It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does QM change Drake's Equation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Simple enough question. I'm curious as to what people think. Do things like Quantum Entaglement change the equation for any non-believers out there?

Seems to me that any group of civilized beings elsewhere in the Universe would only need say... MAYBE 100 years on us Scientifically speaking (and if they have a system that doesn't politicize science, but that's another story) and they would have a pretty good knowledge of things like teleportation. To me, that is just one example of limitless possibilities that could be used to turn the "distance between civilizations" on its head.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Provided that advances would result in quantum teleportation, would not a receiver need to be at the destination for the system to work? In the event that the distances between star systems is easily overcome by other means, QM teleportation might be moot.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Hi

Yes, I responded similarly to a thread yesterday. Have a look at my posts and you will see it.

MH

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Probably one of the biggest changes to Drake's Equation is the discovery of planets orbiting nearby stars. That is turning out to be quite common, and now with the discovery of a rocky planet (unlike the gas giants) at a nearby star, Earth type planets may be quite common too. The Equation would have to change to accommodate the new findings.

new topics

top topics

join