It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any Secret Societies that actually try to help society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My question is if there are any societies that are actually hidden for the reason of hiding from the societies which are trying to take over the world by economics, military power, etc? Do these societies want to help the people instead of themselves to power? Instead of ATS lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well that's a little difficult to answer since your asking if there are any "secret" societies that we "know" of that help us out.

The simple answer would be no, because secret societies and just that...secret.

IMO i think that yes there is most likely some organization of human and or alien that are attempting to thwart the progress of the NWO, but IMO they have far less influence then the TPTB.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I guess if you want to get technical, the free masons are a "secret" society and they are known for their charitable efforts. as for ANTI-NWo....

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spektral

One group that not only had good intentions, but influenced others to begin thier own revolutions as well as form other socities...

Italian Carbonari

Carbonari

Not too mention they tried to infiltrate the Catholic church in an attempt to take it over or at the very least infcluence its ideals...this in of itself makes them stand out IMO...

Alta Vendita

rrmmag ited!

content edit

[edit on 2/7/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I believe the Knights Templar were very noble and based their cause on helping. However it seems they may have evolved in to something different... if they exist at all nowadays.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

They had noble intentions, but were exempt from all taxes and law, basically. Not cool.

Some Masonic Lodges give out scholarships. That's pretty awesome, IMO. We need more of those things.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My theory is that if it is good there is little need to make it secret. Nothing positive really comes of secrecy. Even new technology that helps mankind is only kept secret because people want IP rights. And IP rights promote artificial scarcity and increased cost. So even good things get tainted by secrecy.

So no, if it's secret it's in the dark, and if it's in the dark, it will tend to be bad, a negative energy, counter productive. This duality I believe comes from the very physics of nature, which is a fractal structure stemming from duality: night and day, good and bad, up and down, etc, every concept being defined by it's relation to it's opposite. The opposite of secrecy is openness. One is negative, the other is positive. In the big picture it's as simple as that. Sure, at a very small scale there might be localised advantages in secrecy, but once you see the big picture you realise secrecy is inherently negative. So even if there are secret societies that claim to help mankind, their very secrecy will end up hurting mankind instead, because they perpetuate a counterproductive dynamic.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

I do anonymous good things all the time. Personally, I'd get ticked off if anyone found out about it.

I do good things, to, which are out in the public. But I've found that for a lot of people, random acts of charity or good, with no obvious cause do more good than obvious acts.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Many Masonic organizations now refuse to describe themselves as secret societies, pointing out that they are listed in the telephone directory and that their buildings are easy to find in communities across the country. The argument, then, goes that the Masons have a few secrets (most of which will take you less than an hour to discover on the internet), but are not a secret society. However, if you don't agree then I would argue that the Freemasons, with the goal of improving good men, seek to improve society. And, certainly, back in the day, when the Freemasons were serving as the shock-troops of the Enlightenment, they were doing good work in promoting the values that form the basis of modern Western civilization at its best.

As for the point about secrecy always being negative...

Well, poppycock.

Most spiritual traditions recognize the power and importance of secrecy. For example, in Matthew6:5, Jesus instructs us to pray in secret and assures us that our Father, who is in secret, will hear our prayers. Secrecy, here, has the power of ensuring the right approach towards God -- a humble and sincere approach rather than the bluster and show of a public display.

Secrecy has its place. Like all soil, it can grow both nourishment or poison depending on what is planted there.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Freemasonry (and the separate bodies) are not exactly "seceret" in the sense we think of "secret societies" and such.. but they do quite a bit of good.

Every Lodge has a charity (at least one) that they are supposed to raise money for through dinners and walks and all kinds of things..

Then there are major charities run by adjacent Masonic bodies like the Shriners and their hospitals.

There are also a lot of donations and contributions of all kinds from Masonic bodies that are done anomalously without anyone every knowing.

(one such that I have heard of is a program to donate new clothing to young kids when it is pointed out by someone in the school they could benefit. The Masonic body then donates all kinds of stuff to that kid through the school without anyone knowing it really came from the Masons.)

But I am sure that there are other actual "secret" societies that operate with the best of intentions. Just as I suppose there are those who work against the good of man. I like to think Humanity is not inherently evil, and that secret gatherings do not always have to be malevolent in purpose.

I know of a few obscure religious type groups that are very "private" that donate, though there membership is small and they don't have a huge impact, every little bit counts, right?

new topics

top topics

join