It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver International Airport mural pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thought I would share my pictures of the strange murals at Denver International Airport. I have photos of the main ones, but at the end of my photo stream there are pictures of two others that most people haven't seen. These depict Latino and African American contributions to the settlement of Colorado, which also delves into the Masonic theme of civilization building.

I also have pictures of the Masonic capstone which proclaims the "New World Airport Commission" and a picture of the weird demon/gargoyle in the baggage area. Check out my flickr set here:

Denver International Airport murals flickr photostream

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Are these paintings to stay or what? Really strange. What is the official story as to what they represent? I assume they asked an artist to create these very colourful and very psychedelic paintings.

I like the one where the girl is holding the penguin in a glass box, but it all doesn't seem te make much sense. I don't like the fire though (interesting combination fire and planes....)

The gargoyle.... well it is sitting in a suit case. I think somebody's weird sense of humor
Anyway he looks like he could use a drink

Edit: it is just one painting and not more.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by QueenofWeird]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
were those swords (means of destruction) wrapped in an isreali flag? I thought the penguin looked kind of bad. I know a bad penguin when i see one lol. Maybe it's saying evil is disguised as something harmless?? It's fun playing these guessing games with stuff like this. Whoa what a geek!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
I assume they asked an artist to create these very colourful and very psychedelic paintings.
[edit on 7-2-2009 by QueenofWeird]

Here you go.
This is a link to an interview with the Artist in question.
www.westword.com...

Artist Leo Tanguma doesn't understand how conspiracy theorists find hidden messages in his mural on environmentalism.

And I do not agree with his denial of, there being any conspiracy behind it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
DIA was built using multiple contractors. a contractor would build a certain amount of what they were contracted to do, and then they were fired before they could complete it. this way they could never see the overall results of thier work.

supposedly they moved almost as much dirt above and BELOW ground to compete with very large projects like the panama canal. i have been to DIA and its on a flat prarie plain, so dont ask me why they moved so much dirt!

i think the mural is another tool of symbolism thats "above our heads"...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

The bird that looks like a penguin is actually a 'Great Auk' it is extinct.

The "main murals" consist of four panels. with two different themes. One theme is Peace and Harmony in societies, which is depcited by the children of areas where there are current conflicts or wars. It depcits the children of these nations at war presenting weapons of war(swords) to be destroyed and turned into plowshares. The rainbow represents many cultures and is a symbol of Freemasonry. the second part is the oppressor with the gas mask represents what happens to societies that are not represented through peace and harmony.

The other mural in two parts represents peace and harmony in nature and says that we are all part of this earth and share the biosphere with many living creatures, the second part(fire and destruction) represents what happens when those systems are out of whack.

Both murals represent the Masonic themes of order and disorder.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

Nice photos and thanks for sharing

I especially appreciate the clear pictures of the gargoyle and the New World Airport Commission capstone

This NWO sounding name is conveniently explained away on wikipedia with a quote from "Conspiracy Theories & Secret Societies For Dummies":

"The New World Airport Commission was a group of local businesses that organized the opening ceremonies of the facility, and they chose the name because Denver was aiming to create a “new, world-class” city and airport"

Hmm... "New World" changed to "new (comma) world-class"... doesn't quite ring true to me

[edit on 7/2/2009 by alienanderson]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm not usually one to stop and gaze at paintings in the public, but while on vacation I walked past these paintings. Literally stopped in my tracks and walked backwards; going "WTF is with these things?!" in my head while I looked at them.

If you see them up close it is alot different than looking at them from your photos. They definitely convey some weird feelings when you look them over.

In the end I spent a good 5 minutes looking over each panel I walked past. Shaking my head even more as I went on. They are some freaky paintings and to be honest I didnt understand them at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks that's some great artwork, i love the peace mural but wow some of the war images are awesome!

The ghost people, not so much. I think they're all about the past and the future and how the people of the past are a part of the future, what we do today is both because of those before and for those that come after, we like denver are just a step in the journey.

It's so totally meant to be a positive message for te future, out of chaos and wae will come order and peace. Masons build loads of things, hehe it's sort of a tradition
Just because they're involved in the airport, lets be honest the only thing in denver, doesn't mean they made it evil.

ok, i admit that some of the images, like the animals in boxes and the buried guy with the forest fire coming towards them could represent the secret base we all know is under there. The whole set #could# talk about the 'wise ones' (guy in hole looks like a shaman, typical = wiseone) who to defeat the evil dictator (who looks like Stalin, notice no hammer and sickle in the peace mural, no russian flag -infact who are america making up with? uk & ireland, isreal and palestine, is that india and pakistan on the right? but america? who's that they're with, france? wtf?) so they made a capsule for the future with animals and things in, then when the world was really messed up and looked like a bad acid trip and everyone is a ghost they come back and carry on?

oh and the birds look like phoenix to me, well how the ones in mythology look with ploombed tails, etc -reborn in fire, hmmm.

would love to know what order the pictures are in, how they're arranged and if anyone has any other links to stuff done by the same guy? also can i get some of what he was on?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The flag you have mistaken for the French flag is actually a Russian flag, pre and post Soviet Union. The bird you described as a "phoenix" is a quetzal, which is a real bird and has significance to the Mayans.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

hehe yeah you are 100% right about the flag, i noticed and came back to fix my post but you beat me too it

It doesn't matter if the bird is really a real bird or not, in art one image often represents many things -may i suggest the Dutch Masters for some rather good examples of this.

i now know why they make no narrative sense, "He's a Christian who thinks of his murals as painted sermons" -the guy who panted them is a jesus worshipper, thus 'a lost follower of moses's god' according to abrahams other religions so already some confusion on belief but then he's obsessed with nonsense psudo-maya earth goddess kinda stuff too -it's like he's a Polytheist with one UBER god who's really serious he ignores ALL false idols and fake gods, apart from his son-god -despite the fact he promised never to send a demigod to earth! hehe no wonder his art makes no sence, his mind must be a mess!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is sort of an old topic, that has been discussed before. Did you do a search on it?

It's kind of like beating a dead horse. I don't understand why you didn't contribute to a thead already out there.

Here is my suggestion to people who find the issue odd, why not find out who the artist of the mural was, and ask them what they mean?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Why do you have a problem with me starting a thread about this? Like I said I have some unique pictures. Why did you click on the thread if you aren't interested in the topic?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I really like these paintings.
They show death, despair, horror, destruction of the environment etc but they also show hope.

These paintings are very indepth and like the the statment say's these paintings speak a thousand words.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
INteresting pcitures. but thier kinda weird..especially that tombstone, new world airport...makes me wonder what the officials thier are like...except fot he Israel and tombstone painting, the rest made me thnk of someone triping on acid, or is as eccentric as Hpward hughs..

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The mind of a human is a great thing to behold.

Those images are a few good thousand words.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's funny that I came across this thread today. I was at DIA last week a couple of times and for the first time noticed the murals. They are interesting to say the least.

Last week a local Denver radio station had a discussion on the "mysteries" of DIA and there was some good talk on the topic by the radio staff and callers. What's interesting is that DIA is SO unusual that it's almost hard to explain with rational thought: the murals, cost over runs, delays (YEARS), and general location of the airport. If there is something under the airport, it wouldn't surprise me....at all.

What makes me think there may be the possibility of something under the airport (secret base, ufo, aliens, NWO hangout...ect.) is if you look at all the strange stuff going on in Colorado as a whole. The extreme expansion of Fort Carson to the south, movement of troops, US government aquiring huge tracts of land, UFO activity, ....the list goes on. When you put it all together it just doesn't add up to something reasonable or even rational.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOnFIre

I was just listening to a Dr Deagle talking about alll the underground bases in CO. I noticed on the masonic stone there's a partial name that almost looks like Benjamin Creme, I wonder what the full name was.

It all comes down to Israel, doesn't it? That's the end game, Jerusalem will be the cup that sends all reeling...Zech 12

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
This is sort of an old topic, that has been discussed before. Did you do a search on it?

It's kind of like beating a dead horse. I don't understand why you didn't contribute to a thead already out there.

Here is my suggestion to people who find the issue odd, why not find out who the artist of the mural was, and ask them what they mean?

I did a search - this was the most recent, and highest on the list.

Not only that, but pretty sure I found some videos that might've been created AFTER the original threads.

Part 1: www.metacafe.com...

Part 2: www.metacafe.com...

[edit on 1/5/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
Thought I would share my pictures of the strange murals at Denver International Airport. I have photos of the main ones, but at the end of my photo stream there are pictures of two others that most people haven't seen. These depict Latino and African American contributions to the settlement of Colorado, which also delves into the Masonic theme of civilization building.

I also have pictures of the Masonic capstone which proclaims the "New World Airport Commission" and a picture of the weird demon/gargoyle in the baggage area. Check out my flickr set here:

Denver International Airport murals flickr photostream

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Jack Jouett]

Please use ATS to upload your pictures because none of the flikr links work.

new topics

top topics

join