It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. vs. China

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
3) US air power would dominate. We would be flying sorties from carriers, Japan, probably have F-117's and B-2's coming out of Australia. I doubt they would have much aircraft left after a week or 2 - they'd either be shot down or too afraid to fly. You must understand that their air craft are all old. They have a huge fleet, but for every plane we lost, they would loose like 20 if not more. Their AF does not get much time in the air as well, and they don't have any experience. I seem to remember a Chineese pilot crashing into a US servelence plane.

Not all of their planes are old. Among their aircraft are Su-30 planes that are 6 years of age.
And any idea how big their Air Force is?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The Su-30's would be dealt with either upgraded F-15's or if the conflict is late enough F/A-22's or if the conflict happens even later possibly JSF’s.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know, would Australia or Japan allow F/A-22s to fly out of their bases? That would mean an act of war against China.

The most probable event to happen in the strait is nothing, NADA, Zero, None. Taiwan won't dare an official claim of independance and therefore a conflict won't ever happen. It's only a matter of time until Taiwan is assimilated without the use of force but through economic and political terms.

If the war was to happen then if its late enough, China would have hundreds of J-10s of all variants and even J-XX. But no big conflict would ever happen between US and China, its not good for either of us but its worse for the US than for China even though not by that much. Hey, maybe Lian Zhan would get elected and in 8 years, they would formally reunite, or Hilary Clinton turns out to be a Pro China president (that is if she gets elected) go Hilary GO.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by COWlan]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
havent you guys heard yet. the chinese leaders are having meetings with each other. the oppostion leader of taiwan went to china to disscuss unification or something like that. the oppostion leader of taiwan nearly won the election . but the other won under very supicious circumstances. if theres no taiwan there is no sino-american war

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
China is growing to super power status and in coming years throw its weight around in the world, right now the U.S is the only superpower-inevitably the two nations will clash..as its been said before its a matter of who joins what side. Odds are, Russia, India and Japan will side with the U.S and you know no matter what, Europe always sticks with us..

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Europe will side with good.!

This isnt star wars, its real life. I say be active but wary.

There are other ways. I for one would say peace is a good thing

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Id say Vigilance over peace - many a lesson was learnt over the peace talks of Japan prior to pearl harbour.

China is a threat to America - lets not mix words - id prefer, in the future, the US to dictate global policy rather than the peoples republic of China.

US strategists are positioning the US in the most favourable position to protect western interests - be it the invasion of Iraq or the military blockade of the Straights of Malacca. Why forfeit such a dominant global position.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It might not be the forfeit of US's throne but more as being challenged in say 30 years time. Keywords: 30 years. Its not suddenly happening, it takes time but time is on China's side.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by COWlan]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Certainly the global threat of China is being acknowledged - and with all due respect - i hope its the Western World who are leading the way Intellectually, Politically, Morally and culturally into the 22nd century.

China is a uncertainty - certainly there is scope for growth and political and cultural dominance but they are yet to show thier cards - what they show at the moment is a the degreagtion of human rights and aggressive militaristic policy. Both of which are not preferential over the current global system of. The US is militaristic - but that is taken as a constant.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Vanguard]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't know, fortelling the future is a hard job to do, all people have is hope and that is it, we can't be sure of something to happen until it is actually happening. But if USA and China could join forces then we would have a gateway for global dominance well into the 21st century for sure, maybe even into the 22nd century.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don’t like the phrase global dominance - the Chinese Culture and value system is considerable different to the their western similaries. Furthermore it carries the undertones of wishing to impose the Chinese culture on the rest of humanity. Also given Chinas subservient role on the cultural and intellectual standpoint it maybe disrespectfal not to acknowledge the western worlds impact on humanity as a whole.

Id prefer cooperation, growth and mutual respect rather than some sort of dicatorship and global dominace. The US and China will never be alllies given thier current acceptance of levels of dictatorship, control and personal freedoms.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
When one country achieves Super Power status (e.g Great Britain, US), people adapt to their culture so they can hopefully make some $ or gain power or just simply to live. China is rising so its culture and language is spreading too, Mandarin classes are jam packed with people who want to make a few $ with China because there are just so many opportunities for that. It's not China trying to force its culture upon other countries but the other countries are trying to adapt to global trends. US rose so people learn English but that is a bad example because US and GB both spoke ENglish and US superpowerdom came directly after GBs. I hope you get a hang of what I'm trying to say and excuse my examples and bad use of English. China throughout history remained mostly isolated, we minded our business and our business only. China currently is still some what like that but the business of our economy demands things from the government such as the acquiring of oil, and resources. People of China demands the reintegration of Taiwan and possibly Mongolia and if the government doesn't fulfill the demand, CCCP might have a uprising soon.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by COWlan]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard
I don’t like the phrase global dominance - the Chinese Culture and value system is considerable different to the their western similaries. Furthermore it carries the undertones of wishing to impose the Chinese culture on the rest of humanity. Also given Chinas subservient role on the cultural and intellectual standpoint it maybe disrespectfal not to acknowledge the western worlds impact on humanity as a whole.

Id prefer cooperation, growth and mutual respect rather than some sort of dicatorship and global dominace. The US and China will never be alllies given thier current acceptance of levels of dictatorship, control and personal freedoms.

chinese impose their culture on other people are you kidding?
*cough* colonies *cough cough*
china never tried to colonize another people like the way the west did

[edit on 7-5-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
history is history - colonies were beneficial given the beneficial effects of an expanding empire - they are history. Past predictors are not a probable outcome of future events.

The global environment is changing - all information is incorporated - current discontent of the iraq war..... the aggresive aquition of chinese energy contracts...... its pointless to pigieon box future foriegn policy - its dynamic and receptive.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

chinese impose their culture on other people are you kidding?
*cough* colonies *cough cough*
china never tried to colonize another people like the way the west did

Umm, Tibet ????? Taiwan?????

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Tibet and Tiawan....

Perfectly within the rational decision mindset of a regionally dominant militaristic nation.

Bypass whether things are right or wrong.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Those aren't colonies, those are ours. Taiwan is a part of China for the last how many hundred years with the exception of WWII after and the occupation by Japs. Tibet is ours, history has proven it, Tibet has been with the Empire of China since the start of Qing Dynasty and was left un-controled because of our civil war. We claimed it in 20 years time. Sorry, you might even say America is occupying long beach or Alabama or something like that, those areas were with America short time after the declaration of independance. Am I right?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
[edit on 8-5-2005 by Broadsword20068]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
actually....now that i think about it..there will be no war between the USA and China.. the world would not recover from it..and everyone knows that whether you want to admit it or not.

its the same as between the usa and ussr in the 60s

and because everyone knows that

they will always stop at the proverbial red line..or point of no return

anyway wouldnt it be funny if some nation in EU or maybe even entire EU tries some ww3 crap...it would be fitting..seeing as how every world war has started there...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
actually....now that i think about it..there will be no war between the USA and China.. the world would not recover from it..and everyone knows that whether you want to admit it or not.

its the same as between the usa and ussr in the 60s

and because everyone knows that

they will always stop at the proverbial red line..or point of no return

anyway wouldnt it be funny if some nation in EU or maybe even entire EU tries some ww3 crap...it would be fitting..seeing as how every world war has started there...

yea, lol, WW3 should take place in europe as a major front like the past two world wars lol, that way we can go in and save their sorry european butts again lol, but i don't see it happening now cause they seem to become prefist (spelling?)[trying to said peaceful] lol

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join