It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the want of money is the root of all evil!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Thankyou for your thoughtful reply we are certainly on the same page
Christ showed his feelings toward the money lenders when he turned their tables and cast them out of the temple, modern Christians must strive to do the same, the banks are the modern lenders in the temples they will have power over us for as long as we are addicted to their drug MONEY
We must learn to live without money and the only way I can see this happening is through mutual help common understanding and CHARITY the most important gift a person can have given from the Holy Spirit

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

yes i have read the KJV and although the Knox has different wording in this case i would agree with KJV just the same "want" and "love" in this teaching

Aquinas believed that humanity was created solely to LOVE and to solely LOVE GOD so when a person turns the reason for his/her creation toward something vein, artificial and worthless, so much more is the pain and sadness to God for his beloved creation in human kind would find the vein more worthy then his very creator
Just as WANT I would reason the above

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

"But if you want our government to work on charity, you are going to have to force people to be charitable, because many people will not go along with it."

I don’t want to establish a government, I want to establish a network of Charitable communities based on skills and resource trading, the current structure will have to remain I concede but we can change it for the better by undermining the powers that seek to enslave us and this is the only practical way I can envision, no need for revolution and control seeking this is all a form of greed, I don’t want an oligarchy of a few I want a government of community help, to fortify us against the global control freaks
If you have a better idea air it and maybe we can agree on something
Or maybe you want global enslavement?

"Money doesn't turn us against each other... where do you get that?
Greed, jealousy, and hatred turn us against each other. These emotions are in play with or without money."

You have inadvertently agreed with Paul’s quote and I agree with you on this point
But if we wish to be truly free of greed we must be rid of the most effective tool there is to spread it MONEY
The future government of this world will not be capitalistic it will not be free, you may be fooled to think so, bail out after bail out proves that the "free world" is already addicted and enslaved to the NWO candy
but even now if your government wanted your house and property your wife and children, do you think you can stop them?

MONEY is not the incentive to be secure and well off it’s the incentive they use to make you their slave and if have a greater ability to gain it eventually you will become just like them and seek the enslavement of your fellow man, and this pleases the elite more then anything, you become a foot soldier

I would rather discard this enticement and seek a better way I want to live in a world where by helping my neighbors and they helping me we can develop a better community
I am an electro refrigeration technician I can give you electricity in many ways and cooling or heating, and I would gladly do so, if you lived within my community
I have helped family and friends and thoses that my connections ask me to and I never ask for payment but I never knock back a beer if offered
Oh yeah I brew aswell... what could you offer me?? Or maybe you’re a financial advisor… not much use for that in my world..or yours anymore I see

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notroh est
reply to post by XXXN3O

yes i have read the KJV and although the Knox has different wording in this case i would agree with KJV just the same "want" and "love" in this teaching

Different wording? Look, either it is a direct quote from the Bible or it isn't. It's bad enough the inherent error of 2 to 5% each translation detracts from the original. Want and Love are not the same. The word "love" was used with precision. Do you .... want your fellow man? Or, love your fellow man?
Want = desire. Not a bad thing. Desire provides incentive.
Love = Intense Emotional Attachment. Not so good if directed towards currency while forsaking all else.
The writings of Timothy are contextual. The point, or moral is to be righteous, God fearing, avoid the temptation of greed and hold your fellow man in high regard.
He also wrote: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. - Timothy 2:12
My Italian Mother would take serious issue with that statement.
A chauvinist, ole Timothy was. Seems a bit archaic reading that, huh?

Now, as to your ideal society:
I wish it was so!
I also am skilled in electrics, HVAC and plumbing - as well as mechanical engineering and carpentry. In a barter-based economy I would thrive. I hope you mean barter to be synonymous with charity. If you really think an economy based on the charity of others would thrive, even if communally .... A very noble idea, yes. But ... well, I promised myself to be open-minded and avoid derogatory comments when I joined this place ... so, I'll say many ducks would have to line up in a long row ... and human nature must undergo a radical change from the current mindset ... but anything and everything is possible.
Of course you know for that to even become a remote possibility the global economy has to suffer a sudden and catastrophic collapse. AND the public must maintain little or no 'confidence' of its return. Then, 'paper money' printed by Sovereign Nations will have no value save the BTU's given off when burned.
But, bear in mind ... Sooner or later, there will be some other form of 'currency' to take its place -First, because not everyone has a useful skill to share. And, people will always "want". Either out of need (i.e. food, clothing, shelter) or to raise the comforts of their living conditions ... or to adorn themselves. Um ... Sort of ... where we started from in the first place, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

I'm afraid you're the one who is misposting here. "This new AboveTopSecret.com forum is for the discussion of a wide range of non-religous topics: Consciousness, Mind, Epistemology, Psychology, Philosophy, Metaphysics, Self-Empowerment, Knowledge and also fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation. All in all this will be an \"intellectual & philosophical cafe\" with a focus on everything from mental relaxing and non-religious personal balance, to conspiracies and speculation related to influencing the mind." The OP is doing just fine.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

We have lots of hands on the planet to make light work of whatever needs be done, be it farming, building, nursing, teaching or whatever manner of husbandry that requires doing. We have so many people that we would still have lots of time to give our friends and family - and still enough left over to give to those who have no one else, not to mention just anyone who crosses our path on any given day. It wouldn't take long for us all to be in good shape spiritually, mentally and physically. Imagine it and so it will be. Create the intent (cause) and the love will follow (effect).

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If i must choose between KJV and Knox i go Knox every time but if i were a true biblical scholar i'd be quoting in Greek or Hebrew
but im pretty sure the meaning of the passage is obvious no matter which word want or love, it is the same when man turns his heart toward something that is not good or true, but worldly and false
Money is no longer the means by which to honestly trade skills or commodities as it once was, its value is now manipulated to benefit the few, its value system is distorted (a tradesman may earn 70g a year by being very productive doing hard manual labor with skills and technology, a financial planner may earn in excess of 700g a year with out breaking a sweat and produces nothing productive or of true value to humanity)
MONEY has become the tool by which to enslave us all

Although my ideal society i accept is radical and hard to imagine i am still a realist as yourself im not going to stop working and stop paying taxes but I can still set up a currency free network of mutual help and understanding
When I say CHARITY as currency I mean to say it must be given if we are to teach an apprentice skills and knowledge or help the elderly, they can return little but by example and charity the greater good of the society would benefit and its human wealth would gain
in our modern money based society the elderly are sent off to die camps and the young are incapable of training due to their worship of money and those that have it and the ways in which to get it, they don’t care for any authority but MONEY
(Generalisation of course)

you might say
"The world is thus, so thus i am."
But i would rather say
"Thus i am, so thus the world is"
if we envisage it and then act we could say the later and be proud of what we see in this world instead of ashamed

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Excellent post.

Im seeing the evils more and more in this world and how trully greedy people have become. Which is another reason for this economic collapse besides it being a controlled collapse as America has the most Gold in the world to back it up.

Pharmaceuticals are becoming greedy and evil, monsanto is trying to own nature, bankers always want their money. But most of all they love Power. The genocide is done purposely. Too much is suppressed by the people, reeducating the people to believe and trust in them so they get away with alot.

Its vile, its sick, its disgusting, its becoming known and it has to stop.

I would love to follow your suit.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that this world could be lived without money and we all could have more than we have right now. Think about all the people who make money by collecting money and storing money and managing things around money. The only reason the money system is going to be held is because the government has you working for them. But, if the government won't work for us why should we work for the government.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

Sometimes I look around street corners and just feel dirty all over. Those green pieces of paper are funny things aren't they. Not only are they useless slices with no intrinsic value that fold nicely into one's pocket but they magically create a universal motive.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

"If wanting money is evil then we must be living in Hell.
Damned souls as far as the eyes can see..."

lol, yes. Jesus went to heaven then came back to earth. I don't know how he did it. Talk about a sacrifice.

Anyone see the Assassination of Jesse James:

"I’ll tell you one thing that’s certain; you won’t fight dying once you’ve peeked over to the other side; you’ll no more want to go back to your body than you’d want to spoon up your own puke."

[edit on 4-3-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

"the want of money is the root of all evil"
Timothy 6:10

Timothy was wrong. Inordinate pride is the root of all evil.
It's what caused the fall of Satan. It's at the root of all our sins.

Sorry Timmy .. you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

communalism should be our form of government
Charity our currency

Citizen .. I suggest that you read 'we the living'.
It is very well written and very enlightening, citizen.

Mediocrity hates success and that is what communalism
always comes to. People have to dull down their hopes
and dreams. They can't live to their fullest. It's death
to the human spirit.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I thought the impossibility to actively live with compassion, humility, forgiveness, and sacrifice was the root of sin.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"Mediocrity hates success and that is what communalism
always comes to. People have to dull down their hopes
and dreams. They can't live to their fullest. It's death
to the human spirit."

Are you talking about communalism or the mind of a corporate executive?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes, the 'want' of money is the root of all evil. Personally, I would rather 'want' love, hugs and kisses 24/7. But who has that kind of stamina and endurance to keep up with these intangible 'assets'?

But during these times of dire economic situations, the 'need' of money is essential to help pay the bills (i.e. put food on the table, clothes the naked human form and shelter thereof, too). I'm afraid the 'need' of money is in the form of DEBT SLAVERY, which is evil, of course.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
I thought the impossibility to actively live with compassion, humility, forgiveness, and sacrifice was the root of sin.

And what is the root reason for those not being accepted?
Inordinate pride.
The want of money is not the root of evil.
It's inordinate self love. It's inordinate pride.
(as opposed to ordered pride which is necessary for survival)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join