It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA warns Barack Obama that British terrorists are the biggest threat to the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Barack Obama has been warned by the CIA that British Islamist extremists are the greatest threat to US homeland security.

A British intelligence source revealed that a staggering four out of 10 CIA operations designed to thwart direct attacks on the US are now conducted against targets in Britain.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-2-2009 by sheepchronicles]

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is an interesting read; the re-routing of massive human assets and intelligence focus into the UK to make up for shortcomings in MI5 who cannot grow their human asset base fast enough (sounds familiar).

U.K. is on the Visa Waiver list so they can jump on the plane and usually get a 6-month stamp in for social visit. Although now I believe there is an online registration required 1 time for the first visit to the US from the visa waiver countries but virtually everyone gets an instant approval printed.

Interesting read .

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow makes sense actually. I must admit I would of never of thought UK but now that its brought up it does make sense. I mean we are lax here when it comes to UK visitors and with the huge influx of mid easterners there...hmmmm

BTW I like the name and avatar

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
'CIA warns Barack Obama that British terrorists are the biggest threat to the US
Barack Obama has been warned by the CIA that British Islamist extremists are the greatest threat to US homeland security. '

(quote from source link)
--

So does that the USA has an excuse to invade the UK now? Shall we expect cluster bombs any time soon?

You've covered Iraq, Afghanistan etc, (for some reason skipping Pakistan) and now we're the biggest threat to your homeland?

What about all those beheadings on your border? You know Mexico. Oh wait *cough* *cough*...

Now i don't know who to be more afraid of. The fanatical muslims, the rampaging hoodies/yobbo's/scallywags , the police state or secret CIA agents ready to whisk you off to Guantanamo.*

Sod this... I'm making myself a cup of tea.

*Actually that's food for thought, stick a few of the chavs in guantanamo, that might make them learn a few manners.

Anyhow, toodle pip.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If four out of ten cia agents are now in the uk, Where are they stationed.
Because myself i have seen nothing to resemble cia in scotland where im from and freinds and family would have said if they noticed anything unusual in england aswell .

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

well maybe that wasn`t actually a joke after all then

so when will the WP and cluster bombs start dropping then...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Damezthe2nd

Er i doubt that CIA agents wear uniforms or drive round in hummers with CIA painted down the sides.I tend to think they are more than capable of blending into the background.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
they won't invade, as such, UK
they will just force g. brown to have a martial law

what was that movie with Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson
they imposed martial law and put every arab looking dude in a barbed-wired prison camp?

in-house terroist threats is the best way to attain martial law isn't it?

Perhaps they are acting fast after the 'lords' said it's time to bring down big brother?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Mmmmmm.... so first the US get a little stroppy when we make the torture and rendition of people from, or through, the UK public and now we have a dangerous Islamic fundie issue.
I myself see shady Islamic Jihadists on every street corner trying to radicalise people every day when driving to work or to the shops. They are everywhere...we're all doomed...DOOMED I tells ya.

Seriously, the timing of this given recent developments makes this smell a little.

Also, the idea of agents of a foreign power being granted permission to carry out kidnappings and interrogations of suspects here in the UK should be a concern to everyone. It's bad enough that we have MI5/6 stooges running around armed, let alone foreigners, whilst us citizens have been disarmed....for our own good and safety of course.

The almost daily terrorist attacks should be a reminder to everyone in the UK of the danger we are facing. what's that? There are no weekly attacks?
But I thought we were overrun with evil Islamic fundies?

On any given day in the US there are bombings, suspect packages sent and received by a number of targets ranging from local government offices to members of congress etc. And these are all the work of nutjob (mainly white I suspect) good ol' boys, NOT Islamic terrorists. Where is the outrage and blanket media coverage of the homegrown terrorists who are carrying out these acts?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's logical to assume that British muslim terrorists pose the most threat to the US as British Muslims have easier access to America than any other terrorist group in the world.

I don't expect half you guys to understand this.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

I understand this
You are speaking of blowback

but you just don't want to title it as such

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There was a thread here on ATS that started I believe on Friday about a digital road sign flashing in Houston stating 'The British are Invading'. Some one hacked into the system evedently.

The article referenced on this thread is dated 2/7........

This makes the road sign event more interesting..

I did not go looking for the thread.......but it was started on Thursday or Friday.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

So does that the USA has an excuse to invade the UK now?

Hopefully, that's the only way were gonna get Stalin Brown and his sycophants out of power before they destroy what little we have have left of out country by the looks of it

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I've half expected this over the past week, since the warnings over revealing details of the British Muslim who was allegedly tortured by MI5 or MI6.

The way I see it is, if the Visa waiver is a problem, then drop it, we can do the same at our end, and then lets everyone allow this crap to be blown out of all proportion.

A quick lesson, everyone has known for years, we have a bunch of weirdo's screaming hatred in the UK, Hamza the mad cleric was one if I remember right,

But see we have this thing were people can say whatever they like, it's called freedom of speech, something America has always prided itself on? don't get me wrong, if the law was different I would be the first there with a problem I would be wanting to fix if you catch my drift? I despise these people as much as the next guy, if not more, but it certainly is not an excuse for the CIA to be running ops in the UK, that disturbs me more.

Who do these people think they are? they have zero right carrying out op's in any country, our secret services have done a fantastic job securing our safety, and without illegal bases all over the place to lock them away without trial, or access to legal representation?.

The American Government are aware of every single person heading to America, before they even leave Britain, so using the Visa waiver as an excuse is just a joke, if they didn't want these people there, then I promise you they wouldn't even get through the Airport at our end.

What you see here is the start of a selection process IMO, were they decide who comes and who doesn't, nothing to do with terrorists, I just don't understand why they act so tough, but yet run scared when it gets hard, it reminds me of the time when Sylvester Stallone refused to come to Britain because the IRA had a campaign running at the time, he became the butt of a lot of jokes, Rambo scared of a few Irish extremists, that was sooooo funny

So before you go off on one about us Brits, I want you to remember something.

Some of us remember the fund raising events that took place on America's East coast, NY, Washington, Philadelphia, to name a few, fund raising events in support of the IRA, so they could buy weapons ETC, where was America then? when British people were dying because of the IRA? why didn't we have the CIA here then? fighting against terrorists? a load of BS is what it is, or as it suits them so to speak.

So before you class us Brits as terrorists, remember who your referring too, we have put up with this crap for many decades more than the Americans have, and even after all that, we were still first in line to help, when it was your turn to face the terror first hand.

Another thing, think back to when Bush declared war on all terrorists worldwide, remember how fast the IRA decided to put down their arms? it was like a Monty Python sketch, where everyone put their heads down and walked away scratching as if nobody would notice, well a lot of us did, especially those of us who had family fighting them in County Omah, when the cowards were hiding behind fake smiles, while plotting to plant their bombs to prove a point, and using snipers to take out innocent squaddies, who were there originally to protect those who eventually turned against them.

You would think the way the CIA was acting, that they had never heard of a terrorist before, what a bloody joke.

To the above poster, yeah cup of tea sounds good about now

No difference really is there? it's a lot better now than it was then believe me.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
It's logical to assume that British muslim terrorists pose the most threat to the US as British Muslims have easier access to America than any other terrorist group in the world.

I don't expect half you guys to understand this.

you hit the nail on the head here.

British citizens are probably not a sthroughly checked when arriving in the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It was called the Siege, and it was Bruce Willis, and Denzel Washington, Marshal Law in the UK? LMAO, never going to happen because of this, even Hitler couldn't upset the British people, and he sent millions of tons of crap our way.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is just F***ing great! The CIA cowboys running around good ole Blighty on a terrorist hunt. It really make me feel so warm, fuzzy and safe (sic).

I think its time we turned away from our 'so-called' special relationship status if this is what our so-called best ally is up to. Friends do not spy on other friends.

[edit on 8/2/09 by Wotan]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This stoking of problems in the UK by the US mainly extends from four factors. They are;

- due to the large numbers of British Asians, Africans and Arab Muslims
who have never hidden their displeasure of the fraudulent War on Terror.

- US policy makers are startled and shocked by the politicised and well
informed British population in comparison to the equivalent US cohort and
assume that the UK population has a potential for radicalism.

- The UK is largely a free society that exercises democracy without
conformity and compliance imposed by a violent police force, vested
quasi-political groups like lobbies and a politicised industrial military
complex.

- The existence of a loquacious and educated ethnic minority that are
prepared to mobilise in a political manner to the horror of white middled
aged men in the US power structure observing the dynamics in the UK.

Despite hype and propaganda in the UK, the vast majority of people did not believe the misinformation provided by MSN. The UK had already been subjected to decades of real bombing by the IRA often on a weekly basis for several months at a time with dozens of people dying. For the three serious attacks we had since 9/11, two of which were utter and incompetent failures and the one horrific success had all the hallmarks of a false flag operation.

Of the thousands of Asian men rounded up by the security services under great fanfare, five were detained under other unrelated matters such as unpaid fines and the possession of stolen goods. The likes of Abu Hamsa, with his grotesque hook was bandied about on the television and papers and was dealt with for making inciteful speeches after months of almost racist rancour.

[edit on 092828p://am2852 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Friends do not spy on other friends.

Oh yes they do, for one to get around the clause of not being able to spy on their own citizens (without complaints), and that's just for breakfast. I won't even go into what constitutes lunch and dinner.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This reminds me of the kidnapping episode of South Park.

First your kids aren't safe outside (Middle East)
Then your kids aren't safe with anyone outside of the family (UK)
Then your kids aren't safe with you (US)

Let's hope they have enough mercy left to exile us and let us go live with the Mongolians before they build the city wall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join