It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your preference? The Pepsi challenge-ish

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I was having text conversation with Hsur2112 (I know sounds weird) but the discussion of soda came up and we both have very specific preferences when it comes to drinking soda.

We both prefer fountain soda with a lot of ice. Rush likes it in a styrofoam cup I hadn't thought about it but her reasoning made a lot of sense. I will let her explain it.

As for can versus bottle I prefer a can. It stays much colder and I prefer drinking from a can to a bottle. Rush perfered a bottle, again I will let her explain.

As for the soda itself, we didn't get to that lol.. I prefer Coke Zero or Diet Coke. Will not drink Pepsi unless absolutely necessary and I mean at desperation level.

Ok Rush your turn.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ok, gawd...I'm dying here...........as I sip my fountain Coke w/ extra ice in a styrofoam cup.

Here goes with preferences: lol

--Must be Coke NOT Pepsi......ick.

--I prefer 32oz.

--Totally prefer a styrofoam cup. It stays colder and the ice doesn't melt nearly as quick as w/ plastic. (Please, all of you 'green' people I reuse the same cup for refills quite a few times, so no "Rush is destroying the planet" replies.)

--I hate the plastic cups, as stated above the ice melts too quick and the cups sweat and leaves little puddles of water on the table or drips onto my clothes and leaves a water spot. Duh......can't have that.

--It's essential to have the right amount of ice. The cup should be approx. 3/4 filled with ice.

--I prefer the shorter straws as opposed to the longer straws if given the option. I don't know why? To be cute my sister once went in to get me a fountain coke and I told her to get the shorter straw. So she brought it out and had put six straws together to make one long straw, the kids thought it was funny, I didn't see the humor.

--Bottle vs. Can: I prefer the bottle if I must. I can put the lid back on and save it for later in the fridge if I want and it won't go flat as quick. I don't like the taste of drinking out of a can. Ick But I will get the can and if it's already cold will pour it into a glass with NO ice. If it's not already cold I put it in the freezer for a quick chill. Then sometimes I leave and forget about it and it explodes in the freezer. That pi**es the husband off.

--Again, I don't prefer to pi** my husband off, but he doesn't understand why I would have a case of coke at the house and still run down the street to get a fountain coke. Is it that unreasonable?

Ok, I'm not picky or anything, -ISH. It's just the way it is.

Rush

[edit on 7-2-2009 by hsur2112]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When I used to drink to soda I liked Pepsi. Have not drank soda in years. No good for you. I was strange, I liked it warm, not cold.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I was strange, I liked it warm, not cold.

We are not here to judge.

Rush

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Funny and I have to agree about the ice, the cup needs to be mostly full before the soda is added. I do agree about the positive benifits of styro but most stores use plastic, which probably isn't so great for the environment either.

And nothing worse than a dripping cup or leaving puddles yuck.

As for cans I tend to drink them at work and drink it quickly so they don't go flat. Bottles are good in the car or at home.

I love the pi**ing off the husband bit Rush. What else are they good for?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
I love the pi**ing off the husband bit Rush. What else are they good for?

That's a rhetorical question, right? Or do I need to answer?

Nah..........let's just leave it at 'rhetorical'.

Rush

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I like Pepsi. I think Coke is disgusting. And as long as it's sort of cold I'm good.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Quarter cup of ice and Pepsi please. And talk about strange I like flat coke products. Warm is a little much for me but flat

cant mess up on the furers thread

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
cherry coke
bottle,chilled
no straw

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I like short precise answers. Yes Rish I think we have a "problem"

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Yes Rish

Rush maybe. I don't know but I think that's what you meant.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
I like short precise answers. Yes Rish I think we have a "problem"

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

My post was probably the most articulate and well thought out post that I've made in a very long time.

And it's about a soft drink.

I need help.

Rush

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I blame the blackberry...and a bouncy car.

off to "grade" all of Ant4's posts now

[edit on 2/7/2009 by Blogstalker]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Eye's culdn't help it Bloggy. It were just so purtie of a chance to pass up.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Coke in a can is my personal choice...on a hot day in a chilled glass from the freezer with crushed ice...from Avalanche ice machine!

If travelling on the train ,I take coke in a bottle....and it goes flat quick.... Plastic bottles I hate...but you can but the lid back on when travelling!

I find coke tastes different in other countries....
In Indonesia....It is a tad sweeter....and is usually in the old style glass bottle....which makes it taste great.

In the USA.....I found I drank Pepsi....over Coke!
This made my Sisters eyes boggle
as I never drink Pepsi as it tastes flat in OZ!
I found I preferred Pepsi as it tasted great...and even better with crushed ice....I found that Coke in the USA tasted like Diet pepsi in Australia....
Flat tasting & dry....!

Forgot to add...I always have my own straws in my handbag....
as you never know whats been touching them on the shop counter....?

[edit on 7-2-2009 by bekonabroom]

[edit on 7-2-2009 by bekonabroom]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
for me

coke
from a bottle which has been cooled in my fridge

no straw
some icecubes - dont want the coke to get watery

and a big glas, no plastic etc

if i get it from a fountain
same way as if it is directly out of the bottle

you can get very rarely cans in germany, but a can coke is perfect!
no straw here either

and no pepsi

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Never noticed that coke tasted different in different countries. Was just in the UK and I don't think I actually drank any, must have been busy sampling the beers.

I want to know what is up with the new caps on the bottles, they are smaller and if you don't line them up just right they are impossible to screw back on...but it could just be me.

Hey Ant you may want to get a spell checker.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
I like flat coke products.

what is a flat coke product please?

i got very strange ideas abotu it right now

edit:
i never drink diet, zero or light coke
just the real thing
the red lable

[edit on 7-2-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I prefer Coke from a can... Well in a glass is best (with vodka of course), but usually a can. Thing is I often carry a bottle of something in my bag, when it's not water I actually like the Pepsi bottle better, it was a wider neck, but for taste it's Coke all the time.

Thing is I don't like the company ethics of Coke... They do a lot of harm in some places around the world, in some places they completely dominate the water tables so farmers etc get screwed. I think they are pretty good employers though - cant remember.

Although of late my fav beverage is an ice cold pint of cider... Usually Strongbow.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Flat coke or any fizzy drink is when the fiz has gone out of it.

Now_then I did try Cider while in the UK, dont' recall the brand but did not like it at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join