It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

worst fires in australias history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
sorry, just realised this has been posted. feel free to delete!!

news.bbc.co.uk...

hats off to the firefighters.

temperatures of 47 degrees are scorching the state of victoria with their worst ever fires. whole towns destroyed.

its even very hot here in new zealand for the time of year. we have had days up into the 40's even now in february.

it seems things are heating up to some degree this year.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
About 50 houses are lost in my home town Bendigo.

not sure what to say for second line.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
arsonists to blame as well. unbelievable that people can be so mindless to cause such wreckage to people, property and the environment. no punishment would be harsh enough for these brainless idiots

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I love the general theme that is coming out of Australians in this time of need... the murderous cries of "these people should be killed for lighting these fires!", really show Australia's true colours!

It is certainly the worst FIRE day in Australia's history but as for the worst day, HARDLY!
Lest We Forget the 5533 diggers who bravely gave their lives for freedom in the Battle of Fromelle on 19th July 1916.

You know what else tingles my spider senses... the (aphid)News media propaganda in Australia was saying the day BEFORE the fires, that it was going to be "The worst day in Australian history". I smell an aphid-y conspiracy.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by nrky]

top topics

join