It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Who knows? Their attempts are in vain anyway. People have been trying to debunk Christianity since Christ began his mission more than 2000 years ago.

And look at it now; It's bigger than ever.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
Before I begin tearing holes in posters and their posts, I thought I would ask this question of the site members.

Why is it happening, and why is it ok?

Because this was Declared to happen. Why is it okay? Because people should NEVER put the trust of their lives into the hands of a man. It is foolish... very unwise.

There is only One G.d!! Jesus, the man, was deception. Look at what he has accomplished for world! Ridiculous that anyone couldn't logically see the deception. Of course, the decption is exposed in the Tanakh (the NOW Testament). It speaks AGAINST Jesus or any man as being declared G.d; but it specifically declares Jesus, the man, as a false shepherd using the Word (which is the prophet and our Saviour) to falsely prophesy and deceive!

[edit on 7-2-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Who cares.

Honestly.

Let people believe what they wan't to believe.

I believe that penguins are the true gods, and they are a highly intelligent species. Where do you think Unidentified Submergeable Objects come from?

Let it go. Just let it go. Breath deeply, and say to yourself, it really does not matter what other people think and chances are I'll never be able to change their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Who knows? Their attempts are in vain anyway. People have been trying to debunk Christianity since Christ began his mission more than 2000 years ago.

And look at it now; It's bigger than ever.

But this will come to an end so that mankind is no longer able to be controlled by freely submitting to something through deception. G.d has declared it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Who cares.

Honestly.

Let people believe what they wan't to believe.

I believe that penguins are the true gods, and they are a highly intelligent species. Where do you think Unidentified Submergeable Objects come from?

Let it go. Just let it go. Breath deeply, and say to yourself, it really does not matter what other people think and chances are I'll never be able to change their beliefs.

I am fine, I assure you. But thank you for the concern. If you don't care, then why even say something about my voicing what I know? That is kind of hypocritical, no?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
Before I begin tearing holes in posters and their posts, I thought I would ask this question of the site members.

Why is it happening, and why is it ok?

Because this was Declared to happen. Why is it okay? Because people should NEVER put the trust of their lives into the hands of a man. It is foolish... very unwise.

There is only One G.d!! Jesus, the man, was deception. Look at what he has accomplished for world! Ridiculous that anyone couldn't logically see the deception. Of course, the decption is exposed in the Tanakh (the NOW Testament). It speaks AGAINST Jesus or any man as being declared G.d; but it specifically declares Jesus, the man, as a false shepherd using the Word (which is the prophet and our Saviour) to falsely prophesy and deceive!

What do you hope to achieve by trying to destroy peoples faith?

Can you tell me one evil thing Jesus taught? Name one.

Do his teachings not show humanity how to love above all? Love your neighbor as yourself, and love God with all you heart, soul, mind and strength.

Please help me see the deception because I do not see it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You'll note there are questions about Christianity, the Bible, the Christ Himself, on and on.

Do you also note no threads on Muhammed, Islam, and the other books of Bukhari, Tabari, Muslim, etc.?

And if one starts getting specific on any of the specific teachings of Islam and the fraud that Muhammed was, the threads will often enough be shut down.

After all, ATS is not about hate.

Attacking Christianity is good to go.

Attacking Islam is hatred.

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

and like most kids with most sports, can only play it ont he computer

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What do you hope to achieve by trying to destroy peoples faith?

Can you tell me one evil thing Jesus taught? Name one.

Do his teachings not show humanity how to love above all? Love your neighbor as yourself, and love God with all you heart, soul, mind and strength.

Please help me see the deception because I do not see it.

What would you have to gain by allowing people to blindly believe something false that has been used to manipulate and deceive them?

Yes... one thing..

Here is a great summery a good friend of mine posted up.. he says it much better than I could:

"Yes, there was something Jesus did, which I wish he had not done, because it does
not represent well the People he belonged to.

Once a Gentile Canaanite mother was crying after him, asking for her daughter to be cured, and Jesus would not give a damn to her. His disciples told him to do something for that woman or discard her, because she was making them go crazy with her no-stop crying.

What did Jesus say? I haven't come for Gentiles but ONLY for the House of Israel. Then, kept on going and the woman kept on crying and following him.

When he couldn't take any longer, he stopped and told her: Hey, listen, what do you want from me? To cure my daughter Master. No way, I cannot take of the food of the children and throw it unto the dogs.

He meant the Jews for the children, and the Gentiles for the dogs. But only after the woman understood and recognized her condition of dog, by saying that the dogs also feed from the crumbles that fall from the table of the children, Jesus saw that he would never get rid of that woman. So, he changed his mind and cured her
daughter. Then, to erase a little the impression left on her for being forced to recognize her doggy condition, he mentioned something about her strong faith and left.

That was terrible, if we can imagine what that poor woman went through till she got
what she wanted. The text is in Matthew 15:21-28."

So, you tell me.... does that show humanity how to love each other?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Im thinking alot of posters on ATS are from the west,and christianity is prevalent in our society so its obviously going to be more common than bashing sikhism.As for debunking christianity,it does that all itself with more contradictions you can shake a stick at.People who believe in Invisible entities with super powers is always going to garner alot of attention when it comes to ATS since the motto is deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
You'll note there are questions about Christianity, the Bible, the Christ Himself, on and on.

Do you also note no threads on Muhammed, Islam, and the other books of Bukhari, Tabari, Muslim, etc.?

And if one starts getting specific on any of the specific teachings of Islam and the fraud that Muhammed was, the threads will often enough be shut down.

After all, ATS is not about hate.

Attacking Christianity is good to go.

Attacking Islam is hatred.

Go figure.

Well, first of all, I am not attacking people.. I am attacking false beliefs.
I believe in G.d, but I do not think someone has to KNOW Him to be a good person... I mean, He exists with you all now and this does not need to be recognized for His existence to continue.

The others do... without the false beliefs being spread, the men and the control of those who exhort them would no longer exist and this is a good thing!!

I speak against christianity because I grew up in it... so, I am able to help release others from the chains in which keeps them controllable to those who would seek to use them for their gain.

Not to mention... all these religions only divide, no? So.. how is that any good? People are dying for these false faiths even now.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

LMFAO wow. That interpretation of the actual events is so skewed I'm not even gonna bother with it. It's so ridiculous its laughable.

BTW, good job nitpicking certain parts of the gospel to fit your criteria.

I'd recommend anyone reading this should read the entirety of the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Then decide for yourself.

I hope you have fun with your "mission" of trying to debunk Christ, justamomma. I'm sure you wont get anywhere with it. But hey, I guess everyone needs something to keep their lives entertaining.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To the OP, You have to understand these people.
They get mad when "christains" shove the bible down there throats.
But they try to make everyone believe at the same time that there is no "god".
Me? If i don't believe in a religion then i don't follow it...its that simple.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And why are there so many Atheism debunking threads?

What? Doesn't it go both ways? C'mon now, that wouldn't be very Christian.

Learn to take back what you dish out.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If you had of read most the replies of people in other various threads its because of alot of reason. Im not hate mongering you, but just giving you various insight into views that some of us have towards not only Christianity, but any religion.

Firstly its a huge tool of control for the general populace. Obey these rules and lead happy lives, but if you disobey them, you will ROT in ETERNITY. This word represents forever, there is no if, buts or any justice if its forever... There is absolutely nothing that can outweigh this. Forever suffering, in pain with no chance of being redeemed is in itself the worst torture and enduring form that could only ever be placed upon us by something of total evil.

While I know its supposedly the devil that would induce such a punishment (From the religious point of view), im quite certain that nothing ever is absolute apart from souls, which since I have never died, apart from near death experiences(asthma) im quite certain that no one else ever has.

Next is the pure fact that this Jesus character (And God, etc) has only ever been really heard of from 1. Our parents/guardians/religious folk/and etc, 2. the bible, a book which just like any other book is printed words which can be changed at whim and etc.

But for myself and a multitude of people we have never experienced any contact with him/them and this bible supposedly is what we must obey or be eternally damned in huge suffering and pain, unto which is quite a big effort for even a almighty entity for eternity, let alone with billions upon billions of people, non-believers (Who obviously may have not even known about this god/bible/etc in the first place)..

Anyway suffice it to say, that there are so many variables in the puzzle that is christianity that it would be foolish to even consider that somehow this must be all 100% true, and all accounts that have not even been backed up by proof apart from a book and fellow humans "telling you" should account for anything.

I mean say for example, that I tell you there is an invisible dog that follows me around. Is it there? I sure as heck tell you it is. But will you believe me? You cannot hear it, or feel it if it were to bite you. But just as a Christian priest woudl tell me that God exists and he is talking, or even biting me.. I cannot feel it.

While I honestly would love a god that exists to 'love and care' for me... Why is there so much suffering in this world for same said loving and caring god. Children being hurt in unspeakable ways, people dying from hideous diseases while others are using their power to advantage themselves in monetary ways and all the above. Life is a lesson, and no entity can control you, just like a mental illness... Those poor people that commit crimes based on it... Sinful crimes, are they to blame? Eternity of pain and etc, despite maybe their physical brains just cannot act 'normal' or etc.

Sorry for the long post but trying to prove a loving and caring God exists is as useful as me trying to prove my invisible dog which you cannot see, feel or hear exists as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I will tell you why I have said anything negative about the religion.

It confuses me why people go to church and give money just to pray as if it is mandatory.

Even though the real lessons of religion are good, there has also been PLENTY of times through out history and now where corruption takes over and bad things occur.

Many "hard-core" Christians I know (from family) have very myopic views. They could not even understand me if I tell them my own views. While nice people, very self-centered on views.

I think religious type leaders such as the pope and Vatican are complete jokes. Not the people themselves, but the idea of it.

Lastly, I do not see why people can not just live their life without the fear of going to an imaginary place called hell if they do not go to church and pay up some money.

Every single Christian I know are not bad folks. Almost every single one I know are very nice people. The teachings of the bible have also saved many lives. BUT - I still think with all of my views stated before, religion is a joke.

It is not every Christian. Just most. The thing with ATS though is that many of us are the exception of the rule so generalizations don't go by easy here.

Some of my own morales and quotes have come from the bible itself. As I said before...organized religion - bleh.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

LMFAO wow. That interpretation of the actual events is so skewed I'm not even gonna bother with it. It's so ridiculous its laughable.

BTW, good job nitpicking certain parts of the gospel to fit your criteria.

I perceive you to be someone who likes to use religion to control others, no? Else, why would you only attempt to belittle someone for answering your question?

What is laughable is your inability to come up with a better reply than that.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester
To the OP, You have to understand these people.
They get mad when "christains" shove the bible down there throats.
But they try to make everyone believe at the same time that there is no "god".
Me? If i don't believe in a religion then i don't follow it...its that simple.

I absolutely believe in G.d, so this is false. And it has nothing to do with people pushing the Bible in my face. I wholeheartedly embrace the Tanakh and love any opportunity to show those who would control others (via guilt, shame, and fear) how their attached NT is not based at all in the Tanakh..

If I can help to set a person free from lies, then that is one less bigot and illogical person in the world.

BY the way, G.d is not a religion and thus, why I do not believe that it is necessary to acknowledge Him. I think it is wise.. but He is obviously not cruel and punishing to you if you don't since you still are living.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well this statement shows how well you can read people.

I don't really follow any religion. I read the Gospel for what it is and believe in the Good News.

So no, I don't need religion to control anyone. What I would like to see is for humanity to follow Christs two most important commandments: love your neighbor as yourself, and love God with you whole heart, mind, soul and strength.

I'm not gonna waste my time arguing doctrines. I used to do that years ago on BTS. There are threads and posts of mine from years back if you wanna see for yourself.

I have since decided a long time ago to no longer waste my precious time like that as I see how pointless it is.

[edit on 2/7/2009 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well this statement shows how well you can read people.

I don't really follow any religion. I read the Gospel for what it is and believe in the Good News.

So no, I don't need religion to control anyone. What I would like to see is for humanity to follow Christs two most importance commandments: love your neighbor as yourself, and love God with you whole heart, mind, soul and strength.

I'm not gonna waste my time arguing doctrines. I used to do that years ago on BTS. There are threads and posts of mine from years back if you wanna see for yourself.

I have since decided a long time ago to no longer waste my precious time like that as I see how pointless it is.

Not good enough... you should address the answer I gave to your question. That is bs since I was courteous enough to acknowledge it... now, you ignore and sidetrack.

Nope... back up and tell me why my answer was wrong according to you... else, you should acknowledge that Jesus had a terrible "oops" moment!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join