It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Chord & The Triangle Harp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Just came up with this Triangle Harp & Lost Chord theory today, if anyone has any images of triangle harps it would be appreciated.

For searching purposes I will post the text I wrote on the image which are my words.

According to legend, 'Om, Om, Om' while meditating was originally an attempt to find the lost chord, the lost chord is supposedly the vibration of the universe itself, finding it would help one reach enlightenment.

If the lost chord exists, perhaps we are only missing a note or combination of notes. The image to the left is an ancient Egyptian depiction of a blind harp player. Did the Egyptians know the secret of the lost chord?

According to Pfeiffer, "The harp was the favorite instrument of the Egyptians". Why don't we see triangle shaped harps today? If the Egyptian pyramids hold a mystery perhaps it can only be unlocked through the use of these triangle harps.

--- John Razimus

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is interesting....hmmm....reminds me of something called The Devil's chord that was banned by the Roman Catholic Church years ago...Could the 2 possibly be linked?? I'm definitely checking this out!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

Cool, never heard of a chord being banned by the catholic church, wonder why they'd do that, simply because it was named 'the devil's chord ' ?
I do vaguely remember a guitar teacher saying something about the chord from hell because it was so difficult to hold, maybe it's the same?

I assume few people here are familliar with the lost chord due to the search I did before posting this, and I'm surprised since a lot of people here seem to talk about meditation a lot. Maybe you don't need to know anything about the lost chord, maybe it's symbolic and not literal, and has to do with a personal harmony within your soul, from what I have read about it, it sounded like it was a repeatable chord from an instrument or voice.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
If the lost chord exists, perhaps we are only missing a note or combination of notes. The image to the left is an ancient Egyptian depiction of a blind harp player. Did the Egyptians know the secret of the lost chord?

You can replicate the harp for yourself. You can try to achieve the chord and use the same type of materials for yourself.

[According to Pfeiffer, "The harp was the favorite instrument of the Egyptians". Why don't we see triangle shaped harps today?

Lousy sounding board technology. They're not very loud.

If the Egyptian pyramids hold a mystery perhaps it can only be unlocked through the use of these triangle harps.

Pyramid shapes make very poor harps. They have a variety of different angles (nothing consistent) and it takes a lot of monkeying with string placement to get a set of chords that sounds nice.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have heard before that the chord that is supposed to symbolize the earth is the F# (F sharp) chord.

There were acoustic experiments done inside the King's chamber in the pyramids to test the theory that the pyramids had a sonic purpose. I believe they found a few that were very resonant inside the shape and materials of the pyramid itself.

I'll try to find some info on this.

Edited to add link:

Four Fundamental Frequencies

If you are not familiar with music theory most of the specifics will sound like a foreign language but it is interesting nonetheless.

For those who know their music theory or have an interest in it, the findings in the article provide some very good food for thought!

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Zachman225]

new topics

top topics

join