It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

It's not too late, adigregorio - who knows, as these end days unfold, you never know, you might have a change of heart.

Hell is not a place that anyone should seek out to go. And Heaven being boring? Have you not listened to people talk about dying and 'seeing' the other side - how the feeling inside of them was something beyond words in the vocabulary to describe?

"Boring" is a mankind concept - we aren't able to even imagine what Heaven would be like since our minds don't reach that 'level'. It's something way different from life here on Earth.

Don't give up on it - God works in mysterious ways.

And watchtheashes - you posted the "odds" on prophecy accuracy and I was JUST thinking about that very thing ! I had read it a few days ago on a website somewhere. I do agree with you regarding why people aren't more interested in Heaven, and Jesus.
I mean, we all sit here on ATS discussing supernatural issues, ufos, life on other planets, etc.......... and here we all have a chance to be IN that supernatural world.

As much as the end days scare me, it also excites me. Odd.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The evidence is obvious in a code skeptics inability to find anything like the pro codes researchers. Brendan Mckaye himself is even starting to doubt his skepticism about the codes, and he's the leading PHD certified skeptic.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is physical/scientific/historical proof all rolled up in one discovery.

MashYourMouseHere

It's a two parter but worth the watch.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

It's not too late, adigregorio - who knows, as these end days unfold, you never know, you might have a change of heart.

It is too late for me I broke the unforgivable sin:

Mark 3:22-30 states,

"And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and, 'By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.' …'Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit'" (NKJV, emphasis added / Note: The Pharisees made the same charge in Mat 9:34.).

AND

In Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus says to the Pharisees,

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come" (NKJV, emphasis added).

Sorry, but Hitler can go to heaven if he says "Sorry God, about killing your people." But I can't because I said "Holy Spirit, that is a bunch of @(! ) **Note I have also said: "!(*$& the Holy Spirit" AND "I am blashepming the holy spirit by saying this god, I promise."

I do not want to go to your heaven. And if I go, that is one less person to gloat over while worishipping at gods feet for eternity (Your bible says it, and it is divine, so it must be correct.)

TOPIC ALERT!!

That's right, this thread has a whole different topic! See how the Christians turn topics around? This thread is about "Why there are Christianity Debunking" threads. And in their last 3 to 4 posts none have been on topic, just soapboxes for preaching the "truth".

This is why there are those threads OP, read through your pages and watch. When the lies are spouted, see how many new "debunking threads" were started that day. You folks are fond of corralation/causation (Or is that only when it relates to the bible?)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
These are all websites but have some really good information if you have time to read through them.

ScientificProof

MessianicProphecies

NationProphecies

CreationVsEvolution

Also, for the non believers, or skeptics - God won't fully reveal Himself to anyone unless they seek Him. I.e. He isn't going to place the Bible into your lap for you, and open it up.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Only Jesus can save you, my friend - you have to ask though. And that means, yes, humbling yourself before Him.

I would think that the blasphemy would not mean if the person is angry and spouting off.

Meaning, unless you truly, in your heart believe what you said against the Holy Spirit, if anyone understands, it would be Jesus? Why not talk to Him and go from there.

Your 'tone' puts me in the mind that you feel you are on the 'other side' looking over the fence at the, as you call them "do gooders"? Hon, ALL of us, every person on this planet sins every day. Not a day goes by that we don't. Even after receiving salvation from Jesus. That is where you have to repent, daily if need be, sin for sin. God is only interested in the pure of heart - talk to Jesus and ask Him to work in your heart.

"Do gooders" is the real fairy tale. None of us fall into that category.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhhh a - I just looked........ you're from Cali. All those
earthquakes out there and yall are gonna be falling in the ocean
soon.

It would behoove you to learn how to pray.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Your links are from ONE site, and they use the bible to validate the bible (AKA Historical Hooey)

...as you call them "do gooders"? Hon, ALL of us, every person on this planet sins every day.

Please do not put words into my posts. I never once judged Christians as "do-gooders" I do not judge people.

And still you stay from the topic, I will not take in anymore preaching. You have proven my point that "Preaching causes the 'debunking threads'."

If you want to try to convince me that JC and the Bible are true, go to my thread. But please stop hyjacking this one, I only came in to offer an opinion on the question. My lack of tolerance against 'bad debating' has caused me to contribute to the drifting of topic, and to the readers I apologize.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by nomorecruelty

God is oh so real...but god is not a dictator...doesnt give commands...doesnt intervene....and does not 'judge' you.

Sometimes, God does intervene. If your chosen path will take you to great harm, God may order angels to throw boulders at your feet, that you might make other choices.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Ohhhhhhhh a - I just looked........ you're from Cali. All those
earthquakes out there and yall are gonna be falling in the ocean
soon.

It would behoove you to learn how to pray.

It's a pity prayer doesn't prevent earthquakes, isn't it?

"It's a miracle! 30,000 dead, and yet this little baby survived! God must have been with us!" (And not with the other 30,000, of course.)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

If a judgment is deserved than a Holy (meaning undefiled pure and incapable of lying not torn by sin) being can very well carry it out and only save a baby. Most Christians don't even pray the way Christ taught these days. So all there prayers may be heard, but even some prayer may be an abomination. What's so great about gene splicing, robots, cars, money, big tall buildings that were meant to fall(Illuminati architecture) vanity and pride? Not one thing under the Sun is profitable, only the things under the Son and Lord are. That doesn't necessarily mean that a natural disaster is the work of God, as plate tectonics are a factor. That also doesn't mean that He can't be the cause of it either though. It all comes down to believing. Most people these days don't believe. "God is not willing that any soul should perish, but that all should come to repentance." It could be worse. He could play a game with everyone and not give them a chance to be saved. What if our Creator was like that? Most people don't seem to understand just what Jesus did.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

In the construction trade, that's called "back filling". Most people know it as "rationalization." Either way, the 30K dead are still dead, so it's not much of a miracle.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

...He could play a game with everyone and not give them a chance to be saved. What if our Creator was like that? Most people don't seem to understand just what Jesus did.

You mean a game like this?

Rule 1: No direct proof I exist, but you MUST believe in me (or at least my son, who also has no direct proof)
Rule 2: You must follow all laws I make, even if you are unsure that I made them.
Rule 3: If you do not follow these rules you will burn for eternity.

Sounds like a game to me, a slanted game at that!

PS You folks still are not on topic!

How does anything that is being talked about relate to the reasoning for 'Christian debunking' threads? Other than to validate my hypothosis as to why they are created.

Go to church if you want to preach, or start a preaching thread. It is againt the T&C to continually deter the topic, just because you want to "save" someone from damnation.

The topic is: What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

Or is that too hard to comprehend? How about:

"Why are there a majority (that means most) of threads attempting (That means try) to debunk (That means 'prove' false) Christianity?"

I know I am not a mod, I just hate seeing the "Off topic" Graphic when I am trying to follow a debate.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This thread is about why, on ATS, there has been an increase in the debunking of Christian threads, leading to debunking of Christianity itself.

I think that the increase in interest about the Bible in general and Bible prophesy in particular, is the root cause of the debunking of Christianity.

With the current global financial, health and environmental concerns and issues at the forefront of many peoples minds, fears for the future are on the increase. Much of what we experience in these seemingly auspicious times, appears to correlate with certain passages in the Bible.

Christians hold firm that Bible prophesy has been fulfilled previously and therefore, it is not impossible that it may be again. It seems reasonable that non Christians would want to challenge or question Christians about this.

I suspect that the lack of similar levels of interest in debunking of other faiths' threads here at ATS, is because those faiths and ideologies have not prophesied the issues and concerns facing the world today.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
That and those other holy books don't have any truth to them. Let alone codes, mathematical precision, precise prophecies that need not be interpreted that have come true to a tee. (especially the Messiah prophecies and the refounding of Israel etc.) Obviously prophecy is real. Those were NOT WRONG. What makes the future prophecies NOT WRONG? God.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think the point of debunking Christianity is to point out that what the creationists want to teach in schools is based on mythology mixed with agenda-driven revisionism. The Right and the Church are working together to hijack our schools. That has caused a natural reaction.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm not a creationist at all. I believe in the Creation, but I don't think it might have been in seven literal days.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Islamic schools exist. Jewish schools exist. The pupils taught at all denominational schools receive educations based upon beliefs held and proscribed in those holy books as well as religous tradition.

Yet there isn't a similar renewed interest in debunking these religions nor their methods and practice for disseminating their faith.

That Christianity holds strong the right to free will, invites and respects challenge from non Christians.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I keep hearing others say....the bible is proven through the prophecies.

Let's just look at this for a moment....open the mind if you will, just a smidgen.

First-talking to who????? God???

Channeling 'god' is more like channeling a 'self' of 'you'. Everyone is connected to the prime of divine 'god' through humbleness, seeking, fasting, awareness of ones self, actions, ect....and truly can connect to a 'higher self' that is like a 'prime self'...but I dont think this is the full encompass of 'god' talking to people....it is the higher self, guardian angels or even past or future selves (which can still be a higher self or lower self). God, THEE GOD, The supreme infinite one of all things....is unreachable....this is why there are lower manifestations that can connect us with our divine self. We all are loved and watched. I have witnessed the power of angels, and pretty much, I dont think there is anything they cant do...but I am not sure they really intervene as in 'fixing' things because the most important thing for us to do here besides awakening to our nature and what we are is to ACCEPT and COPE with a humble heart.

The people of the OT-

In the OT we see a sifting through old gods to new gods. If you research history, one can easily see there are traditions that move from one culture to the next, there are certain days that are considered holy and get used from one culture to the next, there were cultures making 'laws' that have similarities from one culture to the next, there are even fantastical creatures that get used in spiritual beliefs with similar origins from one culture to the next, even similar stories of the main happenings move from culture to culture with little change. It is not hard to see how many traditions the OT carried over from a former culture and we also see man y in the OT that do not seem to be of a humbled nature, many times killing, taking foreign wives (which in the bible was not considered right), many wives, trading inheritance, tricking for a inheritance, seeking a epod (stones) for answers, and what seems to be 'supernatural' events. We see this demanding god who is jealous and forces his way with the people in bribing them with land.

Many actions in the OT created negative energies. One can not expect that 'god' would come through to these men day after day while all of this unholy actions were taking place. And besides, god does not intervene thsi way....what is is what is....if you think god must intervene...then you assume gods plan and makings are not perfect already....you are having a hard time accepting life as it is and therefor you find it satisfying and hopeful that god intervenes. The one intervening in the OT is a lower vibration of power/ruler who needs energy from us to be with us. This lower power is the power of flesh/ego/pride/greed ect....it only exists to us while we are in the body of flesh....it is our other voice in our minds that lures us take the easy way out. This is the same voice Jesus would of fought with, inside his own mind while being in the flesh, that tempts the spirit to take the easy way. This is a lower self of all of us, any spirit within the flesh body has this voice. Ones raising, environment and personality may make one more prone to listen to the voice of flesh or listen more to the voice of spirit. This voice has always been known, but within the last couple thousand years, it has lived as the name of Satan. We all have this adversary and it is our very own, connected to our own decisions and temptations.

Many men in the OT were channeling their lower self....this is why the prideful and jealous 'self' came through to them....but they took it to be 'god'.

And those great prophecies-

So how hard is it to set up a scene that can foretell the future?? Is it really that hard. Divide the people, take a land from a nation of people, convince yourself that you are deserving to that land no matter what, until the end of time....and you have a forever ongoing war between two people. The bible sets up a battle scene all the way until the end of the book.....by saying there is a special land and people. This is a set up with awful bloody dark consequences. I really think they for the most part did believe this 'inner' voice was god telling them to kill families and take this land. The only way one can dare understand this was not the infinite creator above and within all things is to seek the nature of what god is and what makes Thee god.

Think about humans primal actions, such as loosing tempers, seeking revenge because they cant forgive, being greedy in the body of flesh, being prideful about being 'special'....and you can start to see what god is NOT. God is perfect, consistent, prime, pure, unblemished, holy, divine, all the attributes that humans are not while in the flesh due to our perception of 'we are separate'. God is not in a battle of a flesh and spirit like we are....God is not tempted to anger, to revenge, to not forgive, to be greedy or prideful of certain people or land. God is a force of life, perfect in every way. The awesomeness of God makes a way for all things to recycle through, reaping what is sown, allowing us to learn through our own actions through recycling. This is not a 'choice' of god...IT IS GOD...God is order.

When the ego of man takes hold, and greed and pride set in that they are special and believe god has told them to do things NOT of gods nature...then we have the tales of the OT showing their true light. The idea that god told men to take land, kill people in the process and to consider themselves 'special' is the main ingredients for a recipe of prophecies that are seeming to be true. We have seen the wars, we have seen the division last and still the wall of division is keeping humanity from unity. The ego voice of men in the OT has surely set the stage for what seems to be 'divine works' because prophecies are seeming to be coming true. I do not see it hard to understand why these tellings have came true....the stage was perfectly set for the 'play' to unfold.

Then people say...well the messiah is true, that came true, it was prophesied and came true. But yet, they dont want to look down the rabbit hole and wonder why Jesus taught such different teachings. They dont want to look at why Jesus does not make it CLEAR that he is their sacrifice. They dont want to look at why the ones who foretold of a messiah did not except Jesus as the messiah. The story gets written making Jesus something he was not. The truth is in between the lines of the greatness of the man Jesus and the mind complex of Jesus can be reached and can comfort us, guide us, help us accept and cope with life. But the blood ritual of blood sacrifice blemishes the nature of Jesus and God so much so that one may become very lost in their way of 'who they are'. Jesus tells you, you and I are one....my body is your body, we are of the same fabric...you can even do greater things then I....my father and I are one.....therefor....our father and us are one....everything is ONE with all. Jesus saw this and this is why Jesus lived the way he lived. Jesus knew, harming another, was the same as harming himself....or even, harming God, the one within all things. Jesus knew he was a spiritual being, battling the flesh, to remain unblemished by it and to return righteous. In the process of living such a life....your other selves learn great things from you....about love. Nothing can conquer love. We may buck it the rest of our lives, only to find out, we were bucking our own self, our own being, denying what we were or are.

There are two natures in the bible, flesh and spirit...which is why it is the greatest book for learning about the two natures. BUT!!!!!! Many believe both of these natures are attributes of the Infinite Creator....who only vibrates in love and is not capable of the lower attributes.

LV

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Islamic schools exist. Jewish schools exist. The pupils taught at all denominational schools receive educations based upon beliefs held and proscribed in those holy books as well as religous tradition.

Yet there isn't a similar renewed interest in debunking these religions nor their methods and practice for disseminating their faith.

That Christianity holds strong the right to free will, invites and respects challenge from non Christians.

All moves to insert religion into science classes in public schools should be and are challenged. And if you don't believe that Islam and Judaism haven't been debunked your view is just being blocked by sand in front of your eyes.

If you want to send your kids to a religion-based/biased school, go for it. It means they won't be able to compete as well with the kids who received a real science education. Educational Darwinism.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join