It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican party is full of hypocrites.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

That's a very good point.

But I think we need to do more. The issue to me is not about taxes, but, it's about getting people in government to realize that some laws they pass actually hurt business more than they help it.

Just how can we do that?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Being a progressive myself

I love how you guys label yourselves names that you catapult you above everyone else's opinions. Why, because progressive can only mean those who disagree are regressive! Its just like call yourself "forward thinking", because anyone who disagrees is backward thinking!

Nothing but words smiths who cant argue based on merits, so they use buzzwords as a distraction.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
The issue to me is not about taxes, but, it's about getting people in government to realize that some laws they pass actually hurt business more than they help it.

Just how can we do that?

By not voting for the same people over and over and over again. But as history shows people will complain about what the government is doing, re-elect the same people back into office, complain about what they are doing, re-elect them, rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

Complaining does nothing. Not voting for the same people over and over again, now that might actually change something.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

They're blaming Obama for lack of bipartisanship. They suggest that we need to change the stimulus bill. They say right things like that we need to increase spending on infrastructure. But, then they go onto cut education programs and they leave the other 99% of the bill unchanged. They call for $200 billion of the bill to be cut and then they ask for half of the bill to be diverted to tax cuts while ignoring the masses of other problems that face our economy. Republicans have stuck to their philosophy that tax cuts solve everything. I was hoping that Republicans could be more intelligent in coming up with a better solution than the ones the Democrats have which is pretty bad but their solution is even worse, and to top that off, they cut education and stuff for museums from the bill. Is that your idea of how to make the bill better? What about getting rid of all of that other pork? I really do think that at times that the Republican party is more hell bent on destroying our country than the Democratic party...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

You're obviously a bleeding Liberal that has nothing better to do than blame Republicans.

Of course I'm not saying Republicans are not at fault, however this stimulus bill will not solve anything except maybe make the economy worst. What we need is seperation of state and economy like we had seperation of state and church.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dankanight13

You really think that I'm a liberal?

I've said over and over in this thread and others that I'm a left leaning LIBERTARIAN.

I am just pointing out how when the Republicans criticize the Democrats fairly for their huge spending bill-- that they are offering little advice as to how to better it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by dankanight13

You really think that I'm a liberal?

I've said over and over in this thread and others that I'm a left leaning LIBERTARIAN.

I am just pointing out how when the Republicans criticize the Democrats fairly for their huge spending bill-- that they are offering little advice as to how to better it.

Okay, well I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize, and yes they are giving advice. I know atleast Ron Paul is giving the best advice and telling them to get rid of it so that the economy can regulate itself.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Im sorry but are you trying to at useful imput here? Or is this personal shots now? Do you have anything of relevance to add?

Actually yes I am progressive, I am liberal, I believe that government should be efficient, dont care about its size, I think there should be regulation and I think ultimatly investment in america saves me money as opposed to the rightwing tax cut ploy where I have to pay back years later and find Im having to pay for devestment in america.

Progressive or liberal has become a swearword on this forum and to be frank I stick my views, I dont follow the pack of "free mark NWO limbaugh Ron Paul!" folk here. Where do you stand?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join