It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soccer ball is deflected by invisible object in MID AIR around 18ft up

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Very misleading video.

In this kick, if you look from a bird's point of view, you will see that the ball is actually curving side to side while it's coming down.

I've seen sharper curves in tennis when I was in the audience lol.

www.youtube.com...

same idea

notice the way the ball is placed

go get a football, point the valve towards you, take a run up and smash the valve as hard as you can with the top of your foot and see what happens

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A breaking ball that breaks like its on rails is truly fun to watch.

Check this video on a breaking soccer ball and how to do it.

www.expertvillage.com...

From a fastball to a soccerball; The wind currents of the day.

That ball had some top spin on it that caused it to to break sharply to the ground.

And if it was a statement of the unseen, what statement would have been delivered without a message?

Sometimes, that which is commonplace to the sportsman is a phenom to the comman man.

Nice breaking ball Goaly. A little less top spin next time so that we dont have 11 pages in a conspiracy forum lol.

Peace

[edit on 8-2-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
1. I will use the word "soccer" here rather than the correct term: "football" (I am English but will defer to Soccer for this US Website).

Okay let's look at some stupid logic:

All soccer balls are round
UFOs are round
Some soccer balls are UFOs
Sorry... but honestly people...

So - we have a video of someone kicking a soccer ball.
The ball acts weird in the air, very very weird.
And so - what causes it: An invisible UFO

Let's look at this logic:

All soccer balls when kicked can fly
Most of the time the path is easy to determine
Soccer balls that suddenly fly with a flattened trajectory are hitting invisible UFOs.

Brilliant.

I prefer the old fashioned logic thing:

All soccer balls when kicked can fly
Most of the time the path is easy to determine
Other times it's not.

Get a bloody life people.

BTW - I know for a fact that all Invisible UFOs that hover over soccer matches only hover over those where Beckham is playing.

TTFN

Hilarious!

Rob.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Extra Ordinary!

Nothing more!

and this makes the front page?
shame on us!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ad a %100 believer i gotta say that ball did not display anything to indicate it hit something invisible above the field .

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Just had to say, MoonMine, you've done a fantastic job.

I've seen and played a lot of football and seen a lot of brilliant curve balls. How anyone can write the video off as a curve ball is beyond me. As if it weren't enough to have the original video in slo-mo showing a clear, angled deflection, MoonMine then went to the trouble of doing screen grabs to show compression of the ball. Dismissing it as a digital artefact makes no sense. We can see the motion blur, then suddenly for a frame or two there's a complete change, and then back to motion blur. Why would there be such a sharp change if it was merely a gust of wind taking effect?

Alaskan's posts are both rude and unhelpful: we've all seen curve balls before - as for that volleyball clip that was posted twice, why bother? It wasn't interesting the first time.

And as for the poster who said there was zooming involved... the cameraman was panning and the ball was moving away from him. There's no zooming at all.

This is a place for bizarre stuff to be picked over, but the extent to which people can deny the evidence of their own eyes is bizarre. The ball unmistakably looks as if it hit something. Why a UFO would be hovering over a football game is beyond me. Maybe it was keeping an eye on someone they've abducted, who knows? Or maybe they need a striker for their next away game against Gamma Reticuli. Whatever.

But neither spin nor a gust of wind offer a sensible explanation. MoonMine is only saying that it looks as if the ball hit something. He's right: it does.

They should have tried kicking a ball up there again.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
One other thing...curve balls are known as curve balls because they curve, not because they angle. What happens is that as the ball speed is reduced due to air friction, the spin has a greater effect on the path of the ball. This takes effect quickly - too quickly for a player to react to if done correctly - but not suddenly as if the ball hit something. There may be a swift increase in the rate of change of direction as the ball's speed dips below a critical level, but it won't be discontinuous.

Hence the term "curve ball".

Also, once a curve ball has started to curve, it keeps on curving. It doesn't travel in an almost straight line, change direction at an angle very suddenly, and then immediately resume an almost-straight-line path. Doesn't happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
reply to post by alaskan

Ye you are absolutely right the ball did have spin on it that’s obvious but that sharp movement from it isn’t caused by spin of the ball

also i saw a video very similar to this a while ago but it was during an American Football match where the same thing happened the ball was half way through the air and it just dropped suddenly it was pretty odd

sadly I have absolutely no explanation for these types of occurrences

That's because you obviously don't watch baseball.

You ever seen a curve ball? A Slider? a Knuckle Ball? One that actually drops in mid air? It's all because of the spin the Pitcher puts on it.

It is beautiful to watch, and feels majestic to perform, but alas, it is simple physics.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
One other thing...curve balls are known as curve balls because they curve, not because they angle. What happens is that as the ball speed is reduced due to air friction, the spin has a greater effect on the path of the ball. This takes effect quickly - too quickly for a player to react to if done correctly - but not suddenly as if the ball hit something. There may be a swift increase in the rate of change of direction as the ball's speed dips below a critical level, but it won't be discontinuous.

Hence the term "curve ball".

Also, once a curve ball has started to curve, it keeps on curving. It doesn't travel in an almost straight line, change direction at an angle very suddenly, and then immediately resume an almost-straight-line path. Doesn't happen.

No but Knuckle Balls do....

Check out this video on how to knuckle a soccer ball

[edit on 9-2-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

wrong...no way is that spin..

this has been discussed before and its probably hitting some wire meshing above the pitch..maybe to hold lights..you can even see the wires as they vibrate after being hit..!!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by alienesque]

[edit on 9-2-2009 by alienesque]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Alaskan's posts are both rude and unhelpful: we've all seen curve balls before - as for that volleyball clip that was posted twice, why bother? It wasn't interesting the first time.

I'm sorry there weren't any invisible ufos in the video to make it more interesting for you, but the ball does the same exact thing as in the soccer video. I posted it multiple times because people are obviously ignoring it.

The ball goes up and then angles sharply down. More sharp than the soccerball does.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Erm, Anyone who watches this footage will realise it is not of a soccer game but a rugby match. At the end of the clip you can clearly see that the soccer goalposts are actually Rugby posts. But most importantly, the ball is oval (the same shape as an american football). The ball did not hit anything other than lovely fresh air. What you are seeing is the natural movement of a kicked rugby ball as it swivels and twist through the air. I can't believe people have been speculating on this so much, get a life and get a knowledge of non-American sports. LOL,

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

NO UFO here: if you look closely at the grass the apparent sudden change in direction of the ball corresponds to a sudden change in direction with the camera movement...
What happened here I'm afraid is just a optical illusion created by the camera's automatic zooming out and quick panning to the right following the ball as it speeds off...this gives the illusion of the ball changing path / direction.
This same optical illusion is present in some STS videos too.
UFOs DO and theres plenty of evidence that some are extraterrestrial in origin.
but optical ullusions also do exist...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KrisFromGenk

no i meant the wire.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
do you think the ball hit the thin wire in which tv cameras go across the pitch?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus187
Extra Ordinary!

Nothing more!

and this makes the front page?
shame on us!

yes exactly, this is pathetic there are this many pages of posts on this here on ats

it in a way, at least to me, is a good way to show how ats is possibly in a state of decline

basically use logics

the ball supposedly hits a barrier

ok, whoever believes this, go to a gym, get the exact angle to the wall that this kid was to the barrier and throw the ball at the wall,

then you'll find out, you turned the wall into a invisible barrier

or that you turned your ball into a ufo with little green aliens inside that look like the little green alien inside of the guys head from men in black

or your ball was really a ufo this whole time and wilson's ball company only makes balls as a cover and all the balls are just really ufos

the ats member in me will stick with the wilson conspiracy

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

the camera is clearly zooming out my friend. Look at it again. It zooms and pans, then the zoom stops and the pan continues for a lil bit.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

but not suddenly as if the ball hit something.

Ive played enough sports, and seen enough balls that break like they are train rails to know that this was just some damm good spin.

Nothing more.

Peace

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join