It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Sisterhoods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This site is constantly raving about masonry, but i would like to know if there are any secret sisterhoods or sisterhoods of secrets or just societys that recruit only women. Can anyone tell me of any?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well I know that some cultures used oracles, and such and also the amazonians who i havenyt heard anything about prolly nothing new found on them, just a female dominant society

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There is one that I am aware of. It's called The Order of the Eastern Star and is associated with regular Freemasonry, though it is made up entirely of women. You can Google it and come up with useful information about them and even some contact information.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Men and Women can both be part of the Order of the Eastern Star.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Men and women can both be part of various orders of Freemasonry, also.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by comawhite015]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yeah the Eastern Star is pretty much the only one i know of, but what i also know is the freemasons dont pass their secrets along to them so all in all it seems pretty lame

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NamiraNerd
This site is constantly raving about masonry, but i would like to know if there are any secret sisterhoods or sisterhoods of secrets or just societys that recruit only women. Can anyone tell me of any?
I don't know about on the large scale, but there are certainly a large number of small covens (Wiccan, Pagan, or whatever you'd like to call them) that are women only. The feminine energy is a big part of some alternative religions, and while there's room for male practitioners, there are some ceremonies that wouldn't allow them in.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I dont know about anyone else but im extremely disapointed. Though maybe we've got one up on the brotherhoods by actually staying a secret

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The only thing i can find for female orders are nunnerys and witches

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Masonry has some branches that are specifically female only.

Only results I get looking for female secret societies or sororities brings up mostly College fraternities.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well I belong to the White Robe Sisterhood, but it is secret.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
First you have to travel through here:

On one of these:

And many together may look like this:

And once we arrive we gather here:

It is a beautiful walk:

Each step is pure bliss:

Beyond Enlightenment

It is all very clean and Euromodern...
Technolologically advanced to say the least:

The earth meets the Sky, all one...:

And now you know.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NamiraNerd

Seeing as how many secret societies are older groups that have endured, if you consider historical attitudes towards women, it's really not that surprising there aren't a lot of secret societies for women (not counting the number of pagan/goddess groups that have popped up since the 70's, like JoshNorton mentioned). Women had no real social/political/economic power until fairly recently and, because of how society was structured, I think women tended to just naturally bond deeply over their shared female experience, so there weren't a lot of real reasons for them to form secret societies (by and large... I think there were small ones we don't know much about).

You should start your own. Who knows, maybe in a hundred+ years the group you found will still exist and people will spend an inordinate amount of time debating how your group has nefarious intentions for global domination! Or maybe it'll just fizzle out like so many others...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
More than likely there are more than you know, it is just that women have the ability to keep secrets and sacred teachings much easier than men. I studied under the tutelage of a long tradition of female Tibetan monks some years ago. I studied a healing or warrior discipline called Vajra Yogini Yoga.

The power to heal is the power to kill... so many of the techniques are best left in secret.

Long ago the Nuns of the Tibetan traditions were forced into secret or to be murdered. They in fact over the centuries were some of the greatest teachers of the monks themselves and many of the ruling elite. The knowledge was kept secret from the average man so as to not empower the masses and keep the Emperors and leaders in control.

Many of the traditions were passed down by word of mouth rather than risk leaking out, but there are many hidden works that are available. The esoteric practices were dangerous and could be misused however many of these are now available if only you know where to look. Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately, much has been so watered down that the real power points have been eliminated.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just wanted to bump this thread back up as I would love to discuss further female based techniques and knowledge.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NamiraNerd

I think its called The Order of The Eastern Star.....or so I think

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist1978

That's not very nice or sisterly my fellow forum member, I ask to discuss and you ignore me and answer a question to someone not online and that has already been answered.

It is hard to find women that are worthy of sisterhood status and trust.

I went through the first half of my life with just guy friends because at least with them I knew what I was getting into, with women I would place my trust only to be ripped off of my clothes my money or my man the majority of the time.

Most women do not have the capacity to be monogamous either, they are sneaky and underhanded. Scratch the surface and you find the real person who is not what they pretend to be.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think we are both to be left disapointed

The point made about historical attitudes to women is probably pretty much our answer. I would love to think groups of women lead a little revolt in the form of a secret sisterhood, but i suppose times were different.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.womenfreemasonsusa.com...

Women only Freemasonry Lodges in the USA. I've found several groups that admit both men and women, but only women is a bit of a rarity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join