It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican party is full of hypocrites.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
They're blaming Obama for lack of bipartisanship. They suggest that we need to change the stimulus bill. They say right things like that we need to increase spending on infrastructure. But, then they go onto cut education programs and they leave the other 99% of the bill unchanged. They call for $200 billion of the bill to be cut and then they ask for half of the bill to be diverted to tax cuts while ignoring the masses of other problems that face our economy. Republicans have stuck to their philosophy that tax cuts solve everything. I was hoping that Republicans could be more intelligent in coming up with a better solution than the ones the Democrats have which is pretty bad but their solution is even worse, and to top that off, they cut education and stuff for museums from the bill. Is that your idea of how to make the bill better? What about getting rid of all of that other pork? I really do think that at times that the Republican party is more hell bent on destroying our country than the Democratic party...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wait, just the republicans are hypocrites?!

The whole g-damm system is hypocritical.
This is not a one party thing. No need to sugar
coat it, just say you oppose the Republican
Party and here is why...

Democrats are full oh S too.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

First of all, you need to change your signature because it contradicts mosts of your posts.

Second, it was 3 Republicans in the Senate, not all Republicans.

Third, Republicans are hypocrites...huge ones, but so are democrats. You can keep buying into the partisan garbage. Continue to be fooled into thinking that either party has their best interests with the people of this country.

They are the same with only their agendas being different. Both have sent this country into a tailspin.

Neither party fully realizes what freedom is and neither fully govern by the very Constitution this country is based on.

This whole thing is pointless. We are screwed. There should be no stimulus package at all IMO. Go ahead and whine nitpick about it. That makes you just as bad as the Republicans you are complaining about.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
3 weak kneed liberal Republicans, who are a disgrace to their party, have betrayed the American people and are going to vote for this massive SPENDING bill.

0 Congressional Republicans and 3 Republican Senators.

This SPENDING Bill is all on the Democrats. This is Lord Obama's baby....He is this baby's daddy.

Even John McCain is voting against it, and we all know how much he loves to pander to Democrats. That should tell you right there how bad this SPENDING bill is.....

I can't wait until the 2010 mid-term elections...you think Clinton got creamed in 1994? Just wait....who is going to be the next Newt Gingrich?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I can't wait until the 2010 mid-term elections...you think Clinton got creamed in 1994? Just wait....who is going to be the next Newt Gingrich?

Yeah, it will bring great change to the country! Quit fooling yourself man! Republicans are just as bad if not worse than democrats.

With thinking like this we will never get out of the rut we are in. Just admit it...Republicans screwed up!

Demand accountability! Scrutinize them!

Cripes.

No wonder everything is going to hell.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I've grown past the partisanship. I just want to point this out because the alternative party isn't that much better than the Democratic party.

So who are we left with?

Both Democrats and Republicans are corrupt. So who do we go to after that?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Both Democrats and Republicans are corrupt. So who do we go to after that?

Honestly? There is no one to turn to. In reality there is, but without media attention public opinion cannot be swayed.

The public may be angry right now, but not angry enough to start scrutinizing their own party.

Most of the people in office aren't really "scared" of losing their jobs anyway. So many of them are too wealthy to feel threatened into voting for something that the public wants even though they may lose their jobs.

You need to watch these videos....
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 8-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
As a conservative, I would have to agree that a lot of "Republicans" are frauds. McCain himself isn't a conservative Republican.

I think Conservatives should re-start and create a Conservative Party. It will be harder to call yourself a Conservative, and be a liberal in disguise.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Being a progressive myself I am fully behind a stimulus package because as history shows, and as many top economists have stated, the only way to bring the economy out of a down turn is the "stimulate it" and by that they mean investing the country itself. Tax cuts are not an efficient way but they can play a role when implemented with the stimulus package, but definatly not on their own. Tax cuts themselves will go straight into paying off the debt, which will inturn leave further debt as a result of the tax cuts given and etc... its all confusing I know..

But yes I think there was some unneccessary pork in the stimulus bill, like sex education. We'r in an economic crises, we can look to that later on once we get this economy back on track, we need to focus on investing in infrastructure and public services in conjunction to some tax cuts. I well and truly believe that if this bill is to be successful, both liberals and conservatives have to be on ball, and as such a large fraction of the package is now tax cuts, pork such as sex ed. has been cut out and more than $100 billion of pork has been "shaved" shall I say.

There are obviously the few republicans who ofcourse are still making a hissyfit because, well they have to put on a show to their constituency that they are against the system... when they themselves voted and supported a war (over a trillion and $200 million a day to this day) and did not utter a word of criticism to their fellow conservative president. So yes, it is hypocrisy... but thats politics... and the dems were beyond themselves to think they can just put together the package without any republican support, especially the pork they stuck all over it... there needed to be a compromise.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

There is a "true conservative" party and its called the libertarian party. Ron Paul is the only true conservative left in the republican party. I dont agree with conservatism as an ideology that much, but I give all out respect for somebody who walks the talk, and to be frank, the only conservatives who walk the talk are libertarians.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That is possible, but it's only a name. A true conservative would abide ONLY to the constitution. Most do not. A true conservative would not force religion on others...but they do.

The principles that this country was based on have long since disappeared. Republicans no longer reflect these principles that they still claim to have.

IF it were true, the last 8 years would have reverted us back to those principles.

Look at where we are today? They took the whole country in the opposite direction.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

well they have to put on a show to their constituency that they are against the system... when they themselves voted and supported a war (over a trillion and $200 million a day to this day) and did not utter a word of criticism to their fellow conservative president.

You're right. Maybe they are waking up now. Real Conservatives don't actually have representation with Republicans or they wouldn't be supporting war at all.

It's weird how contradictory it is. The Republican party is lost. They don't even know who they are anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i am a republican and if you dont like me i dont care

i love being berrated belittled and bash because your scared that someone has a different viewpoint than you

i love that as a republican that all we have is rush and fox news to tell a different viewpoint than cnn,msnbc,abc,cbs. with news anchors that kiss the guys butt.

i love the fact that i dont worship obama

i love the fact that my party isnt supporting this bs "stimulus" bill

question everything accept nothing at face value and above all think for yourself

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
They're blaming Obama for lack of bipartisanship. They suggest that we need to change the stimulus bill. They say right things like that we need to increase spending on infrastructure. But, then they go onto cut education programs and they leave the other 99% of the bill unchanged. They call for $200 billion of the bill to be cut and then they ask for half of the bill to be diverted to tax cuts while ignoring the masses of other problems that face our economy. Republicans have stuck to their philosophy that tax cuts solve everything. I was hoping that Republicans could be more intelligent in coming up with a better solution than the ones the Democrats have which is pretty bad but their solution is even worse, and to top that off, they cut education and stuff for museums from the bill. Is that your idea of how to make the bill better? What about getting rid of all of that other pork? I really do think that at times that the Republican party is more hell bent on destroying our country than the Democratic party...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

Have you got a link to an article as to what it is you're talking about??? Or are you just ranting?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Have you been paying attention to the news at all?

They've been talking non stop 24-7 about how Democrats are spending big and Republicans just want tax cuts.

It just sounds like the same old Republican party "tax cut scheme". They boost the economy temporarily with tax cuts and then they avoid the larger problems... plus they've cut off some pretty good things from the bill in the names of tax cuts.

And if you think I just hate Republicans because of this thread, you're wrong, I hate both parties... I trust Obama more than I trust the Senate and Congressional Democrats and that's not saying much.

I think all of the politicians in office should be impeached right now for fraud...

Republicans aren't really helping by not being a good opposition party. Democrats are being big headed.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

Have you been paying attention to the news at all?

They've been talking non stop 24-7 about how Democrats are spending big and Republicans just want tax cuts.

It just sounds like the same old Republican party "tax cut scheme". They boost the economy temporarily with tax cuts and then they avoid the larger problems... plus they've cut off some pretty good things from the bill in the names of tax cuts.

And if you think I just hate Republicans because of this thread, you're wrong, I hate both parties... I trust Obama more than I trust the Senate and Congressional Democrats and that's not saying much.

I think all of the politicians in office should be impeached right now for fraud...

Republicans aren't really helping by not being a good opposition party. Democrats are being big headed.

You really need to organize your thoughts better.

You distrust ALL politicians EXCEPT for Obama. Name ONE THING he has done to justify your trust. He ran for PRESIDENT for a greatter length of time then he was IN NATIONAL OFFICE. THis is just creepy that you are this TRUSTING of a man with no record.

The REAGAN TAX CUTS generated more income to the government then any other time in history. This allowed for THE LONGEST PERIOD OF SUSTAINED ECONOMIC GROWTH IN U.S> HISTORY! Until the Bush tax cuts!

Give people their own money to work with. They know more then the government that you currently dispise and do not trust. You can't make people richer by making other poorer.

Cut the corporate tax to 12%. Eliminate the income tax and replace with a consumption tax.

We will need to put electrified fences up to keep people out.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

You really need to organize your thoughts better.

You distrust ALL politicians EXCEPT for Obama. Name ONE THING he has done to justify your trust. He ran for PRESIDENT for a greatter length of time then he was IN NATIONAL OFFICE. THis is just creepy that you are this TRUSTING of a man with no record.

No, it's not that I trust him, it's that I trust him more than the other people that are in power. At least he's done some good things (like sign the equal pay thing so that employers won't discriminate against people based on differences). He's going to close gitmo. He's also allowed stem-cell research... I like some of what he's done. It's not enough for me to trust him but it makes me trust him more than the other people in Washington since he's actually gotten a few things done. I never said I trusted him, but, that I trust him more than the other people in Washington, and, that's why. I'm still as critical as hell on some of the decisions he makes. I have been critical of his stimulus package... I'm giving Obama a chance before I dismiss him. That's all I'm doing. Like I gave Bush a chance, I'm giving Obama a chance as well.

The REAGAN TAX CUTS generated more income to the government then any other time in history. This allowed for THE LONGEST PERIOD OF SUSTAINED ECONOMIC GROWTH IN U.S> HISTORY! Until the Bush tax cuts!

All throughout those periods of economic growth they failed to curb the debt and curb credit expansion and thus prevent this economic collapse.

Give people their own money to work with. They know more then the government that you currently dispise and do not trust. You can't make people richer by making other poorer.

I never said that this isn't true. But, my point is that this is a stimulus bill that is supposed to help create jobs. I think that more of the money should be diverted to programs that would help create jobs. Tax cuts would help people buy more things which would in theory create employment, but, it's not the best idea they could come up with.

Cut the corporate tax to 12%. Eliminate the income tax and replace with a consumption tax.

I don't know how that would help.

We will need to put electrified fences up to keep people out.

You mean to keep illegal aliens out? As of right now our government supports them and pays for them with our own tax dollars...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by crmanager

I don't know how that would help.

And thus, Frankidealist displays his ignorance of basic economic theory and the effects of taxation.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Not ignorance.

I don't see how it would help.

What would it do? What would it change?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The US has the second higest Corporate tax rate IN THE WORLD. So why stay here? Why invest here? If you are in Michigan it is the HIGHEST tax rate in the world.

Business hires people. Business pays people.

If you over tax and over regulate business they can't stay in business, lay off employees and/or move to more receptive climates.

If you take 1 TRILLION out of the economy, out of businesses hands, you take away the ability to hire new employees.

The government is NOT in control of the economy. Business is. Strangle business then you strangle the economy. The government screws up EVERYTHING it touches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join