It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Lanterns...debunking weapon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Has anybody noticed whilst looking at UFO video footage on Google and Liveleak etc, above the video screens there are often links to adverts for Sky Lanterns.....WHY? Where's the connection between the science of Ufology and these cheap little party accessories?

At the risk of sounding cynical I was going to attempt to answer my own question but, I think it would be far more productive to leave the question open for other ATS members to comment on.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Sky Lanterns, just go to Google or Liveleak and search for UFO videos. Click on the appropriate link above the video screen.

I'll come back to this thread in a few days time to see what you all have to say.

MH

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by martinhuyton

I allways find the "explanation" that UFO's are Chinese Lanterns as suspected disinfo. But atleast it is a change from the classical explanation of them being "Swampgas".

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Its the new and fashionable skeptic tool, the old swamp gas and weather balloon has had its days.

No doubt there has been a few mistaken sights regarding these lanterns but not as many as the Media and the skeptics make out.

Also there are theses kites with LEDS in many shapes and forms so thats another tool for them.

If anyone who has had a true UFO sighting knows that its none of the above, and I hate it when some box head trys to tell you what you have witnessed.

A good thread

Star & Flaged

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Its the new and fashionable skeptic tool, the old swamp gas and weather balloon has had its days.

No doubt there has been a few mistaken sights regarding these lanterns but not as many as the Media and the skeptics make out.

Also there are theses kites with LEDS in many shapes and forms so thats another tool for them.

If anyone who has had a true UFO sighting knows that its none of the above, and I hate it when some box head trys to tell you what you have witnessed.

A good thread

Star & Flaged

I think you are putting the cart before the horse here-most sightings in the UK are clearly lanterns-the question is whether this is itself a debunking strategy, to throw these things up and get people to report them and thus discredit more interesting sightings.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hi Im in the UK and on the 7th Feb three orange orbs went over our house. One went over and then 2 together went over 5 mins later. My daughter took a film of it on her camera and I hope she will load it onto U tube for me (as I have no idea how to do this) Thing is we saw the exact same orange orb New Years Eve but that time it was just one.

Are these orbs alien or lanters. I have no idea but I do find it strange that suddenly in the UK everyone is supposedly letting these things off when in the past we never did. I dont know anyone that has let these things off and I would not know where to buy them as I heard they are banned.

The ones I saw tonight were travelling at a set speed in one direction but mid 2008 we did see two that came up from behind a roof opposite and hover for a while then move off. They then later came back and moved without sound over our house.

I must admit Im unable to decide whats going on here.

S & F because Ive seen these things 3 times in 4 months when previous Id never seen them..EVER

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Ahh yes, good old swampgas. I've made quite a few bright flashes with bumgas and a lighter....an old party trick. Some of those explosions could be seen from miles away on a clear night and they were always the same colour, blue.......blew from the arse

But seriously, I will leave people to comment on my original question for a few days then I will say what I think is going on.

Thanks for your reply, I needed a laugh!

MH

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
- - - I do find it strange that suddenly in the UK everyone is supposedly letting these things off when in the past we never did. I dont know anyone that has let these things off and I would not know where to buy them - -

Welcome to the World - - -

as I heard they are banned.

Nope. Anyone can set 'em off. Anywhere, anytime.

WG3

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

A good thread

Star & Flaged

I think you are putting the cart before the horse here-most sightings in the UK are clearly lanterns-the question is whether this is itself a debunking strategy, to throw these things up and get people to report them and thus discredit more interesting sightings.

The objects I have witnessed one in 1975 one in 1978 with witnesses, and another in 1982 were not lanterns and also they were in the UK prior to emigrating to OZ.

May be there is a new trend of flying these lanterns in the UK now but thats still not to say most sightings are those.

Also I dont think that many people would fly them just to see if they would be mistaken for a UFO, but no doubt there are a few hoaxers out there.

top topics

join