It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. vs. China

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
the problem with china's production of wheat is there is a problem with water and most of the farmers are trying to grow "cash crops" fruit vegetables.etc.
and land taken for industrial production.

theres the main reasons

but heres what chinas doing.

developing new GM crops
transfer water from the south to north project.

heres link
us.tom.com...
english.people.com.cn...
www.water-technology.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
the US should think long and hard about Chinas nuclear arsenal witch is capable of reeking havoc on any opponent even one that is dependent on twelve aircraft carriers as the US is. the rest of the world has to realize that China is one off the fastest growing nations in military technology,computer tech,as well as being the second largest economy inthe world behind but catching up fast with the US. the Chinese are a superpower whether the US wants to believe it or not....

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

south korea wouldn't help...

largest trading partner.. and have good cultural links

China, South Korea hip to each other

atimes01.atimes.com...

and japnese bases are to far

Sorry bro.. I disagree with you on that...
South Korea and Japan are like the 51st and 52nd states of of you know what..

Plus now the americans are as deep as Afghanistan in the west..China is easy pickings for them from that direction..
Pakistan will not be able to help China in a US-CHina conflict..
Tough times for them(PAkistan) if US and china go to war..

India will keep out I'm quite sure..
Probably not even give logistic support to the US..
And all you chinese regard India with soo much hate!!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

South Korea and Japan are like the 51st and 52nd states of of you know what..

Plus now the americans are as deep as Afghanistan in the west..China is easy pickings for them from that direction..
Pakistan will not be able to help China in a US-CHina conflict..
Tough times for them(PAkistan) if US and china go to war..

ok i disagree with you to. nearly every year since the end of the cold war south koreans protest outside american bases. a known fact. anyhow south korea wouldn't go to war with her biggest trade partner and chiense and south koreans have warm feelins to each other.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ok if the US were to attack China pre-emptively then maybe there would be public pressure in SK..
Hell even if the US attacks NK pre-emptively there'd be an uproar in SK..

But the only other scenario I can see is the US attacking in "response" to something..And that something(whatever it maybe) will not be taken positively by SK.. esp. it be a an attack on Japan or Taiwan..

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
We chinese just have to wait.....and chinese world domiance is guaranteed...

SK will in most probability (99%) go with the US.

largest trading partner.....the US is too but wants to hit china;

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

But the only other scenario I can see is the US attacking in "response" to something..And that something(whatever it maybe) will not be taken positively by SK.. esp. it be a an attack on Japan or Taiwan..

jesus democaries are not allies. anyway does south korea even have a embasssy in taiwan.

why would south koreas care about japan?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Like South Korea or Australia or Japan had anything to do with Iraq .... and they still sent soldiers to wight the war in iraq.

The US is the sole reason SK, Taiwan & Japan are secure.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
omg do you know how much trouble john howard caused in australia by sending troops to iraq. it was a election promise that he wouldn't but he did anyway because he and bush have a good relationship. it wasn't because we were a allie. a few australia companys got big contracts to fix up iraqi compaines.

how is the US the sole reason south korea japan and taiwan are safe. is it because of arms??

because the same thing could be said about india

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
There are noises made the world over.... there were people protesting the iraq war in the US and UK too...but its not these noises that matter ...its what is achieved in the ground that matters and most leaders who waged war on iraq won their respective elections.

And in 99.99% liklehood this will happen if the US decides to attack china as well

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

And in 99.99% liklehood this will happen if the US decides to attack china as well

are you kidding me. you dont know nothing about this country its attitudes its lifestlye.

australians are layed back people, most people fear terriorist but only were convined to go to iraq was because of the WMD.

anyhow. our foriegn mister Alexander downer said

Then Alexander says: "But we will not be involved in any US/China/Taiwan war. We want the US to agree now that we have non-combatant status in the event of war."

canberra.yourguide.com.au...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
here is another example of stealthspys ignorance.

all talk but no idea of what your talking about

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hi there.
I feel the USA is in possesion of technology both in weaponary and delivery systems that would bring any and all admitted enemys to their knees in little more than seconds.

Right or wrong I feel the USA has the technology far above most people's imagination or what they read in science fiction books and novels.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
chinawhite it appears that when you are beaten to the wall you make personal attacks to save your arse.

someone may have said such and such a thing...but what was the ground reality in effect ??????

adn when did you ever live in Taiwan or Japan or South Korea or the US to be aware of the feelings of the people as you claim.

and we're talking about SK & Japan not australia

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
lived in china from 89-92 moved to australia then moved backed to china in 99-01 spent 2 and 15 days in taiwan now live in australia. i am going back to china in november and going to taiwan after that.

now have you ever been to china /taiwan /japan /austrlia
i think not

also i dont make the personal attacks you and Daedalus3 does.

and please quote my personal attacks that wont provoked

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
I feel the USA is in possesion of technology both in weaponary and delivery systems that would bring any and all admitted enemys to their knees in little more than seconds.
Right or wrong I feel the USA has the technology far above most people's imagination or what they read in science fiction books and novels.

i dont think that one bit. the US might have high flying fast aircraft. but do they have any newer ones like anti-gravity superconductors anything very advanced not more effienct old tech

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
What about South Korea and Japan that we are discussing about ??

and here's your personal attack that you appear to be denying.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well.......

I think the only thing the US and UK are concerned with is being attacked first. Perhap's that's why Bush is pushing for funds to move ahead with the Missle Defence Program. Mayhap's that's his only weakness. Otherwise your right in your description and wrong in that your lack of research and the possibility he has out of this world technology in delivery and weapons systems isn't reality cw.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
i have no doubt that the US posses tech other countries dont. i dont believe in these fastasy some people in these forumn have about these Black projects

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

thats not a personal attack i am stating the obvious

I never said japan wont help. i said japan is to far to do anything useful.

and i posted info about south koreans. south koreans want americans out of korea. how do you think if america was using their land to wage a war againest china with them.

anyway south korea and japan have no diplomatic ties with taiwan

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72 >>

join