It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador Expels US Embassy Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

QUITO (AFP)--Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa on Saturday ordered the expulsion of a U.S. embassy official, accusing him of treating the country like a U.S. colony.

Speaking on his weekly radio and television program, Correa said the U.S. official sought to link economic aid to allowing Washington to choose the head of Ecuador's anti-contraband police. '

I am giving this gentleman 48 hours ... to grab his suitcase and get out of the country!' Correa said. 'We are not going to accept anyone treating us like a colony.'

Source

Finally some action against the empiricism of the US.

May it be an example for other countries.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Seriously, what business do we have being there? Or any other country, for that matter.

Considering our economic woes, I can think of 1 thing that would help Americans save money: stop spending trillions maintaining over 700 military bases in foreign countries. Oh yeah, and stop the war in the Middle East.

Spend that money at home on building things instead of blowing things up.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Its not that we want to give aid with some preconditions (because I guess thats just how foreign aid works)
Its just...how much of a jerk does this embassy official have to be to get kicked out of the country?
Seriously, it is that hard to work with Ecuador?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join