It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know a Lazy American?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This person even burned his familial bridges. He stole from his brother and now he wrote him off, he stole his mothers .45 lever action rifle and pawned it for $80 and never made an effort to reclaim the rifle or even tell his mother when the rifle had been pawned. So he burned that bridge too. No, this guy skipped out and will likely not return, as he has no recourse or resource here.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_noxMen take losing a job far harder then women do.

Not too sure I buy that. It's been repeated quite a bit, but I doubt it's truth.

I know a guy who has been on disability for 30 years because he blew his mind out on drugs back in the day. He is perfectly physically capable of bagging groceries though.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I hate paying my hard earned money to feed these types of people. As a matter of fact these pieces of filth thing they deserve the money I make. I make roughly 17 dollars an hour and I work 18 hours a day for possibly 9 months a year in the gulf of mexico. So I am sorry I do not feel I need to feed these people especially when I could offer people like that a job all day long and they would never take it because " insert lame pussy excuse here ". The worst part of it is these pukes have milked the system dry and I am possibly facing a lay off and where is it going to be for me? You answer that question You bleeding heart liberals where is my help going to be? Well guess what its going to crash and the welfare scum are going to be beating on my door for food. So guess what they will receive no sympathy from me and if they happen to get violent I have tools to handle that......

These pukes need to get with reality .... Look at mother nature.... Look at life .... The animal kingdom would not put up with these types of things. Man kind is the only animal that feeds the inept and allows them to out breed them.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
No, but I know a few awful judgmental ones.

peace

Then you must know me!
Whee hee... my new defensive little buddy.

The word we're looking for here is PARASITE.

I'm proud to judge the parasites. Why the hell should anybody feel sheepish or apologetic about telling it as it is?
I am of the opinion that he who would defend this type of determined laziness and sloth at the expense of others is living in a similar way....or used to do so ....or plans on it in the future.

peace

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hear ya Slayer, I know plenty of lazy americans, but I also know lazy guatemaleans, indians, mexicans, canadians, germans, and others. My definition of lazy is someone who won't do anything to better themselves, and spends their time doing things that don't benefit them or anyone else, while living off the generosity of others.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yeah I know of several that have ruined their lives, their kids lives,
and had their kids taken from them and turned over to DHS.

I have seen the police chase them through my neighborhood
and have to fire on them with guns to get the vehicle stopped.

One of the vehicles crashed and burned 200 ft. from my house,
and the suspect got out with weapon in hand and they killed him
right there on the spot.

In Oklahoma if you brandish a weapon near police it is not going
to end well for you.

I have been lazy at times, but I do not expect other ppl to pay
for it, and I would not put a family through what you described
if I had one.

I have quit two high paying jobs for what I felt was fair reasons,
and my house and car is paid off. I was in Cuba for a year on
one, and the other was killing me via mandantory graveyard
shift and inability to sleep in my noisy neighborhood during the day.

I have it in my mind that I better enjoy my time off while I can
because what is in store for us in the future we will not see
social security, and more likely we will not see the USA we have known.

I have never felt I could handle having a family due to what
my parents were like, and I do not do well under constant stress.

I tend to lose my temper, so no family for me.

I like to help ppl, and I like to make a difference, and I like
most ppl I meet, but I have a low tolerance for crying, whining,
throwing tantrums, and ppl blowing my money on frivolity.

Ppl taking advantage me and I fly into a rage.

I believe in "spare the rod, you spoil the child" and that will just end
badly with the government taking my kids.

So I will prolly die with no immediate family.

I am ok with it, and it is prolly for the better in my case.

As badgerprints said, I am lazy sometimes, but I have never been
a parasite as an adult.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
This person even burned his familial bridges. He stole from his brother and now he wrote him off, he stole his mothers .45 lever action rifle and pawned it for $80 and never made an effort to reclaim the rifle or even tell his mother when the rifle had been pawned. So he burned that bridge too. No, this guy skipped out and will likely not return, as he has no recourse or resource here.

My brother was like that when he was on drugs, and that is more
of why I do not seek to have a family.

This world is one that raising a kid in is like a damn minefield.

Somoene would do or say something to my kid and I'd be in prison.

Between gangs, drugs, peer pressure, bullies, and pedophiles it is
more like some biblical end times than some time to raise a child.

Good Luck to those who are doing it !

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

There were no drugs involved here. He did the frequent smoking thing, but by my own experience that is not what makes a lazy human being, you have to have those traits in you already, the use only enhances that which is already there.

He would often lecture my girlfriend on his perspective as a homeless person, and that was the tipping point for her, she is the hardest working person I know, and we both have sacrificed alot to get to the meager accommodations that we have now. We don't need a leach to tell us how hard he has it when we're the ones making his life as good as it was when he was around.

No, he is just a professional bum with a skewed view of who owes what to whom. I hope one day he learns that the only way to get ahead is to pay your dues, and to build your own little corner, with blood sweat and tears. And this guy used to be in the Army....Of course he complained about having to take orders which is just silly because that is ALL you do in the military regardless of what you do.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
...I am amazed in how Mexicans who put forth such great effort to sneak into our country for work. These people will bust their butt for a full 12 hours and then thank you for the opportunity to work while getting paid well below what any American would work for. ...

Oh, look! A person ignorant of how these "immigrants" really function! How quaint!

Here's the truth buddy. These "hard working mexicans" live 10 or 12 to a house, sharing the bills, and food. What money they have left over, they send back to Mexico, WHERE IT IS MULTIPLIED BY 10.

That's right, the $6 an hour job actually gets them $60 an hour when they ship the money home.

You think you might get some hard working americans if you paidthem $60 an hour? I bet you'd get Americans that'd be willing to work those "hard working mexicans" into the ground.

Tell me, Mr. "Everyone is lazy but me", you ever worked on a farm? How about tree work? How about digging trenches by hand, to run electrical cable? When you've actually done those things at least once in your life, then you can come tell me how "hard" you work. My guess is your "hard work" consists of sitting your butt at a desk all day, ordering people around. And before you whip out "jealousy" or "education": Been there, done that. Try again.

Here's why people don't want to "work hard" anymore. They realize companies will screw them the first opportunity they get. Business gets a little slow, do they bite the bullet, and make a little less profit until business turns around? Nope. LAYOFFS and firings.

Why should a guy "work hard" for a company when the company has every incentive to screw him the first chance it gets? Are you just mad because your workers have learned that about you, and the company you own/work for?

I tell you what buddy. Find me a country where I can sneak in and make the equivalent of $60-$100 an hour (when I ship it back home), and I'm over the fence and gone!

So, for all the ignorant people out there that think Mexicans somehow have some "super work gene", think about this: What kind of hard working American would you get for $60-$100 an hour?

[edit on 9-2-2009 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Maybe we should all call Target and give Mike a hard time.
This will wear him out and motivate him to get the heck out of Target.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For what it's worth, unemployment benefits are not supported by tax dollars. I don't need to hear about how the shell game of money in politics works, either. That's a given. Here in WI, unemployment is sort of like insurance. Companies pay for this insurance whether it's eventually used by individuals or not. The only way that a person can collect unemployment, is if that person has contributed to the fund, by working previously.

I'm just stating this for the record, not in defense of lazy, no job havin' MF's.

I was laid off recently, after having worked 50-60 hours/wk for the last 18 years. I'm 36. Am I mooching off my wife? No more so than when she decided to take 2 years off work to pursue her MBA.
Give and take, you know.

I have installed hardwood floors throughout our entire house, added a 3rd half bathroom in my newly remodeled basement, and, if a tree were to fall in my front yard, that thing would be firewood within hours.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Oh, look! A person ignorant of how these "immigrants" really function! How quaint!

Here's the truth buddy. These "hard working mexicans" live 10 or 12 to a house, sharing the bills, and food. What money they have left over, they send back to Mexico, WHERE IT IS MULTIPLIED BY 10.

That's right, the $6 an hour job actually gets them $60 an hour when they ship the money home.

Oh I guess this is common knowlege, how quaint...

Is there a way you can start this a little better? Also, just how do they turn their $6 dollars into $60 per hour, unless you are talking drugs. Do you envy their lifestyle?

Tell me, Mr. "Everyone is lazy but me", you ever worked on a farm? How about tree work? How about digging trenches by hand, to run electrical cable? When you've actually done those things at least once in your life, then you can come tell me how "hard" you work.

My guess is your "hard work" consists of sitting your butt at a desk all day, ordering people around. And before you whip out "jealousy" or "education": Been there, done that. Try again.

Well 28 years in the Military followed by Defense Contractors. I agree those jobs are hard work and I would not choose them. I'm sure you have done many of these...hehe

Your idea of my life is about as far off as a person could get...hehe

I'm not saying everyone is lazy, and I lazier than many, for I decided to pick and choose my professions. I did a few hard jobs when I was really young and learned fast to not do them anymore.

Here's why people don't want to "work hard" anymore. They realize companies will screw them the first opportunity they get. Business gets a little slow, do they bite the bullet, and make a little less profit until business turns around? Nope. LAYOFFS and firings.

How about the many that never quite join the working force their whole life, much less get screwed by it? YOU as others seem to want to superimpose your own type that is not really part of this discussion. No one is talking all not working, and no one is suggesting that there are not good honest people who get screwed. If you are thinking about people who you feel the need to defend then they most likely not related to this topic in the first place.

Why should a guy "work hard" for a company when the company has every incentive to screw him the first chance it gets? Are you just mad because your workers have learned that about you, and the company you own/work for?

Nope, I'm a worker...with certain skills. Skills that pay well, that is how things work. If your skills are the same as when you were a teen then you most likely will get the same pay.

I tell you what buddy. Find me a country where I can sneak in and make the equivalent of $60-$100 an hour (when I ship it back home), and I'm over the fence and gone!

So, for all the ignorant people out there that think Mexicans somehow have some "super work gene", think about this: What kind of hard working American would you get for $60-$100 an hour?

Well you can get me, but I'm closer to the upper end than the lower end. So, how they turning their 6 in to 60 or 100?

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Please, please, please, tell me where this wonderful job is, or at least the magical place where my earned money is multiplied by 10. Tell me your secret .
Seriously, how can it be multiplied, according to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join