It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek UFO cover up & smoking gun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Greek UFO cover up & smoking gun.

www.--.com

Now it can be revealed that the initial aviation authority report that documented this most interesting event and was brought to light by a number of Greek media outlets was mysteriously pulled off the web within days of being published and replaced by a heavily censored version!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A remarkable UFO incident that occurred in the skies over Athens over a year ago but was kept secret by the Greek Aviation Authority and the Greek Air Force has recently come to light and is receiving extensive media coverage in Greece. A recording of the conversation (in Greek) between the pilot involved and the airport control tower has been made public and can be listened to below. A copy of the official aviation authority report referring to 'Lightning 2' whereby two F-16's were scambled to intercept the UFO can also be viewed below.
On 11 November 2007 at 3:20am the captain of Olympic Airways flight 266 from Athens to London noticed an extremely unusual object moving erratically to the west of Athens. The object was somewhat star like in appearance however much brighter and larger with a constantly shifting shape.
Meanwhile the captains of Olympic Airways flights 730 to Kos and 700 to Rhodes reported the same thing. The sighting was then confirmed by Athens Airport control tower, whose employees observed the object moving towards Karystos, a small town on the Greek island of Euboea. At this point the Greek Air Force was contacted.

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
These documents should be translated, im sure there are Greeks on this forum. Can somebody apply them self to the job at hand?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I second that. Anybody that can translate this for us?

UFOs and the subsequent coverups of them exist all over the planet.

Good find OP. S & F!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I already translated the video in the original story ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll translate this one too if you give me a minute.

Edit: It's going to be a little more difficult on the document simply cause I don't know what all the acronyms mean so I have to try to look them up.

[edit on 8 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I would say I could but....It's all Greek to me

I'll take the hit on this one.

-
On topic:

Why is it that I never hear of the events in EU countries other than France and the UK. This is probably the first I've heard of something like this taking place in Greece.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
OK, I'm having some difficulty identifying the parties involved in the transcribed conversation on this document. I don't really know how to do a google search in Greek to figure out what the acronyms stand for. So rather than translating word for word I will give you a conceptual, if you will, rundown of the conversation.

Essentially this document is a set of communications between different agencies and the military discussing the original incident. It confirms the story of the pilot that he saw a brightly lit unidentified object that was not picked up by radar. The object was observed by the pilot and his cabin crew, it seemed as big as a star but had a different altitude and shape and moved from the right to the left of the plane. Apparently pictures were taken by the flight crew but nothing "clear" is visible in those pictures. The object eventually flew away from the pilot's sight until it disappeared from his view. They also confirm that 2 F-16s were scrambled but failed to find anything.

That's the general gist of the document. GEORGETHEGREEK, another Greek ATS member, who lives in Greece will probably be more familiar with who the specific parties are in the above conversation.

I hope this is helpful for now.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

There have been many events in greece-there is said to have been a few UFO crashes-and many in the former Yugoslavia.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Greece for what I gather does get it's fair share of UFO sightings.

Here's one from 2006: UFOdigest

A quick google search points to several others.

top topics

join