It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we get payed off ($$) to forget about the 2000 Florida recount??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I have no idea what you mean by this. Do you not understand that the Supreme Court has nothing to do with the governor? Or maybe you don't understand that the network media is national and not owned by the state of Florida? Maybe you don't seem to have a clue that the tax break, that is to say, money back into the hands that own it, has in no way a part in the Florida voting process, I don't know. What I do know is the idea of a tax break to the nation being a payback to the Florida election process is about the biggest stretch of anything I've seen so far. It makes no sense and the only ones that could find sense in this are the ones who find George/Jeb=evil =0. That equation just doesn't add up. Not that I think Jeb is all that sharp, and not that I think George is the best president or anything, I just have enough rationalthinking and am without the hate and rage to be blinded. I learned from my blind rage during the Clinton years.

mr crowne, perhaps you don't read every word, maybe nobody reads anymore, skim, pick words they relate to or oppose and reply....but this has absolutely nothing to do with me believing that election scandal and the tax credit we had were ever connected, I repeat, if you read in my post you quoted and the very first one I replied in. I clearly stated that TAX REFUNDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FLORIDA RECOUNT. what da hell is everyone's problem today, somehow this thread ended up with me having to explain loan vs. advance...and taxes in general, when all i did was tell the person who started the thread that that wasn't the case.

"and that tax money couldn't be a payoff.....it was only an advance on money you would be collecting now...sort of like a loan...that's all...no free money."

and

I replied to this thread to let 2goodbucs know that the tax refund we got, that he thinks might be pay off money has nothing to do with the florida elections and that it wasn't free money...just an advance..a loan of sorts.

now where did you get the idea that I believe the tax check and the elections were all an evil bush plan?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
SilQ, you make no sense. Bush was elected according to the freaking LAW! No matter how badly the liberal agenda wanted to circumvent the law, it was still upheld. Your lack of knowledge does not make it any kind of violation. One day, hopefully, you'll look back from a position of knowledge, see such posts, and realize how ignorant they appear.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i'm from florida..please don't remind me of the situation. Definitely something fishy went down, especially out here in South florida, Broward and Miami Dade counties.

World Watcher I agree with you about that fishy thing. I think the saying is "You dont know it unless you live it" and by that I am saying I am also a resident of Florida for 10 years and YES all the "Floridians" that live here do feel like something fishy was going on during the 2000 re-election (Demos or Republicans). I myself am a Independent but by starting this thread it may SEEM that I am a Demo. I just wanted to know other peoples opinions of the un-changeable past and to me it looks like this thread almost deserves to be in the Mud Pitt forum by the flak WW is getting (You go girl or guy!!)
Whatever political party you may side with, Floridian or not I think this would be an interesting topic to talk about in the future if that WILDCARD (See first thread about Osama) does get thrown down before Novembers presidential elections.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
I do agree with us "finding" bin laden right before the next election...my guess...August/Sept...just when sh@t will hit the fan..

What do you mean $h*t hitting the fan? You mean the NWO movement going into effect? I think thats too soon if you mean it that way. Enlighten me of your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A good point. I doubt there will be many more elections to argue as it seems to me that the stage is being set. The Clinton created Patriot language has been implemented by Bush after a serious event. Our troops are scattered abroad and are likely to be further scattered. Let's say a worst case scenario of many U.S. cities being attacked by suitcase nukes detonating at the same time. A good time for U.N. troops to be brought in to "aid" in the chaos, wouldn't you think? The martial rule we have been under for many decades being upgraded to martial law across the country and all pretenses of civil rule being discarded.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Let's say a worst case scenario of many U.S. cities being attacked by suitcase nukes detonating at the same time. A good time for U.N. troops to be brought in to "aid" in the chaos, wouldn't you think?

WOW, I was just thinking about that Mr Crowne. I think if I had the mentality of a terrorist I would send a bunch of my suicide bombers to penetrate MacDill Airforce Base (knocking on wood). I heard theres a bunch of nukes there to start with, but I think those terrorist are going to need more than just a bunch of vans loaded with explosives to penetrate that base. I have never been there before but I seen it on the news and it looks like its very well defended against any terrorist attack. That will never happen unless they have someone working for them from the inside. (I may need to edit this thread so that I dont give anyone any ideas :barf

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2goodbucs

I do agree with us "finding" bin laden right before the next election...my guess...August/Sept...just when sh@t will hit the fan..

What do you mean $h*t hitting the fan? You mean the NWO movement going into effect? I think thats too soon if you mean it that way. Enlighten me of your thoughts.

no no...in a political sense...by the end of the summer...at the rate its going now....Bush will have a 30% approval rate....very low...a OBL "capture" will easily jump it back up 20 points...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2goodbucs

no no...in a political sense...by the end of the summer...at the rate its going now....Bush will have a 30% approval rate....very low...a OBL "capture" will easily jump it back up 20 points...

Yes I agree, I think you may want to add another 20 percent to your projected 20 percent for a total of 70% approval rate because you have to remember that a good sum of these voters are un-educated in politics and a gust of air would easily swoon them over to any side of the politcal party.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here is a link to a video that gives more info on what worldwatcher mentioned earlier.

sf.indymedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobby B
Here is a link to a video that gives more info on what worldwatcher mentioned earlier.

sf.indymedia.org...

wow, an hour long special?? I better start watching this now. Thanks for the link. So far so good.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Bobby B

thank you, I have never seen that documentary, don't know if it was ever shown here. It was worth the 56 minutes of my time, since it confirmed for me much of what I believe. I wish every American could see this documentary and read what we read here on ATS, and finally wake up, perhaps then a major change could occur and Bush won't steal another election. thanks again for the link

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Bobby B

thank you, I have never seen that documentary, don't know if it was ever shown here. It was worth the 56 minutes of my time, since it confirmed for me much of what I believe. I wish every American could see this documentary and read what we read here on ATS, and finally wake up, perhaps then a major change could occur and Bush won't steal another election. thanks again for the link

I am half way through the video but I like the part when they say Bush is dumb as a door nail and that other guy saying "the weak is leading the strong". OUCH. I think everyone should see that video. It is worth the hour of your time.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Now, I have an hour of my time gone and it was wasted on propaganda.
The amazing thing is what people think is factual and logical. I'm really surprised there aren't more Jim Jones' running around talking more people into drinking spiked Kool-Aide. I'm really serious.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bucks, McDill doesn't have the hand-carryables. Ours are locked away in places where I assure you, you will not ever get to them. Not without an army. I have knowledge of that particular scene, and I assure you, they are secure.

However, several yers ago the Soviet Union fell into disarray. Military leaders saw themselves going into the depths of poverty and saw selling such items as a way to secure their future. Numerous items are unaccounted for, but I assure you, they did not disappear. They will be seen again, and I feel confident they will be detonated in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
damn mr crowne I can't believe you still can't see the truth, but i didn't really expect you to change your proganda anyways. oh well, maybe it doesn't affect you for whatever ulterior motives you may have, but I am sure it will affect others. however i do respect your commitment to your cause. I hope everyone could be as committed to their own cause, hopefully it will be one to change path in which we are headed. peace with no grease
(waits for the"you must be a hippy liberal democrat accusations")

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Mr Crowne,
Half way through that 1 hour clip I too thought of propaganda, but I did think it was very interesting to watch considering some good points during President Bushs time spent during the war as a soldier (can I say soldier??). I still haven't seen the rest of the video clip because school work is more important, but if I were you I would have immediately cancelled the video clip because I did think of it as propaganda and wouldn't waste my time watching the rest. Like I said before, I am an Independent voter and I am open to all types of peoples opinions so I will finish the rest of the clip tonight. As for the McDill AFB nukes, I know they dont have any hand helds but IF and thats IF a terrorist would be able to pass these 5 or 6 foot (metal or concrete) security doors that lead to a wide variety of weapons that makes Baskin and Robins look like they only have two ice cream flavors and some how detonate ONE bomb alone in McDills weapon storage room, it would take out the WHOLE city of Tampa, LITERALLY. I truly believe you that NO-ONE can get in there and do such a thing, with or without an army they are going to need more than a prayer to their radical "god" to do didley squat. Thank god and our military for that. wheew!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join