It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crystals - how to programme amethyst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
hi there, not sure which forum to post this in so sorry if its in the wrong spot!!

i have just purchased my first crystal which is a round piece of amethyst. Does anyone know a good techniqe for cleansing and programming and what exaclty should i use this for.

i was hoping to use it for meditation and dream purposes. does anyone have experience with this and have any stories to tell?

thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
hi there
while not an expert, i have several dozen crystals and some experience

first... clean out all the energy from said crystal... using salty water works best, i use sea salt and water, and then, well, wash the crystal, as i do this, i just think of the energy being released, and then, after this, i will sometimes wait for a full moon, or, if close to, i will place in my rock garden, and then, if i really want to, i will hold it quite tightly in between both palms and kinda like visually (thinking all this) connecting or even saying, this crystal is now part of me in my journey here, or something like this, make it your own is the point...

with amythyst, there are some uses better suited for each crystal...

here is a link to a google result page, there are many ways to both clean, and use, or, 'program' crystals, or rocks as some refer to them as...

b

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
thanks for that. its a full moon tomorrow so will give it a moonbath. thanks!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ever read about “orgonits”? Well I’m no expert on that, but I read they can provide some kind of really strong protection/healing “field”. But again, I don't have one myself, so I can't tell whether it works.

www.orgonite.info...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Amethysts are one of my favorite gemstones, what special characteristics does it supposedly have? Can anyone share this?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The book I have (Healing Power of Crystals) says that amethysts are good for "removing skin blemishes, tumors, keeping skin soft, preventing drunkeness, treatment of migraines, increasing concentration and memory, soothing insect bites and decreasing swelling."

Seems like an awfully tall order for one rock but, there you have it.

It also says that amethysts should be cleansed once a month under warm running water (doesn't say how long), then left overnight with dry hematite stones and to keep out of sunlight.

Hope that answers your question to your satisfaction.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
thanks whitewave. very handy info. wish i had this crystal a few weeks ago as i had a couple of mosquito bites that swelled up !!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

It's a really good healing stone and is typically recommended for people who want to work on meditation skills and opening the third eye.

For everyone else, amethyst isn't hard to program or cleanse. It's the same as quartz, I recommend the visualization technique as per usual if you want to do it yourself.

I wouldn't leave it with hematite. Maybe onyx. I would put it near a nice piece of wood and light some sage if you want to get it really clean, but you could do it yourself with visualization.

The Native Americans actually used Amethyst as a dreamcatcher. It's generally put under pillows to "catch" the bad dreams. Works pretty well, actually.

I used to tell the dreamcatcher thing to kids when I taught classes about crystals. It also comes from volcanos, is found in different places around the world and some, like India, produce amethyst that is more blue-purple. It can be almost black or really really light (sometimes it's confused for regular clear quartz). It typically has some inclusions when you have a rough piece. And sometimes citrine (yellow/orange quartz) is found in the same exact piece as amethyst, and it's called ametrine.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The Jewish high priest wore a vest with 12 stones that repersent the 12

tribes of Israel .Any power that came from 12 stones would give you all

kinds of mystic power.

Just a thought ,may be you guys can explain it better than I.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

anything about the 12 crystals the jewish priests wore

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I like Amethyst as well, and have a few. I hang my crystal in a window in the west, where the setting sun shines on it to clean it, and in the
East where the rising sun shines on it to charge it. I don't know if this is the correct way, its just what I do.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I have some crystals... quartz... all white foggy except for one clear smokey one, their nice for decoration but I don't 'feel their vibes' as some lady claimed, how do you activate their power? do they even have power? one interesting thing I noticed, I bought around 10 large white foggy quartz crystals and they were shipped here from the other side of the world next to magnets, and the crystals had magnetic properties with eachother, I was surprised but I guess anything can be magnetized.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Hi there, an easy way to programme crystals is to meditate with it. After your chosen method of cleansing (I prefer to bathe the crystal in morning sunlight for an hour or two) hold the crystal in your hand, close your eyes and send your intention into the crystal. For example, if you wish for your amethyst to calm you and bring you sound sleep, focus on that thought and project your intention into the crystal.

I have been drawn to crystals since a young age and have managed to surround myself with quite a large collection. One of the most powerful crystals I have is a large piece of Indian apophyllite - which I have found to enhance my astral travel experiences.

I also have some rare pieces of moldavite and phenakite. Both have quite a high and fine vibration.

I wish you well with your amethyst and I hope you will try other stones as well.

Kind regards

Dobbie

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join