It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Bailed Out Banks Still Give Bonuses? - Above Politics 52

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You don't know what you're talking about. That's why you do not understand what I am saying...

Like the one guy said bonuses are paid across the company. People like you and I who are not running the banks are open to the possibility of receiving incentive to work harder.. We spend money and buy things from other people and so on and so on... I wouldn't ask you to sacrifice your bonus because your ignorant neighbor didn't understand they could not afford a 300,000 dollar home with no job. Yes people at the bank should receive a bonus, No they shouldn't be told they cannot have a bonus because of IDIOTS., are you for real? I hope the two of us never talk again.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by etombo]

[edit on 14-2-2009 by etombo]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Are you saying that they should waste taxpayers money on bonuses that are supposed to be used for lending purposes?

I think banks should give money like Homer thinks but you'd be seriously I don't know... you couldn't seriously think and defend a position saying that banks should use taxpayers money for bonuses.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I want to figure out how much of your tax dollars are going to the banks so I can personally write you a check to stop being such a whiner. It isn't like these bonuses aren't spent on things... Spending is certainly not a huge factor in a recession.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

So you would rather these banks have the money than that money being put in the spenders? I'm sure in your country you would rather have the money that is supposed to be for tax payers be lent to the tax payers as opposed to being just lent to greedy bankers that just spend it on themselves... that isn't "change we can believe in". Oh, so I get it, why don't you just give all your money to the bankers if you want them to spend so badly?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It is my personal belief that the whole bank issue is a product of idiot consumers. People who believe they are entitled to things they cannot afford. This is why we're butting heads.. I see the problem as the people's problem. I do not blame the banks. In my opinion if the banks were controlling as they should have we wouldn't be in this problem. Yes give the money to the bank and let them fix it. Trust that it is not in the bank's interest to not make available products for it's customers. The banks rely on the customer and this time it failed. It was foolish for the institutions to think that the average citizen could be held accountable for anything.

I guess what I'm saying is the banks are probably in a better position than most American's to spend money. Hate me for saying it, that's fine but the biggest problem in this country is a completely messed up sense of entitlement by the average consumer. People feel they are entitled to a home when they cannot afford it. This delusion is the biggest problem..

[edit on 16-2-2009 by etombo]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

The problem is that the banks aren't lending the money. Why should we give money to the banks when they are keeping it to themselves and giving themselves bonuses?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well taking into consideration that during the hearings they told congress that they will be needing more bail out money I don't see the wisdom of them keep paying bonuses.

Still when they go ahead and do it is nothing more than a slap on the American tax payer face and a mockery to our corrupted system of government that rewards failure at the expenses of American citizens.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Should Bailed Out Banks Still Give Bonuses? - Above Politics 52

Silly me, I always thought a bonus was for exceptional performance, not for driving a company to the brink of closing...but it appears I was mistaken...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

So all us idiot consumers are the reason for the banking crisis?? I fail to see how consumers are to blame for the greed of the banks to lend money to people who had the dream to own their own home. The banks fails to have proper control of the lending process and lent money to people who could not afford the repayments.

Then those banks sold the debts they had on to other companies who were looking to make a profit on the sold debts, and in some cases, there debts were sold on several times.

So how in all this, can I be to blame?

And how are the banks better placed to spend this bail out bank. What are they doing with the vast sums that have been given them. Giving credit to business so they can expand, grow and take advantage of new business opportunties?

And why should any bank that has taken tax payers money to bail them out, pay any of their staff a bonus. As some of the posters have said that bonuses should be paid to reward banks that have done well, not thoses that has failed.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No they should not get bonuses for poor performance and collapsing their own banks. Without putting banking regulations back to the way they were before R. Reagon's administration, nothing will change the way the banks are doing buisiness. Banks will continue to fail and the global economy would continue to be in a freefall. Republican Senator Phil Graham slipped in over 200 pages of banking deregulation into a bill that President Clinton signed into law. During the Clinton administration the Republican controlled congress also enacted NAFTA. Which is another major reason the US has lost many jobs and factories in America jin the past 8 years to ten years. The Bush 2 administration expanded on the coporate scheme and enacted CAFTA. Big oil also have had their major part in the present deep global recession. Grabbing up huge profits for their products without regard to the concequences to the economic destruction that they helped to create. For the most part, Big Oil, bank CEO's and Repupblicans are one and the same. The first great depresion was created by the Republicans and their corporate sponsors and the present attempt at creating a second Great Depression is now in process.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

It may not be your fault. But it is certainly the fault of your fellow consumers.

The banks knew this was an issue but the sub prime was pushed by the gov. The people made the demand. But each and every single one of you that makes a post against me only proves my point which you are missing. The point I am trying to be across that you are not responsible enough with your money. If you make a post to tell me how I am wrong please include that you, your neighbors, friends, family and every other average citizen you see on the the street does not have enough sense to manage money. There has to be someone out there who can see what I am talking about.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So basically what you're saying is it is all the other guy's fault that people have no accountability?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
NO..........and uhm.............NO

and then again I really think.........NO

Unless I get a big bonus as well.

Ok, sarcasm off I guess, though still no, I really believe bonuses are supposed to be for doing a good job? Right? Did they do a good job? Well, yes they did a good job making a big horrible mess. Oh my, so as they did a "good job" messing everything up maybe they deserve their bonuses. uhm NO

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Maybe the schools should be punished for not teaching people how to manage their own money. Let us get to the root of this. You forgot to add the fact that you, your friends, family, and any average citizen you come across is incapable of managing their money.. So I added it for you.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
reply to post by amazed

Maybe the schools should be punished for not teaching people how to manage their own money. Let us get to the root of this. You forgot to add the fact that you, your friends, family, and any average citizen you come across is incapable of managing their money.. So I added it for you.

mm, you do not know my personal situation, but that is ok. I was working on a long reply, but decided I wanted to ask you a couple of questions first. What is your idea of someone incapable of managing their money? Give me some examples, and I will let you know if I fit into that category. Otherwise you are just making assumptions.

On top of, how is my opinion that banks who need a bailout should NOT be giving out big bonuses, must therefore equal myself and others not being able to manage their money?

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It is too predictable that someone would want to hold someone else responsible for their mistakes. I believe a company should give incentives to their employees. I do not believe that the people who could not even have the common sense to not purchase something they obviously cannot afford are capable of telling a bank how to operate. When you show me the bank that put a gun to your head and made you make a poor decision I will believe you.

Unless someone can acknowledge the basic things I've been saying all along, please to not expect me to make a response. Acknowledge what I am saying and I will gladly consider your opinions.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It is too predictable that someone would want to hold someone else responsible for their mistakes. I believe a company should give incentives to their employees. I do not believe that the people who could not even have the common sense to not purchase something they obviously cannot afford are capable of telling a bank how to operate. When you show me the bank that put a gun to your head and made you make a poor decision I will believe you.

Unless someone can acknowledge the basic things I've been saying all along, please to not expect me to make a response. Acknowledge what I am saying and I will gladly consider your opinions.

Wow, I asked a question, and you could not answer? I guess that in itself is an answer.

Let me ask you once more, maybe that will help you understand the question.

What is your idea of someone incapable of managing their money? Give me some examples, and I will let you know if I fit into that category. Otherwise you are just making assumptions.

On top of, how is my opinion that banks who need a bailout should NOT be giving out big bonuses, must therefore equal myself and others not being able to manage their money?

And I am going to add one, do you, or someone you know, have employment with banks? Is that why you think that banks, who need bailouts for bad decisions, deserve to be giving out bonuses?

Is anyone aware (not christian myself), but most of the USA seems to be, in Luke 16:11, "So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?" That, is the banking system right now.

Also, Exodus 22:25 “If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him.

And then Deuteronomy 24:10-13 “When you make your neighbor a loan of any sort, you shall not go into his house to collect his pledge. You shall stand outside, and the man to whom you make the loan shall bring the pledge out to you. And if he is a poor man, you shall not sleep in his pledge. You shall restore to him the pledge as the sun sets, that he may sleep in his cloak and bless you. And it shall be righteousness for you before the Lord your God.

So, our Christian "nation", is every single day sinning, because these banks are taking away people's homes and charging horrendous interest rates.

I wonder, how many Christians are even aware of this?

NO, banks who have taken bailouts should NOT give out bonuses at this time. If you were running a business, and were loosing money, you would not be giving bonuses to your employees, unless you have a bank getting bailouts.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I believe the average American consumer does not have enough knowledge or accountability to manage a large corporation's expenses.

Here we go one more time, I'll try to be explicit with this one.

I DO NOT THINK THAT THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THEMSELVES IN THIS POSITION SHOULD BE TELLING THE BANKS WHAT TO DO WITH MONEY. I even said it loud. see. That is what I am saying, what I have been saying and will be saying. You can dissect any little piece of what I've said to try and get another answer but this is the one you will get.

I just read your post again, what?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by etombo]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by amazed

I DO NOT THINK THAT THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THEMSELVES IN THIS POSITION SHOULD BE TELLING THE BANKS WHAT TO DO WITH MONEY.
[edit on 22-2-2009 by etombo]

And I asked you, more than once, to GIVE EXAMPLES, of what you mean when you say " people who put themselves in this position". What position would that be? Please give examples, and I will let you know if I fall into that category. Assumptions can be a "snip". I don't think I tried to dissect anything you said, I asked you a question, which you have been unable or unwilling to answer.

Give examples, that is really a very easy thing to do. As well as answer questions asked of you, which you refuse to do, and only say the same thing over and over.

So, again, NO banks should NOT be giving out bonuses. They made bad decisions in regards to the types of loans they were giving out.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm done talking about this.. I'm bored with you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join