It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nickelodeon promoting war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is something odd I noticed, my Girlfriend had a cup from Burger King yesterday that had the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards logo advertisement on it. Now this was basic bolded white text setup like this:

Kids
Choice
Awards

with slime dripping down making some of the letters green.

Ki
Cho
War

Those letters are smothered in bright green slime... This bothers me because it doesn't seem Random.

Kicho is the proper name for Nohime who was the wife of Nobunaga during the Sengoku period of Japanese history, who was thought to be a spy or assassin for her Father since she was skilled in swords and certain martial arts (Such as Tai Kwon Do, which I believe has a certain stance named Ki Cho as well but I am unsure of that)

and War... well we all know what War is... Is this some weird subliminal way of making us want to condition us into a possible war, or just a stupid co-incidence? Could be either but I thought it'd be fun to theorise.

You can view the logo here:

KCA Logo

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevenreanimator
Kicho is the proper name for Nohime who was the wife of Nobunaga during the Sengoku period of Japanese history, who was thought to be a spy or assassin for her Father since she was skilled in swords and certain martial arts (Such as Tai Kwon Do, which I believe has a certain stance named Ki Cho as well but I am unsure of that)

That's a huge stretch, although the placement does look kind of unusual. Reminds me of how the cover of Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii has stars on the letters that spell out "U R MR GAY".

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I know it was a stretch, thats why I posted it in Skunk works... the placement does bother me though when it comes to WAR being so prominent. Its the first thing I saw when i glanced at the cup.

Maybe too much ATS for me lately

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Gotta agree, it's a huge stretch, and surely would have the least effect on children.

BUT, that is some awfully strange placement for that goo. And these logos are woked on for so long, there is no way somebody wouldn't have seen at least the word war being highlighted during the design process.

It's so unlikely, and yet, it seems so obvious

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If this is an error. It is a big one.
The word WAR so prominent?
Who owns Nickelodeon?
Mistake? Doesn't look like one to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Viacom is controlled by the Illuminati, we already have evidence of this with the all seeing eye showing up in Nickelodeon logo screens. I would not put it past them to be telling us something, which is their motto.....to put it in plain view.

However, I am not going to drink the koolaid on this just yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA This is great. I just googled "Ki Cho War" because I am eating Burger King right now and noticed this.

I am as conspiracy-minded as the next tinfoil hatter, so I have to admit that I thought something of it as well. Some sort of subliminal message to ease the idea of a war in Asia into our minds?

But... probably not.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stevenreanimator

I believe your right. That's its purpose... Like someone also stated about Super Mario.... one of Marios gaming buddies, Mr Game and Watch. Mr Gay men Watch. My kids always chuckle when they say this guys name playing the WII game. The youngest is ten now..

As for having the "least" effect on our kids.... My ten year old was chuckling about stuff like this when he was eight. That's what they're teaching them in school. About bisexuality and homosexuality. Nothing wrong with either, but should not be "taught" to children when they're below the age of 17 maybe.

Children from the age of three on are like a sponge and pick these little nuances unconsciously. If it didn't work they wouldn't be doing it, would they???

Rgds

top topics

join