It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy accuses Gordon Brown of ruining British economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

French President Nicolas Sarkozy accuses Gordon Brown of ruining British economy

www.telegraph.co.uk

"The reason is simple: because it's in people's heads. If the consumer no longer consumes, he won't change just because we add or subtract one VAT point, it's because he's scared for his future, he's scared for his job and says to himself: 'I must save, because bad times are coming'.

"In France, we chose investment because when we put France into debt by taking money to invest, in return we have assets, infrastructure. When you put your country into debt to pay for operating costs, you have nothing in return for your debt and you ruin the country.

"If the English did that it's because they don't have any industry left. Gordon Brown cannot do what I am doing with carmakers [giving them up to 6 billion euros]... in construction and other industries, because they haven't got any left."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I personally dont like mr Sarkozy but I have to admit that he knows what he is doing. He revealed to all how the british economy is in deeper trouble than we would like to think, as there arent many industries left. The road to economic recovery may not be an easy ride and Brown is certainly not the kind of leader that will succeed.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join