It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

This view of the Biblical Heaven and Hell is a lie taught by the churches. When we die we die and have no conscious existence, and that is in the Bible. Teaching this ideology throws out the ends days completely because they would be irrelevant to establishing the Kingdom of God and the concept of Resurrection on the last trumpet sound. There is indeed a heaven, and Satan was imprisoned to roam and have control of the Earth. Hell is reserved for judgment and the wicked. If the Church does not teach this they can teach the lie of "once saved always saved." Jesus asked for continual repentance in His name, and to always be in prayer, but not worship 24/7. Where in the Bible does it say worship Me(God) 24/7? Where do skeptics get that idea?

EDIT

That being said any of those things or experiences would be demons(aliens/ghosts/apparitions/spirit of a loved/fallen angel) one taking advantage of a human on the verge of death before they pass. Then when they come back they can tell a false tale. Satan loves to pose as an angel of light. *Skeptics need not understand this as they don't believe*

[edit on 1-5-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I cant GET OVER THE PARANOIA on this site everything the bible says is ok but any information from a science source is the illumnati, BS they dont exist either like your god,the devil or any other myth its a convienent excuse like your god think for yourself!

Science has PROOF and evidence religion has STORIES thats all!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

You're not seeing the world as it is meant to be seen. None of us are really. Not until the "End Game" in it's broadest possible definition.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

You're not seeing the world as it is meant to be seen. None of us are really. Not until the "End Game" in it's broadest possible definition.

Wrong I do see the world as it is not through religious ROSE TINTED glasses like you, your born, you live, you die thats the end game!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

How can you be so sure that's the 100% unadulterated truth? Are you really that confident that your own limited perception beats out the millions upon millions of other equally limited perceptions that are out there is the correct one?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

How can you be so sure that's the 100% unadulterated truth? Are you really that confident that your own limited perception beats out the millions upon millions of other equally limited perceptions that are out there is the correct one?

Oddly enough, that's a good question for theists. Why do they think they have the "answer", the one and only truth. With so many different ones out there there should at least be some doubt that they are on the right path.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

That is a good question for anyone who claims to have the answer. Yourself and myself included. In the end it's the question that drives us, not what we think to be the answer.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

That is a good question for anyone who claims to have the answer. Yourself and myself included. In the end it's the question that drives us, not what we think to be the answer.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

I don't know what will happen the next time I die. The last three times was just a blank before they revived me.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I think it's impossible to know for sure once we pass that point never to return. All we ever will have in this life is an endless knot of questions and answers that lead to ever more questions unless one stops questioning.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Funny, I think the same. But religions like Christianity require you to stop thinking and accept things on faith. You know this.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
well, with pictures such as this

www.prophecycorner.theforeverfamily.com...

may as well add this

www.rense.com...

and realizations such as this

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

is it any wonder Christianity is questionable to many,

(ps. though I do not believe the pope is the antichrist, but perhaps he, or one to follow may become the false prophet in satans trinity (antichrist, false prophet, satan).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by distortion9
Major turnoff...

By no means do I want or expect free thought and/or opinion to be restricted because it offends me. But, IMHO there is an anti Christian, anti American vibe here that keeps me from posting.

Here I must point out that America and Christianity are not the same thing! Y'all don't own Christianity. I can quite happily be anti-American (and in some respects I am) and also a Christian (which I am).
They're not the same thing. (I've come across the same bizarre assertion on other sites, including IMDB!!!! How weird is that?)
Before I get accused of "treason", not supporting "our boys in uniform" etc as I have been in the past, take note of my location! Many American posters have ended up shaming themselves thoroughly by assuming I am in Alabammy or something...

Repeat Christianity and America are not the same thing!
edit on 24/1/11 by Vicky32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

may you have the opportunity to have many amrerican christian friends. :

lots of little grannies in alabammy and they know how to pray. i'd get me some of that, if i were you cause you can never have too many good prayers. unless you have a request that no christians from america pray for ya?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Vicky32

lots of little grannies in alabammy and they know how to pray. i'd get me some of that, if i were you cause you can never have too many good prayers. unless you have a request that no christians from america pray for ya?

I don't mind if Christians in America pray for me, but it seems from the warm and friendly response I am getting from right wing Americans here on ATS, many of whom say they're Christian, that they are more likely to curse me...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I often have similar questions. Sometimes I chime in, completely off topic, to ask what satisfaction people get from trying to uproot another's faith.

People have the freedom to choose to believe whatever they want and people that do not agree with their viewpoint have the option to just not comment. If one can see from the thread title and the content of the opening post that they do not agree, why not just click right on to another post? If people are atheists, why are they replying to threads that are based on Christian viewpoints/beliefs? I guess I just don't understand. A respectful debate is one thing, but attacking/trying to debunk another's faith is just plain rude/wrong/pointless.

It is okay to agree to disagree, and most of the time it is better that way!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I visited ATS for a while before joining because a lot of the post were anti God. I decided to join and weed my way through the hatred of God and Christianity. There is a lot of good information on ATS that keeps me informed. It's one thing to not believe in God but it's another to verbally attack anyone that believes in Him. I've noticed several people that go out of their way to attack anyone that post anything positive about God, why?

I had a friend ask me about ATS and I had to warn him first about all the lack of respect for others beliefs and peoples personal attack of God. We forget the lesson we were taught when we were young, "If you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything. I don't defame someone because of their beliefs or lack of belief becase it's common courtesy.

Another point I would like to make - God and any form of His name is to be capitalized.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

reply to post by Vicky32

I don't mind if Christians in America pray for me, but it seems from the warm and friendly response I am getting from right wing Americans here on ATS, many of whom say they're Christian, that they are more likely to curse me...

well i' m not cursing ya. says to bless those who hate you so i'm thinking cursing you will be like, the opposite. lol olive branch, here it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rede2go

Another point I would like to make - God and any form of His name is to be capitalized.

that's just courtesy for our form of english. the original hebrew had no upper or lower case. the only way to distinguish the singular noun from the plural noun were other words in the verse(s) surrounding it. and since the english version doesn't actually reflect the hebrew as accurately as possible, a few english words may add plural where its singular and singular where its plural. i'm assuming that was so because of the jewish scholars that assisted with the translation into english, since their understanding of the original passages would probably be closer to the original than our attempts to show the state of the noun based on very complicated hebrew (that's one intense language). and THAT was a run-on sentence. sorry. lol
edit on 25-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I know it's just a pet peeve of mine. A lot of people will not capitalize God as a form of denying His existence. It's an intentional slight on their part.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

reply to post by Vicky32

well i' m not cursing ya. says to bless those who hate you so i'm thinking cursing you will be like, the opposite. lol olive branch, here it is.

Hey, I don't hate anyone! When I made my post last night, I had just had a tirade of abuse from an American man on another thread... he had truly misundersood me (I hope!) because if he really thought I was having a pop at him, I am very sad about it.
Vicky

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46 >>

join