It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soccer ball is deflected by invisible object in MID AIR around 18ft up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
An amateur soccer game in the evening which someone is filming with a DV.

One of the players kicks the ball long. In the start of its flight, the ball gets deflected by an unseen barrier.

This is an older video, but there does not seem to be much discussion about it anywhere. Available in high quality.

One could argue a sudden gust of wind, but I contend that a gust of wind capable of taking kinetic energy out of a ball like that, it would have brought players off balance. Maybe a vortex?

Or is there maybe something to the theories that ufos are indeed all around us in the UV spectrum?

Maybe ufos like soccer?

MoonMine

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Or is there maybe something to the theories that ufos are indeed all around us in the UV spectrum?

I don't even watch soccer and it's obvious that the ball just had some spin on it. There really isn't even much "deflection" to be seen, if any.

*edit- exactly the same but with a volleyball

Look at all THIS alien intervention...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Maybe take a break from the internet for a while.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Ye you are absolutely right the ball did have spin on it that’s obvious but that sharp movement from it isn’t caused by spin of the ball

also i saw a video very similar to this a while ago but it was during an American Football match where the same thing happened the ball was half way through the air and it just dropped suddenly it was pretty odd

sadly I have absolutely no explanation for these types of occurrences the only thing I can come up with is they are fake because a far as I can see the players don’t take any notice to the ball after it was deflected and the same thing in the American Football video a while ago which you would expect at least someone on the field or in the crown to notice but no nothing

i'll try and find that American Football video aswell

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

I don't even watch soccer and it's obvious that the ball just had some spin on it. There really isn't even much "deflection" to be seen, if any.

Well, if you did watch soccer maybe you would know that spin on the ball is put there by kicking the ball with the inside or outside of the foot, and the amount of spin is determined by the angle of attack.

The ball can spin backwards (when punted or struck low) to give it an elevation effect.
The ball can spin right-to-left when placing spin on it with the inside of the foot (righty)
The ball can spin left-to-right when placing spin on it with the outside of the foot (righty)

The ball can behave erratically when struck with the tip of the foot below centre, left or right.

What the ball cannot do is stop its upward path and continue on a flatter plan down. The spin to achieve that would have to be forward spin, and to achieve that, you would need to strike the ball above centre. If you hit the ball above center, it would not leave the ground.

Maybe take a break from the internet for a while.

Maybe take a break from snide remarks and think before you post for a while.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe by being kicked a certain way the spin and rotation of the ball changed directions. Kinda like how a pitcher puts spin on the ball to create a curve ball.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Calling that "sharp movement" and saying it's unexplainable is completely ridiculous.

I don't even need to explain why, anyone with a brain can figure it out after watching any number of videos of baseball, pingpong, football/soccer, volleyball, golf, or other ball sport curve shots.

I've personally accidentally hit pingpong balls into way sharper corners than that, and I've never suspected a ufo to be the culprit.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thats perfectly normal movement for a ball.
Its caused by the spin.
Nothing out of the ordinary here.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I doubt this is a fake, but if there are strong indications it is, I would like to know how it was faked... What I see is that the ball gets deflected to a flatter plane, and that it is too subtle and quick for anyone in the field to react to it.

The guy (Adam Scheibeler) who posted it on youtube was the actual maker (from the comments).

And even though he put the word UFO in the title (how I found it), he is not pushing it or hyping it. He has made two comments so far. If this were fake, he would have invested a lot of time and would probably be sensationalizing it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

What the ball cannot do is stop its upward path and continue on a flatter plan down. The spin to achieve that would have to be forward spin, and to achieve that, you would need to strike the ball above centre. If you hit the ball above center, it would not leave the ground.

Ok, so what if the ball spun after it got kicked to either side? Is that impossible?
It doesn't matter that I don't know a thing about soccer. Soccer balls aren't the only thing this action applies to.

I'm sorry if you're easily offended, but it's hard to even put words to how silly this argument is.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lol i got all excited then thinking something mad was gonna happen, but nah man i wouldnt even put it down to spin of the ball, it looks like its hit a strong gust of wind, i def wouldnt call it dramatic. Nevermind tho

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Maybe by being kicked a certain way the spin and rotation of the ball changed directions. Kinda like how a pitcher puts spin on the ball to create a curve ball.

I totally agree with you that in baseball delayed spin can be put on the ball to create a sinker. In soccer this just is not possible because the ball starts on the ground.

If anyone can show me anything where a ball starts out of a plat plane into a 30 degree or more angle and suddenly drops out of its regular plane because of spin and continues on that flat plane until it lands I will fold.

Please watch the moment of the contact of the foot with the ball.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You realize his foot is still on the ball after it leaves the ground right?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Before making the spin argument please consider

He strikes the ball below center at a direct angle. Look how he pulls his leg straight back and makes a regular lob into the outfield.

No spin.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You realize his foot is still on the ball after it leaves the ground right?

But not on the side, nor above center.

That can easily be shown, I do not have the software nor the knowledge to do so, please help if you do know how to capture frames.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Watch the videos I posted of balls curving to either side and apply that to a ball that spun a little and headed up and then towards the ground, instead of to the right and then the left.

Gravity would probably help a little there too.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Don't be sad, we all get bamboozled sometime.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Watch the videos I posted of balls curving to either side and apply that to a ball that spun a little and headed up and then towards the ground, instead of to the right and then the left.

Gravity would probably help a little there too.

If you can find a video of a soccer ball showing exactly the same effect and I promise not to call it a colission. I must agree that spin can change direction, but only when it is applied correctly. Again, watch the way the ball is struck.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Look at all THIS alien intervention...
www.youtube.com...

Exactly as expected

www.youtube.com...

Great video showing extreme curving. Please watch how the ball is struck to the extreme as well and then compare. Nothing like it. No sinkers by the way.

www.youtube.com...

Basebal slow curve. Not applicable for reasons mentioned before.

Thanks for posting these, I loved the second one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join