It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

psst..The Last Supper. can you identify the mystery? the deception?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Mary Magdalene and John are both interchangeable allegorical figures for the "beloved disciple". John is depicted as androgynous because he represents the Perfected Initiate, who was meant to "make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female" (Thomas 22).

20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? 21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? 22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

John represents the esoteric tradition, which split from the exoteric (Petrine) church. The "child" is the Gnosis.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
reply to post by justamomma

If you mean the Mary Magdeline part of it, I think you need to remember where it was done and also the period it was done in. The Church would have been outraged if she was painted into it because of who she was, it would also mean there would be a missing apostle so i doubt da vinci painted her into it. As for the glass of wine on the table, it looks to be made of glass, the time period it is depicting is too early for glass cups.

I wish a photo of the origional existed just to know for sure. Otherwise it is just speculation with too many contradictions.

If the four pop gospels and writings of Paul, James and Peter were a painting, the the top teachers of Jesus message were painted out. Those three were Mary "Magdeline", Thomas, and Stephen [stoned with the help of Paul].

These were disenfranched by the "establishment" established by * association* with Jesus. People are unaware of how the earliest group of those around Jesus were not in full agreement. Mainly it revolved around what is the meaning of the resurrection...what is the ultimate destination.

Anyone who desires to stop at a glorified body to be resurrected and live in the world in any way settles for an escatology rooted in the school of Pharisee, of which Paul was a student. Those who aspire to Christhood aspire to "spirit and truth" wanting no limitations, and therefore needing no bodies. Bodies, glorified or not, are a continuation of the theme of differences, separation, and special status. This cannot ever be included within the Kingdom of God. Rather, it opposes the Kingdom, and establishes another kind of kingdom, based on rank and heirarchy. This is the basis of hell, not Heaven.

The earliest teachers of Jesus' legacy were divided along these lines. One promotes a gospel of guilt, the other the true gospel of innocence. The gospel of guilt requires sacrifice for sins, so-to-speak. The gospel of innocence calls for mercy, and the end of sacrifice.

Christ!

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: justamomma

that they had a hog roast ?

<< 1  2   >>

join