It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. vs. China

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Originally posted by xpert11

If China used nukes correctly it would have the same effect.In the end it all boils down to nukes.

You hit the nail on the head the economic blockade and the bombing of factories would in affect be the icing on the cake that would cut the supply lines to the remains of the chinese military and force them to sue for peace (thats if the chinese didnt sue for peace after the nukes were droped and the war lost.) .Of course the chinese could nuke US bases in Japan and nuke bases on the Island of Taiwan and then the tables would be turned.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Exactly.Nukes will lead to a stalemate.What if they made a deal that no nukes would be launched?Which country would have the advantage in conventional warfare?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
why would china only nuke US bases in Asia, why not hitting the US mainland? Don't tell me we don't have the capability to deliver nukes to the US while we have had nukes since 1964 and just sent a man into space.

BTW, China has just surpassed Japan as the 3rd largest trading nation in the world after US and Germany so exactly do you plan to blockade and sanction china economically????

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Hawkssss]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
you know what, even though America is strong in military powers. I believe China can defeat US when war starts, depand on how they play their cards. "Never be quick to underestimate the strengh and abilities of a potential enemy". The only way there will be a war with US is Taiwan, which is a trouble country. ( that's my words, beacuse every year they will start up something with china and when china get piss off, they run to US for help. Just like a kid, nothing but trouble.) And if war comes that mean there will be world war 3, all the countries will start to acting up. Like : North Korea.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by robert605]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by robert605
you know what, even though America is strong in military powers. I believe China can defeat US when war starts, depand on how they play their cards. "Never be quick to underestimate the strengh and abilities of a potential enemy". The only way there will be a war with US is Taiwan, which is a trouble country. ( that's my words, beacuse every year they will start up something with china and when china get piss off, they run to US for help. Just like a kid, nothing but trouble.) And if war comes that mean there will be world war 3, all the countries will start to acting up. Like : North Korea.

Well,i don't think WWIII would start just because of Taiwan or North Korea for that matter.Think Vietnam and the previous Korean war in 1950s.However,if war does start,it would be hard to tell who would win,for both have nuclear capabilities,modern equipment and relatively good traning.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's called MAD, mutual assured destruction and that's why there won't be a war between nuclear powers.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This war will completely depend on intel, esp. for the US. They have the capacity to cripple chinas nuclear capability with their tac nukes, but they need to have the corect intel. Same for China. I don't know if china has tac nukes. Also i think the chinese have vvery less no. of warheads as compared to the US. So a tac strike by the US is not impossible, but it will be much more difficult for the chinese for 2 reasons:

1. More nukes to neutralise obviously!!
2. Only way to neutralise nukes on the US mainland is by sabotage. China does not have the military capability to take out silos in the US while the reverse is true. (B-2, F-117 etc. etc.)

I do not know if the Us wil be able to mount a full-scale invasion, but the US can definitely "defeat" the chinese, just by taking out 80 to 90% of their nukes by tactical strikes. In that case the chinese will prompt for ceasefire as IMHO they will want to keep their remaining nukes as a credible deterrant for future aggressors.

In the end I think the US can come out of this is victorious is if they have the right intel. An invasion would be unnecessary, the US could just 'liberate taiwan' and give them some ground annexed on the mainland.

Intel is of utmost importance to the US. They have the capabilty to defeat any country(except russia) w/o inccuring much harm themselves militarily on home soil. All they need is the right intel.
Guerrilla warfare on the US mainland is another thing.

So you chicoms better keep on moving those nukes around !!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

Soon after the horrific attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, two high-ranking Chinese military planners took credit for the 9/11 attacks and were even hailed as national heroes in China.
In fact, three years before 9/11, the Chinese colonels had proposed the attacks and cited Osama bin Laden by name in their book "Unrestricted Warfare."(Click Here for more info on book.)

The authors of "Unrestricted Warfare"are Senior Cols. Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, and in 1999 they wrote that an attack by bin Laden on the World Trade Center would be just the type of "unrestricted warfare"that could bring down America.

The book was published by China's People's Liberation Army and had the endorsement of the Chinese government.

"Unrestricted Warfare" makes clear its purpose: offering China and other "weak" countries a strategy to destroy the U.S. without a full-scale invasion, using unusual or "asymmetrical" warfare.

Well,there's something called guerrila warfare.If the colonels could think of this,i bet they could plan something like that in wartime.Try driving a 747 into a nuke silo?

[edit on 3/11/04 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by c_u_man
If the US wanted to eradicate all the chinese in china by bombing it into oblivion, then they might win it, if the rest of the world didn't stop them, or they didn't run out of bombs or planes first.

If they go into a ground war alone, no way they could. They don't even have the logistic capability to ship half their ground forces anymore, let alone supply them in the field halfway across the globe for an extended period. No more massive fleet trains like in WWII.

So, they need bases to work from and a hitler in the white house is not going to have many friends in this day and age. They could just attack those countries that refuse them basing rights, but it'll pretty much be the US against the rest of the world then.

Conclusion: US wouldn't be able to win without the rest of the world doing something about it. Armageddon is what it would be. Imagine a Hitler with the US arsenal at his disposal

Well said.

Another thing.What reason is the USA gonna have for attacking China?If they didn't have a reason,USA would be Germany with nukes and modern technology

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
@ W4rlrd
If you'll notice I did mention that guerilla warfare is another thign alltogther. thats the only way to defeat the US..

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
@ W4rlrd
If you'll notice I did mention that guerilla warfare is another thign alltogther. thats the only way to defeat the US..

My bad then.Think about the theory about the US not having any friends being the modern day Nazis they are.Poof goes Japan and South Korea as bases

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Exactly.Nukes will lead to a stalemate.What if they made a deal that no nukes would be launched?Which country would have the advantage in conventional warfare?

I dont think nukes would result in a stalemate first strike would win for example if the USA used nukes first they would win the war.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Conventionally US would win IMHO

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Conventionally US would win IMHO

A full scale invasion would be IMPOSSIBLE.Only other way would be bombing and ballistic missles,but to really win a war you have to have ground troops there.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't think any super power countries can use nuke in a war anyways, don't they have a UN treaty saying that if any countires use nuke for mass destruction
will be countermeasure by UN, and most likely US will be the first to us nuke if war comes with China.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by robert605
I don't think any super power countries can use nuke in a war anyways, don't they have a UN treaty saying that if any countires use nuke for mass destruction
will be countermeasure by UN, and most likely US will be the first to us nuke if war comes with China.

Yes,so if the USA does nuke China,it would be whole world vs USA/nuke user

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
^^I don't think you people read up much on policy. USA has a not first use policy vis-a-vis nuclear weapons. So does Russia. China does NOT have a no-first-use policy. The chinese have already made it clear that they don't have a problem with being the first ones to use nukes in a pre-emptive strike.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com...

Soon after the horrific attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, two high-ranking Chinese military planners took credit for the 9/11 attacks and were even hailed as national heroes in China.

So the chinese people were thrilled by the prospect that 3000+ civlians had lost their lives in a 'war' they had nothing to do with? I dont approve of american foreign policy of 'policing' and meddling with others affairs, but that attack was uncalled for..

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't know where you get your news from, i think you should stop looking at the old source agreement about china and it's nuke. Things change since china have join the UN.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
China's strategic nuclear forces have the defence only nuclear weapon rule. The are not allowed to fire nukes on a country if we are not attacked by nukes.
Please. Do your research before you come and post.
Man, Daedalus, DO YOUR RESEARCH, sixty percent of what you say is BS, you are transmitting false information into other people.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by COWlan]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join