Kirchick has accumulated far more information on Paul’s past at The New Republic. Some selections from Ron Paul’s newsletters can be found here. Besides containing racism and anti-Semitism, the newsletters contained support for the paranoid conspiracy theories which Paul has been associated with:

"A Special Issue on Racial Terrorism" analyzes the Los Angeles riots of 1992: "Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided."

The November 1990 issue of the Political Report had kind words for David Duke.

This newsletter describes Martin Luther King Jr. as "a world-class adulterer" who "seduced underage girls and boys" and "replaced the evil of forced segregation with the evil of forced integration."

The January 1991 edition of the Political Report refers to King as a "world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours" and a "flagrant plagiarist with a phony doctorate."

A February 1991 newsletter attacks "The X-Rated Martin Luther King."

An October 1990 edition of the Political Report ridicules black activists, led by Al Sharpton, for demonstrating at the Statue of Liberty in favor of renaming New York City after Martin Luther King. The newsletter suggests that "Welfaria," "Zooville," "Rapetown," "Dirtburg," and "Lazyopolis" would be better alternatives--and says, "Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house."

Gays

In the course of defending homophobic comments by Andy Rooney of CBS, a 1990 newsletter notes that a reporter for a gay magazine "certainly had an axe to grind, and that's not easy with a limp wrist."

The June 1990 issue of the Political Report says: "I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities."

From the August 1990 issue of the Political Report: "Bring Back the Closet!"

A January 1994 edition of the Survival Report states that "gays in San Francisco do not obey the dictates of good sense," adding: "[T]hese men don't really see a reason to live past their fifties. They are not married, they have no children, and their lives are centered on new sexual partners." Also, "they enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

So here are some examples of the kindly Dr. Paul a simple constitutionalist.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Leo Strauss]

top topics

join