It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a phone dilemma (iphone vs Blackberry Bold)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I currently have a BlackBerry curve and I LOVE it. I am addicted and never without it. I find the email and texting very easy to use and love the one touch dialing...I could go on.

I am eligible for an upgrade and was totally convinced I wanted the new BlackBerry Bold until I went and looked at the phones today and the salesman said if I like to go on the internet a lot I would be better with the iphone.

He was very convincing. The iphone is also cheaper now since it has been out awhile.

What I need from you is, Which phone should I get and why?

Thank you in advance for the help.

[edit on 2/7/2009 by Blogstalker]

[edit on 2/7/2009 by Blogstalker]

Mod edit: changed title on author's request

[edit on 8 Feb 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Do you use a pc or a mac at home?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

A pc.. never thought that would make a difference.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It's more to establish if you are comfortable with a mac interface. Also if you were on a mac it makes little sense to go with a blackberry.

The iPhones are great and seamlessly interact with aps like itunes and from what I gather the internet browsing experience is far superior to that of the blackberry.

Though I know it is hard to switch from something one feels comfortable with.

[edit on 7 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
since i am apple adicted i would always advice iPHONE

but you are happy with your blackberry, so i - in your case - would stick to it honey

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I do have an ipod and itunes is already installed on the pc so i suppose that could be a plus

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I found this comparison for you:

Hope it is helpful.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Cool find SD thanks a lot. I do use my email a lot so that is something to consider.

I don't recall it saying, but does the iphone have a camera? And if so a flash?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

iphone specs

It has a camera though it looks like it doesn't have a flash.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Still not sure. What kind of phone do you have SD?

I would like to hear from actual users of the iphone and Bold as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I just got me one of these bad boys:

I can store up to 10 numbers.

Nah, I just have a little Nokia Prism. Notin fancy.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You are a funny man SD.

Thing is once you go fancy it is hard to switch back to the basics. :shk:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I finally bit the bullet and got a new phone. I went with the BB Bold. It was more expensive but I do like them better. The touch screen isn't for me either.

The iphone did make sense in that I have an ipod and the software on the pc. I do have a MAC laptop but I just like the BB better.

Thanks for those that helped... I do have 30 days to change my mine.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm absolutely lost without my iPhone. Its the most intuitive, sexy, and seemless device I've ever used.

Having said that, I had a BB Pearl before this and I have to say, it was a crap phone. Maybe I'm jaded about BB's because of that.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
the pearl is too small imo. The Bold is much bigger and the browser is more like reg browsing now.

I am still learning but so far so good.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So my new BB Bold died within 2 days of buying it and the "BB expert" told me it was the Facebook I downloaded. The BB software went totally corrupt.

I went back to where I bought it and they had never heard of FB doing this to a phone. I posted about it on my blog and a kind reader said it wasn't FB, he sells the phones and has owned most BB models. As it turns out RIM that makes BB's wrote the program for FB on BB so it probably wasn't FB. He said the BB (AT&T) people don't want me to think they sold me a bum phone, which is probably what happened. He gave me links for a Twitter app. (Ubertwitter) which is great and the BB App store.

I have since reloaded FB with no problems yet. I also downloaded Pandora Radio which is great as well. It is streaming radio and lets you pick the songs you want to hear by rating them as they play. It works great through the aux cable in my car as well. It is free.

I have even figured out how to download songs onto the phone. itunes works just fine with it and easily lets me load playlists right from the itunes software.

Anyway just thought I post some observations in case anyone else was deciding what phone to get.

BlackBerrys rock.

top topics

join