It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

I know there are a few threads about this and that the source, at least in my opinion, is a bit questionable at times....but this is a well written article and worth the read.....

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Michigan is one of these states? I can't believe that. Gonna have to look for more info on this. (I'm from Michigan)

It's tough to believe because Michigan is the nation's leader in unemployment at 10.6 percent.

I thought they'd be the second in line for more government money (behind California).

Will have to follow this.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am also from Michigan and believe it or not we really are on there. It is not very giving, but it is real. LINK HERE

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Okay so I wanted to pull some quotes into this article because this deserves some notability. 20 states saying get the Federal Government out of our pockets and restore power back to the state and local govt.

So far, eight states have introduced resolutions declaring state sovereignty under the Ninth and Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, including Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma and Washington. Analysts expect that in addition, another 20 states may see similar measures introduced this year, including Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, Maine and Pennsylvania.

Further down in the article...

Republican state Rep. Judy Burges, the primary sponsor of the sovereignty resolution in the Arizona House, told WND the federal government "has been trouncing on our constitutional rights."

"The real turning point for me was the Real ID act, which involved both a violation of the Fourth Amendments rights against the illegal searches and seizures and the Tenth Amendment," she said.

Burges told WND she is concerned that the overreaching of federal powers could lead to new legislation aimed at confiscating weapons from citizens or encoding ammunition.

"The Real ID Act was so broadly written that we are afraid that it involves the potential for "mission-creep," that could easily involve confiscation of firearms and violations of the Second Amendment," she said.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by jcheney]

new topics

top topics

join