It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new credit cards and the mark of the beast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
New credit cards are coming out where the signature is being removed and replaced with your pin number. So when you buy products, everything will be confirmed by your pin number, could this be the mark of the beast??
(one reason this could be proved wrong is pin numbers are 4 digits long and the mark of the beast is 666)

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I personally don't believe there is just one form of the "mark", I believe it will be in many forms.

ie - a number, a chip implant, bar codes, etc....

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You use a pin number for your Tyme (ATM) card already, and you can use your pin on a credit card if you withdrawl cash at an ATM.

It seems to be just a measure to prevent credit card theft/fraud, (although the biggest fraud is... credit.
The money doesn't exist,

I feel a true mark of the beast will be verichip. And oh help me God, i will refuse the mark.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Also Just a note, if you are to believe what they say about it being 666 then you would have to believe that it will be in your Hand or Forehead ( at least thats what it says) Sounds like a chip, But I wonder what they thought it was 2000 years ago when it was written, it could be a whole different thing we are not thinkng about

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think it will be a chip. The Bible also says somewhere that God will cause a sore to appear at the site of the mark. That sounds like some kind of battery leak - and the chips will need a power supply in order to function.
If the battery leaks, it will cause a reaction on the skin.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
New credit cards are coming out where the signature is being removed and replaced with your pin number. So when you buy products, everything will be confirmed by your pin number, could this be the mark of the beast??
(one reason this could be proved wrong is pin numbers are 4 digits long and the mark of the beast is 666)

Well, we do know that it is tied to financial transactions. You can't buy or sell unless you have the mark. All of this is just working towards the final version. We have pins in the card so fraud is less likely, then we just implant the card so it won't be lost.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In Canada, everyone uses debit cards with PIN numbers.

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
When VISA first came out... some Catholic religious group tried saying that card was evil, had the mark of the beast all over it...

VI is Roman numerals for 6...

the s... umm... don't remember... but it was another 6 thing...

a is 6 backwards...

Wonder if those same people who swore it was evil have it in their wallets.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I feel it will be a chip.

At a global security conference held on November 21, 2003, in Paris, an American company, Applied Digital Solutions, announced a new syringe-injectable microchip "VeriPay" implant for humans, designed to be used as a fraud-proof payment method for cash and credit-card transactions. The chip implant is being presented as an advance over credit cards and smart cards, which, absent biometrics and appropriate safeguard technologies, are subject to theft, resulting in identity fraud.

VeriPay

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Also, which might interest people, is the theory of the world wide web being the beast. I can't remember the site but it explained that WWW=666 in hebrew *i think* if someone could correct me i would be greatful.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Also, which might interest people, is the theory of the world wide web being the beast. I can't remember the site but it explained that WWW=666 in hebrew *i think* if someone could correct me i would be greatful.

World Wide Web is not a man, or doesn't belong to one specific man. 666 is supposed to be the number of a man (possibly the Antichrist). He is going to be the leader (the 8th head) of the beast.

Read this thread for my theory.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Technically, according to historical facts, the mark of the beast actually isn't really ANYTHING. Revelations was not meant to predict the far off future, it was to give hope to the christians being persecuted at the time, and that's why it was written in code. If the rulers and persecuters realized it was a religious book, they would have burned it and not let anyone read it, but they thought it was just fantasy nonsense.
All the references to dragons and beasts or whatever in that book are actually references to the rulers of Rome at the time. I don't know what the mark of the beast was meant to be in the book truly, but I don't think it meant to predict the future when it was written.

However, that doesn't mean that it won't predict the future. I think it works on a double level, for them AND for us, but just to let you know, it really wasn't written for us, it was written for the people of the time telling them that relief would soon be on it's way. It gets taken out of context and used as something like a book of predictions, but that's not what it really is. At least that's what educated theology teachers have taught me

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostProphet
Technically, according to historical facts, the mark of the beast actually isn't really ANYTHING.

How could historical facts possibly invalidate things that are going to happen in the future?

The mark of the beast isn't anything YET!

new topics

top topics

join