It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Free Energy' DIY Anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Thank you. This is exactly the direction I had been thinking after watching EFTV 6, with the exception of only using 2 banks of batteries. Whilst one is charging, the second bank can supply the tiny trigger charge at the same time as powering the house. Or is that not possible for some reason?

I don't know why I got stopped at the first hurdle. I think my initiation of this thread was partly a kick up my own backside.

I will get started on my Bedini adventure today by sourcing the materials for the SSG Motor and keep you all updated as to the progress via this thread.

I have found in building my own house, that it pays to learn the skills and DIY rather than simply buying off the shelf and trusting 'experts' to install and maintain.

Of course there are limitations on a personal basis, but by going 'open source' I hope to 'limit the limits'

[edit on 8/2/09 by RogerT]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Well, the thing is.. if you want to get this thing fully functional, enough to power an entire house, you are going to have to put a lot of time into, creativity and accept the possibitly that its not going to put out enough power in the long run. I just don't have the time to put into it. I should make the time.. but... ya know. It is promising.. but haven't pushed it past lighting an LED. It seems you are looking for something that will power your house after following step by step plans.. if so.. ignore this.. but if not.. U2U me.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by danman23

I'm not afraid to put in the time and energy, and money if I have it, but at this time my knowlege and experience are both in their infancy.

Give me a few months or so to get into the field and get my feet wet, to understand my own skills and limitations a little more, and maybe I'll be ready to take on your ideas.

Hopefully, the thread will enable networking from like minded individuals. Perhaps someone reading will be in touch with you long before me

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
nice idea but it will never happen my friend..

as far as my research has gotten me... time is energy, thats where zero point energy comes from... it is directly related to anti gravity technology.. one in the same..

billions are spent to keep universities physics departments from doing anti grav or zero point energy research...

check out Gordan Novel

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Look. You have two separate battery banks that the home will run on, and an automatic controller. You run your home off of one bank while the other is charging. Your source for your charger, which is also run off a small, third bank of batteries, is maintained by a small solar charger.

Forgot to ask, do you have such a setup powering your own home?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Oh man, That was just the best response to a nay sayer I've ever read.

Look up Tesla's blade less turbine.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi,

I'm from Belgium and I'm currently working on a Free Energy prototype although less powerful than what you are looking for, it might set you off in the right direction.

We came up with a simple setup where magnets turn a shaft that is connected to a car generator. We got all the materials from a local hardware store and the generator could be salvaged from a scrap yard. We have a wooden cilindrical shaft - a wooden stator - a wooden flywheel and the connection to the generator can be done using 2 flywheels and a belt. Where as the propelling flywheel connected to the shaft is bigger than the one connected to the generator since this yields more rpm...

We are still trying to find a good setup that will actually keep the shaft in motion by the magnetic fields. The thread that I saw here yesterday about Coral Castle and sacred geometry might be very useful but this is something I still have to test.

Good luck to you and others and I truly hope that somebody launches this technology fast !!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoPardus70

How about you look it up? I've seen the patents. It's clever, very clever, as you'd expect from Tesla, but it's far from free energy. As a turbine that makes use of boundary layer flow, it's probably got nice torque characteristics, but it's only about 25% efficient, comparable to the kinds of typical turbines available during Tesla's time, but worse than those we use today. Much easier to build, though, would make a good DIY project. There's probably a fair following who've built them in their garages online.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

It appears to me now from the tone of your response to me that I may indeed have misjudged your direction. My apologies. I am used to seeing people who simply 'want' without any regard to what is possible or practical. I am very glad I can't count you among them.

You are heading down a very enlightening journey. As one anonymous poster pointed out above, just watching an apple fall to the ground is a violation of that Law of Conservation of Energy. It is somehow ironic that that is essentially the same thing that made Isaac Newton come up with the Laws of Motion (amazing how the same thing can mean different things to different people). Scientists and researchers tend to have this habit of coming up with outlandish explanations to prevent them from having to re-examine their original positions. It is up to the free thinkers to correct this situation and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that things are possible. That is a long, hard journey, however.

Forgive me, but this is the petty ego part of the equation I mentioned above. I sincerely believe if you can let go of this attachment, you will have breakthroughs in your research.

No forgiveness necessary. You are correct. My attitude on this is indeed petty.

I am not doing this research to make money, nor to help the planet, nor to help humanity. The reason I do it is to help me and mine. If that is petty, so be it. Every time I see someone post that the majority of my life's work should be given away, every time I see someone post that a corporation is evil for making a profit, every time someone tells me I am 'crazy' for not accepting the status quo, my pettiness is reinforced. And there has been a lot of such reinforcement in my life. Just once i want one of these goody-goody dreamers to give away their time and money for some greater good instead of telling me to.

So, yes, I will refuse to give my work away freely. Yes, I will expect a major reward from a lifetime of sacrifice and doing without. That doesn't mean I will not be happy to know I have helped humanity in some way. But humanity is not my concern. I prefer to help people than a society that has all but abandoned me.

As for breakthroughs, they have already been realized. I have succeeded, but that is all I can say at this moment, at least until a bit of refinement is done and legal protection is in place. I'm sure the readers of this post can understand that; if not, then there's some more of that reinforcement I mentioned.

Good luck to you, and all my best wishes.

TheRedneck
edit to add: I have a lifetime of working with electronics under my belt. If you need any advice on circuit design, let me know via U2U. I'll answer any questions I can.

You really don't need two battery banks. One is sufficient, as the output can be tied back into the input through a voltage regulator. The real problem is an inverter that can deliver up to 200 amps (44 kW) of current during peak load times to your home (and at 220V dual-phase).

[edit on 8-2-2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

What about the fueless heater

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Very cool, thanks for being so forthcoming

I've some seeds for ideas about how to bring a 'free energy' device to 'market' in an open source way and still make good money (maybe not an 8 figure one-off hit though). So if you get bogged down at some point along the patent/production path and wish to consider something else, let me know

I am delighted that you have got to the light at the end of the tunnel, or at least you can see it clearly now. That means there is ample hope for the rest of us who are just beginning our journeys.

Once I start 'really getting into it' and have questions worthy of your time, I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks.

edit PS: At the mo we are on 3 phase 32A - 220V and it is ample unless we switch on every appliance in the house at once. So 20kW should do it
I liked the multiple inverter idea posted earlier.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I know this is kind of off topic, but as far as energy consumption goes, even the small things add up quick. luckily to take a shower all you need is the sun, water, and gravity; Camp Shower. I know its low flo and a little cheesy, but with some creativity im sure you could make something more effective and stronger.

--------------------

Oh yeah, tesla already figured out that whole radiant energy thing...

Radiant energy generator

Too bad a bunch of jack holes working for the US 'Alien Property Custodian' ransacked his office and destroyed 90% of his lifes work. that is by far one of the biggest screw ups in the entire history of mankind. people are just now rediscovering even some of his most simple concepts.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A quick word to the Anonymous posters ...

I think anon posts are first validated by mods, so they don't appear at the time they are posted, or at least they don't on my screen.

Add to that the confusion of knowing which anon is being responded to, and if it is a single post or multiple post!

I tend to simply ignore Anon posts, with a few exceptions, so apologies to anyone if I didn't respond to you.

If you're gonna stick with the thread, please register with ATS. It's always nicer to address someone by name, even if it is only a screen name

Also, when you log in, you don't get so many ads and you see all the cool avatars

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hi,
I'm from Belgium and I'm currently working on a Free Energy prototype

Cool. Why not register on ATS and keep us posted on your progress. You can start a thread or keep posting in this one.

best
R

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla cracked free energy 100 years ago.
Proof? ask the G-men...

Free energy is a risky business. I hope you find what you are looking for but to be safe, keep it for yourself.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
David Wright has to be on the leading authorities as far as smart architecture goes. He wrote a few books back in the &0's that should have revolutionized the world on a large scale, but Most people are Idiots and Will laugh at most people who want to take an active approach to natural Solar and Passive Primer Architecture.

If you build you house into the side of a Hill, it will generally stay around 70 degrees year long with earth berms and heated mass and a few Stupefyingly simple Ideas. How do you get FREE COOLING in the SUMMER!? Take a big mattress like mass outside at night, maybe even near a stream if you have it. this mass could be a big tube of water, or any other hundreds of light weight yet high heat capacity material, like layers of plastic with many air bubbles in between. Bring it inside and out of the sun before it rises and you got free, sustainable cooling.

Passive Solar Primer Sustainable Architecture Is the most recent version of this book of his i found at the Flea Market for 25 cents. The copy i have was published in the 70's, but I almost bet this version is updated.

actually, the one i have is slightly different;
Natural Solar Architecture; A Passive Primer

[edit on 8-2-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah, passive solar is awesome. We get +25C inside on a sunny winters day even when it's -5C outside.

Even when it's cloudy for days we rarely go below 18C without much of any additional heating running.

I definitely recommend this simple home heating technique if you're at the design stage.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

First, forgive me for posting anonymously earlier (Reply posted on 8-2-2009 @ 02:07 AM) as I was just intending to point out to RogerT the shortsightedness of mainstream theorists and to encourage him, and all, to understand the conventional but don't assume it's the only 'game in town.'
But I realize that anonymity is detrimental to the granting of any modicum of validity.
So, to further the discussion:
Redneck, if I may ask? Have you checked Ebay for the inverter to solve your power conversion problem?
I've never heard of dual phase (But then, the more I learn then more I find how much more there is to know!) I do know 220V single phase - common power service to most households in the US - and three phase for commercial applications.
This is the one I use for power conversion 12V DC to 220V AC - single phase -
(cgi.ebay.com... 6366560&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318)
Just be sure you get one tuned for pure sine wave or automatic sine wave - with less than 3% harmonic distortion or any sensitive electronics (computers, tuners, amps, etc) will be subject to serious damage.

RogerT -
My location affords the abundant sunshine (Central Arizona) to make solar practical. And, believe it or not, enough wind on average to warrant an auxiliary wind turbine (If it's a cloudy day - 90% of the time it's also a windy day) Both power generating systems are 'homemade" - you can find the plans to make just about anything on the net with a diligent search. Those two PS charge two deep cycle 12V batteries originally used in tow motor equipment. Their respective and conjunctive controls and safeguards are, again, readily available worldwide.
I do not profess to be an expert in this, or any other field. But as a perpetual student in most area's where theory meets practical application I do, in all modestly, consider myself well read (and still reading).
If you'd like to 'pick my brains' - Well, such as they are anyway - I mean I DID grow up in the early 70's and looking back I'm surprised I have any 'little gray cells' left. That whole decade is just a blur
[Hey, can I take a hit off that? Wow! Look at all the cool colors, man!] - lol
Anyway, I'd be happy to share ideas!

L.E.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join