It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey probes Israel 'war crimes' in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Turkish prosecutor launches probe into whether Israel committed genocide against humanity in Gaza.

ANKARA - A Turkish prosecutor has launched an investigation into whether Israel committed genocide and crimes against humanity in its offensive in Gaza, his office said Friday. The investigation follows a complaint lodged by the human rights association Mazlum-Der against several Israeli officials, including President Shimon Peres, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, Defence Minister Ehud Barak and army chief of staff Gabi Ashkenazi.

www.middle-east-online.com...

This is no laughing matter. If Turkey gets into their minds to round up Israeli war criminals, they will do it and jurisdictional issues will not concern them.

Turkey has hunted down wanted people before including Abdullah Ocalan, the leader of the Kurdish separatists.

Is this the fate awaiting Israelis involved in the massacre of Palestinians?

[edit on 062828p://pm2813 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Let's hope so, I've always hated the Israeli Zionist regime and people always forget that Turkey isn't a pushover, they just prefer to chill out.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe they should probe the Armenian Genocide, something that they still do not admit to till this day.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Even though I was and I still am against the war in Gaza, Turkey is no innocent. As the previous poster mentioned, the Armenian Genocide is not even recognized, and Cyprus is still under occupation...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
Maybe they should probe the Armenian Genocide, something that they still do not admit to till this day.

Do you think the Armenian Genocide is a worthy subject to investigate. I do and think it is also important to include the personalities that conducted the atrocities and why AIPAC fought very hard to stop the US government from passing the necessary laws declaring it as a genocide.

I give you a couple of days to post a thread or I will.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

By all means if you know something than post the thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

Off topic: your signature is interesting. Is it the turkish writer, Abdullah Cevdet or someone else?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Is this the fate awaiting Israelis involved in the massacre of Palestinians?

What massacre of Palestinians? Had Israel wanted to enact genocide against the Palestinians, there would be no Palestinians. From everything I have read of the conflict, Israel breaks its back not to indiscriminately kill civilians, unlike Hamas.
Have the Turkish authorities gone after Hamas for using human shields?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Who made Turkey the world leader to decide who is guilty and who is not?

If Turkey wants to go after Israelis, tell them to declare war. I am sure Israel will more than be willing to accept.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Yes it is him.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Perhaps someone should remind Turkey of their treatment of the Kurds...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Perhaps someone should remind Turkey of their treatment of the Kurds...

They have been reminded of them by the EU and the presence of mossad and the IDF amongst the PKK and Peshmergars.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

If Turkey wants to go after Israelis, tell them to declare war. I am sure Israel will more than be willing to accept.

Sorry but, this statement shows how far you are from actual politics in ME.
1) They are strategically allies since many many years.
2) Turkey will never ever declare a war to Israel. Actually, Jewish establishment is too strong within Turkey.
3) Even after Davos incident, there was no single reaction (except some weak articles in journals) from Israel to Turkish Authorities. This shows, how Israel can not put Turkey against itself.
4) Israel will more than be willing to accept??? Do you know how strong and experienced Turkish Army is? Turkey would never attack, but if Israel attacks, this means their end.
5) Anyway, both country needs each other in that region.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
This is no laughing matter. If Turkey gets into their minds to round up Israeli war criminals, they will do it and jurisdictional issues will not concern them.

That is damn straight, those Turks are a tough and determined breed that should be respected. They are good to have on your side.. so if Israel has pissed them off, there will be consequences. Also the fact that Turkey is on either side of the fence in regards its friendship to the USofA means they are not afraid to go head to head with Israel.

If Turkey wants to go after Israelis, tell them to declare war. I am sure Israel will more than be willing to accept

Ah yes, the good old "lets have a war over it" frame of mind. Someday you should visit a hot warzone, see how quick you would be to call for one after a brief stay there.

An all out war is highly unlikely as it would end in a complete mess, Israel could let loose a Nuke or two seeing as they would be completely swamped by the powerful Turkish forces... then all hell would break lose in the region.

Vis A Vis USA!!

Sorry man but you cant actually say that in ernest being from the States. It just doesn't sound right..

[edit on 9/2/09 by Dermo]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Who gives Israel the right to take land where ever they want?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
there are lots of war crimes commited these days..

sooner or later someone is going to pay for their sins...

there better be someone with a whole lot of cash !!

new topics

top topics

join