It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. vs. China

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
as much as u destroy them ur gona need groud troops at least to claim victory otherwise u just bombed a country

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If the US wanted to eradicate all the chinese in china by bombing it into oblivion, then they might win it, if the rest of the world didn't stop them, or they didn't run out of bombs or planes first.

If they go into a ground war alone, no way they could. They don't even have the logistic capability to ship half their ground forces anymore, let alone supply them in the field halfway across the globe for an extended period. No more massive fleet trains like in WWII.

So, they need bases to work from and a hitler in the white house is not going to have many friends in this day and age. They could just attack those countries that refuse them basing rights, but it'll pretty much be the US against the rest of the world then.

Conclusion: US wouldn't be able to win without the rest of the world doing something about it. Armageddon is what it would be. Imagine a Hitler with the US arsenal at his disposal

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What ever either country could win. It depends on whos in charge. Ok people this threads been great but its dead, we've beat to death, its done, the end, GAME OVER, anywho Hasta Luego!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This thread is so long so it is a very popular topic among the Americans.
US vs China, US is the most powerful country, who want to vs US is just
out of mind.

Sometimes we Chinese think the tragedy of China is we fought the Korean
War, although this war is called as forgotten war, but actually the memory
is so deep that many Americans still put China as a potential and potent
enemy in their sub-consicious. India is also a nuclear power, they have
better navy and airforce, their airforce beated US airforce in the drill, they
have 2 aircraft carrier cruising the ocean, but US seems just ignoring them.
US always put the heat on China actually give great pressure to both
Chinese people and its government. I don't know if we should take this
as an honor.

I read an article named "nuclear bundle stratregy", but it is in Chinese.
the main idea is nuclear weak side can bundle a relatively strong side
to fight with a monster enemy. Like A country fight with C country, C is
much weaker than A, so C's strategy will be bundle another R country into
nuclear fighting to ensure the global destruction.

By the way, if a global nuclear war happened, the only survive people will
be Chinese, the reason is we have Tibet plateau, this place can almost
immune from the nuclear disaster. So the most possible result is all the
country destroyed, and finially Chinese begin to take over the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
realy have you heard of a nuclear winter let me see if I understand this you will go someplace where its really cold then wait till it gets colder wow great idea

D

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
realy have you heard of a nuclear winter let me see if I understand this you will go someplace where its really cold then wait till it gets colder wow great idea

Take it easy mate, don't have to be so hostile. If you think he doesn't get what nuclear winter is just explain what it really is.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nuclear winter is the nuclear war will cause dust to fill the air for years,
it will cause a nuclear winter of the global, all the life will die because
they can not see sunshine any more.

Tibet's height is above 3000 meters, do you think the dust will go so high ?
I still think that may be only Tibet can enjoy a clear sky and the sun shine.

This is not my idea. Once a nuclear scientist gave a speech and he talked
about this, and he think because of this, the nuclear war can not wholely
destroy China.

I will not go to Tibet to avoid a nuke war, Chinese people don't afraid
of death. What I just want to say, if Ameria use nuke to bomb other
countries, may be the final result is not as you expected.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Um can you find me a link to that scientist who said that also it is said the dust will go up in the atmosphere to cover the sun is Tibet plateau higher than the atmosphere of the earth no its not therefore it is subject to a nuclear winter.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
WestPoint - ok I quit. I don't want to argue some basic physical
knowledges.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
hello i am a chinese from mainland china
you guys had come up with a lot of crazy ideas, like the one using nukes
everyone knows that US needed China, i dont see why americans want to use nukes,
btw the problem is, if US fight China without using nukes will US still win???

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blitzkrieg
hello i am a chinese from mainland china
you guys had come up with a lot of crazy ideas, like the one using nukes
everyone knows that US needed China, i dont see why americans want to use nukes,
btw the problem is, if US fight China without using nukes will US still win???

USA needs china , china needs USA.
ameria would use nukes in defense and china would use nukes if they were absolutely screwed.
yes. because china is a land force/airforce not a sea force which the USA has a good balance of sea and air, thier land is large and good yet no match for china, china simply has 2 many numbers.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok this thread is getting beat enough but I have nothing better to do so why not keep up this discussion. Devilwasp is right, we both depend on each other economically to an extent. But I figure that if the US had to fend for its self we could do it. We have plenty of natural and human resources (plus automation technology), all that we would lose would be some capital resources. Luckily of those three capital is the replacable one. So economically we would run into some problems but it would actually do us some good by bringing jobs back into the US. Military wise as I said either side could win this but most likely the US would win. Numbers matter a lot less in modern warfare. Some people say China has too many soldiers. Well consider this, you have to arm and equip even more soldiers. Besides nothing a bit of mustard gas or a plague couldn't clear up for the US's advantage.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It is really hard to say who would win this war. This scenario is similar to Nazi Germany and Soviet Union in World War Two.

Differences do exist:

1. Germans and Soviets fought on the ground and in air, while this one will be fought on sea and in air.
2. Soviets have their winter as a weapon, neither China nor America is that cold (except Alaska).
3. Both Germany and USSR were control by dictator, whereas China is 50% a totalitarian state and US is 0%
4. USSR population was twice as many as Germany, China's current population is 4 times+ higher than that of US'
5. Hitler did whatever he wants to simply because he dont care about anything, please dont tell me Bush will one day become a Hitler II
6. Before US' war is finished, their government will be overthrown already since Americans cant manage to take that much casualties. Let's assume the kill ratio is 5 to 1, China takes two million kia while US takes 400,000
I say 400,000 enough to convince US to withdraw before the campaign ends. Or lets say the family and friends of that 400,000 US marines killed protest against the government or lead an uprising (gun control is loose in US). Is the President evil enough to have them all machine-gunned?
7. Hitler took Stalin by surprise because they've signed a ten years nonaggression treaty, that's why SU suffered so much casualties.
China is aware of US military and wont make that kind of foolish decision.
8. At the time German-Russian war was fought no one aided the Soviets with manpower and those countries like Finland are with Germany. US WOULD have allies, but China is not alone either. Russia, Vietnam, North Korea, Pakistan. Plus Russia is a former superpower from cold war and China WILL be a superpower. So a son and a father against a son, it is obvious which side would win.
9. Are we assuming the two fight tomorrow? You would probably say Taiwan would be the detonator to WW3, but US announced she wont support Taiwan, so how is a war possible? A war would probably be fought around two decades from now. Remember China is catching up and would undertake america in 20 years. By that time, what advantages would US have?
10. Dont forget US is still fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Where is their invasion force coming from? US is more like a threat to global security, if they dont stop then they will be burnt by their own fire someday. If US loses support from the majority, how could they win? Americans are still denouncing Bush for war in Iraq, china is thousands times bigger in population. Perhaps US government would be overthrown before they make the declaration of war.

Im only thirteen years old to this world. so if im wrong, please correct me

[edit on 2-10-2004 by blitzkrieg]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
blitzkrieg

(1) - that's true the war would be fought on the sea and in the air
(2) - winter would not play a role in the battles in the south China sea, as I much doubt that much of that tropical area receives any snow at all
(3) - in a simple sense its true, (China is controlled by mostly a small group of people that run it)
(4) - population does not mean a potential victory, an example is of the Spanish destruction of the Aztec Empire, Cortez took 600 men, 160 horses, only 11 muskets and went to whipe out the whole Aztec empire within a short amount of years (you can learn more about this in the U.S. history books)
(5) - Hitler and Stalin did whatever they wanted too, bush can too if Congress, the Senate, and the people want it or approve of it
Truman allowed the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, he wasn't kicked out of office
(6) - If its a sea and air battle, I doubt there will be 400,000 casaulties on the American side, I doubt there are that many Marines, sailors and pilots in the U.S military right now, that might die on navy ships, carriers, bases within striking reach of China
(7) - The U.S basically told the whole world in March 2003, when they were going to attack Iraq after the deadline for Saddam to give up his WMD(LOL), they would give China the same warning, or declare war, then attack. Plus stalin wanted to attack Germany, Hitler just did it first, they both knew that they were going to war with each other.
(8) - The Russians had the British, exiled French, exiled Polish, etc, fighting in North Africa and over the skies of Europe before they invaded the european continant, and of course the Americans who would fight with them within 6 months and that also gave them tons of equitment such as trucks, boots, etc, that were greatly needed by the Russians for moving supplies, troops.
Also I doubt that the Vietnamese would come to the aid of the Chinese, after the Chinese invaded Vietnam and threatened their nation, I wouldn't trust that country, Pakistan would want to be bothered with Communist expansions, neither would Russia want to fight the U.S because they probably would be afraid of economic ties with the E.U and a little alliance called NATO on their Western border.
(9) - The United States of America would never allow a "Communist" country to invaded a democratic country that not only is buying billions of dollars of weapons, trades and commerce, good relations, but also a thron in the side of China. What would the U.S do if Cuba invaded Haiti, yoI guarrante that jdams would be falling that night on Havana.
(10) - The U.S would not invade China, only destory their navy and merchant fleet, raise sanctions on them with other partners such as Japan, South Korea(maybe even United Korea), etc, in doing this cripple their economy and no real reason to fight the Americans.
If the U.S wanted to invade China, they would do it through India, I would guess that India would want to get some land back, I would guess they join with the invasion.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We wouldn't have to invade China if we went for a decapitating hit. from of all places, space. Yes space, either from hypersonic craft dropping brilliant weapons or, directed energy weapons onboard either sattelites or aircraft. All the while backing groups in China willing to lead the country with basic human rights in mind not out of their mind. The country would invade itself given the opportunity.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bign
We wouldn't have to invade China if we went for a decapitating hit. from of all places, space. Yes space, either from hypersonic craft dropping brilliant weapons or, directed energy weapons onboard either sattelites or aircraft. All the while backing groups in China willing to lead the country with basic human rights in mind not out of their mind. The country would invade itself given the opportunity.

To think anybody in China would like America is wishful thinking.

China likes China. Not the Chinese government, not America.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bign

All warmongers like you are welcomed in China. Just let us know when you are planning to come.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think the only way we would ever go to war on a large scale against China I would think is if it was World War 3. It wouldn't really matter who would win because the world would be over as we know it.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I think the only way we would ever go to war on a large scale against China I would think is if it was World War 3. It wouldn't really matter who would win because the world would be over as we know it.

fully agreed

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Zife isn't it 11 cannons not 11 muksetS?

anyways they won because some natives helped them and also there's a legend that says the god Quetzacoatl left in a boat and was going to return and went the natives saw the boats they tought it was quetzacoatl and they were terrified by horses and gunfire.

but technically the aztecs/incas/mayans would have won

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join