It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Republicans: Too Little, Too Late (Pretending to be Born Again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul thinks people are beginning to wake up.

He says this stimulus package is just politics as usual and Republicans standing against this thing was too little, too late.

The vote will not go back to the house...just a conference since Democrats have such a large majority there.

He also makes fun of conservatives as being "Born Again."

[edit on 7-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
AMEN RP -

I love this guy - Why can the GOP get him on the ticket?

I'm glad he see's the mythology GOP is trying construct with the shards of our shattered ECONOMY.

There was almost a decade to practice restraint - now when the ship is sinking they
have an epiphany?

BOTH parties should be purged and replaced with citizens - not politicians

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Well said, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Our political systems as they stand are corrupt and our officials are bought and sold and in bed with every special interest lobby in the free world.

I have never understood exactly when the trend began or why anyone would ever assume that just because a person holds material wealth that they are qualified to lead a country in any sort of political sense.

Look at the high priced bums we have in our Senate and House....people who have used stolen and inherited money and family prowess to buy their way into office. Really no difference between what Blagodjovic (sp? did in Illinois versus what goes on in every state when election time comes.

Someone buys a political seat every year that elections are held. It isnt because these people are good leaders or ethical or honorable, it is because they have enough money to get themselves on the ballot and on tv.

George Allen. George Bush Jr., John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, these people are all high end crooks and financiers who are in bed with the ones who look to buy and sell us all.

The only way to ever have any honor amongst our politicians would be to comprise it entirely of common, working class men and women who have demonstrated leadership, character, and have the best interest of their own families and the citizens of the United States in mind.

We allow our government to be over run and filled with trust fund babies and Wall st crooks and we wonder why none of them can be trusted to keep their word?

[edit on 2/7/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Wow D, does your thread smell or something???

The myth endures -

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Lol....i guess it does! RP is right. Years upon years of debt, wasteful spending, and war and now they suddenly pretend to be newly responsible politicians!

The Republican party does all it can to shut this guy out. They make him out to be the craziest politician in government, when in fact he is probably the most sane.

I wish there were more like him in government. Many of us may not agree with all of what he says, but he truly stands behind what he believes in...how many other politicians do this? Not many.

The man calls BS when he sees it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This big "Spendulus Package" is nothing more than the democratic Christmas list they couldn't submit to Santa Claus U.S.A. without threat of a veto.

The corporate controlled MSM sold the whole package to the voters, it was all planned.
It's the same agenda with a new face, and different set of crooked politicians with their own pet projects.

No matter who won, the government still gets in. All they had to do is breed so much hate for one side of their puppet show, the other is a sure in.

NBC is owned by GE which is one of the top military contractors.

Guess who's on Obama's outside panel of economic advisors now.
General Electric Co. CEO Jeffrey Immelt

go figure...

Just like the Doc said... politics as usual

Ron Paul's been trying to wake people up for years about the Federal Reserve and who really controls things.

Guess who got the least media coverage and never got past the primaries...

/rant

Thx for the vid

Long Live Ron Paul and the Constitution

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
This big "Spendulus Package" is nothing more than the democratic Christmas list they couldn't submit to Santa Claus U.S.A. without threat of a veto.

The corporate controlled MSM sold the whole package to the voters, it was all planned.
It's the same agenda with a new face, and different set of crooked politicians with their own pet projects.

No matter who won, the government still gets in. All they had to do is breed so much hate for one side of their puppet show, the other is a sure in.

NBC is owned by GE which is one of the top military contractors.

Guess who's on Obama's outside panel of economic advisors now.
General Electric Co. CEO Jeffrey Immelt

go figure...

Just like the Doc said... politics as usual

Ron Paul's been trying to wake people up for years about the Federal Reserve and who really controls things.

Guess who got the least media coverage and never got past the primaries...

/rant

Thx for the vid

Long Live Ron Paul and the Constitution

Peace

YA

JUST like the last package signed by BUSH

See guys this is not a one way street - one group of bad guys -

BUT the GOP myth some guys are pushing is ridiculous.

YOU are not off the hook - you had a hand 2 -

The myth - below

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You are right. Both were at fault.

All it takes is too watch the bickering between the two. Switch channels. Instead of being defensive for your "Network" or values, set them aside. You begin to notice how they both expose themselves of being at fault by accusing each other.

It's crazy. It's always the same and it never changes. It only exposes itself more the tougher the times get.

Both kids had their hands in the cookie jar...but some of us picked our favorite kid and let them get by with less criticism.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

You are right. Both were at fault.

All it takes is too watch the bickering between the two. Switch channels. Instead of being defensive for your "Network" or values, set them aside. You begin to notice how they both expose themselves of being at fault by accusing each other.

It's crazy. It's always the same and it never changes. It only exposes itself more the tougher the times get.

Both kids had their hands in the cookie jar...but some of us picked our favorite kid and let them get by with less criticism.

Exactly it never changes until people become aware of how they perpetuate it.

Right now is a good example - DEMS and their social policies - industry ties

And GOP always sticking up for the $$$ and trying to kill regulations that where born of previous mistakes.

I am much more aware of how my IDEOLOGY effects the world - but that does nothing
if "you" do not do the same.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Instead of being defensive for your "Network" or values, set them aside. You begin to notice how they both expose themselves of being at fault by accusing each other.

But this is how it works naturally - on top of it we seek entertainment that validates
our own ideas.

I try to set my views aside... I even try to get in the head of other views so I can get it.

What sends me off is when I see zero reflection from the "other side". At that moment
it becomes very hard to rise above the fray...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I am much more aware of how my IDEOLOGY effects the world - but that does nothing if "you" do not do the same.

Couldn't agree more. We all should be this way. I admittedly was not before but only because i didn't allow myself to be.

As things continue to get worse, more will see it.

Hopefully, by then, it's not too late.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What sends me off is when I see zero reflection from the "other side". At that moment it becomes very hard to rise above the fray...

Very true. I was this way in the during the elections. As a matter of fact, I had some good arguments with you i believe.
At the time though I had never payed any attention to politics. That's how most people are. I'm glad I know more now than I did before.

My views have changed much since then. I don't consider myself to be on a "side." I have both agreements and disagreements with both.

But as of right now, at least in my eyes, there is no one to defend. There is no side to get behind because neither have their best interests with the people. Their best interests come from special interests.

As you stated earlier in another post, I'd love to see the slate wiped completely clean with most of our politicians and to start anew.

That won't happen though. We're stuck with what we have for now.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Come on...Ron Paul dissing Republicans and no comments????

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

There's a lot to love about Ron Paul. And I think the Republicans blew it when they didn't put him forth as their man, but he doesn't represent what the party has become in the past 20 years or so, so I understand it. I think if he started his own party, a lot of Republicans AND Democrats would support him. Not to mention those of us who aren't either. Is that what he's doing? The Liberty party?

I LOVE what he said about tax cut being seen as some kind of cost to government!
And he's right that both parties are to blame.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What's funny is there is another thread with this video, yet some of the people are only hearing what they want to hear.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like the title of my thread scared some away.

Some just refuse to be accountable.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Is that what he's doing? The Liberty party?

I think he was with the Constitutionalist party, at least that is the impression I get, although not 100 percent sure.

It would make sense, since he votes strictly on the constitution.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Some just refuse to be accountable.

In my view, the decay in Washington is nearly universal and this election cycle offered little by way of improvement.

I keep saying hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

These will certainly be rough times.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't get it. For 8 years the GOP screamed "Destroy America by spending as much money on our buddies as possible!" Now that Obama is in they're crying about spending too much money. Seriously, they double the national debt so the people they went to college with could destroy America while buying more private jets, but cry about the American People getting a single dime from the government.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Afrosamurai

, but cry about the American People getting a single dime from the government.

I understand your anger. But who do u think this money is really coming from? The government may "print" money but the cost will always go to you, me, and every other taxpayer out there.

Inflation is coming, which in a sense is a tax as everything will cost more to you.

Trust me, I'm as pissed as anyone. But every penny that is spent now is going to be the burden of multiple generations following us.

This is the real question to me. Do we want to be responsible now...take our punches and try to lessen the pain of our children and grandchildren as much as we can? Or do we stick it to em with no sense of right or wrong in the hopes of a quick fix?

top topics

join