It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Rodriguez Positive for Steroids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Cnn.com is reporting one of the if not the best player in major league baseball tested positive for steroids in 2003. Sorry no link.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Does not surprise me or anyone else reading it.

These guys are all dirty, in every sport. It's just an unspoken thing. Every sport, they all juice.

But, honestly, the media will blow this up like we are suppose to care? I personally think baseball is a dead sport and a very boring, dry, game.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Oh, come on man

I was cheering for him to break Barry Bonds home run ''record'' so there wouldn't be a cheater on top. Guess not. Jackass.

And I kept the ticket from his 500th home run game...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As a die-hard Boston fan this is absolutely NO surprise at all. And how telling that NY didn't bother putting any 'steroid clause' in his recent contract on his quest for Bonds' record. Apparently getting there ethically is a distant second to getting there.

And what about the allegations that Orza, the CEO of the players' union tipped him off to an upcoming 'random' drug test in 2004. Nice. But no surprise here. The OP is right on that.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

He cheats on his wife with strippers and celebrities.
He cheats on the field by knocking balls out of people's hands and screaming in their ears.
He cheats his fans, his teammates, and the game by juicing.

What a guy!

Pathetic!

For the record:

I hate to say it but freaking Canseco called it right again.

:shk:

[edit on 7 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can hear the chants now:

A-Roids... A-Roids...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I found another report about this as well.....

(nbcsports.msnbc.com)-NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in his MVP season of 2003 with Texas, according to a report by Sports Illustrated.

nbcsports.msnbc.com...

So then by right,he should have to give up those awards and honors for the year 2003,correct?

Oh,who am I kidding,theres no more justice in baseball.
:shk:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It seems everybody was jucied. So if the ptichers were also doing it that should even things out no?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I'd rather the record stay with Hank.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
reply to post by FredT

I'd rather the record stay with Hank.

Not so sure I do. If the pitchers were juiced then it even things out IMHO. Also the dynamics of baseball is alot different too. Starting pitchers were expected to go the distance in Hanks era, not the 4-5 inning quality start. Lots of HR in that era from the 5th inning on.

[edit on 2/8/09 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
It seems everybody was jucied. So if the ptichers were also doing it that should even things out no?

well lots of pitchers were juiced so in a way it "even'd" things out.........but not really for the ton's of players who were natural (pitchers and hitter's)

but seriously WHY do we have a "knee jerk reaction to the word's STEROID"? why does it leave such a emotional imprint ........

we have this strong emotional imprint that the word gives us everytime we hear it and we see the experts interviewed on ESPN, and they tell us how we should be outraged (like they are) and most base there opinions on these TWO things IMO. Did you know MANY, MANY old time and current players USE "greenies" Amphetamines......these enhance performance thru greater focus, energy, and strength as well but there is no UPROAR of so and so took amphetamines so his career is ruined! well there is no negative emotional imprint with the word "amphetamine" but steroids have been DEMONIZED......the reason i am harping about this subject because i think people's career's and legacy are being ignorantly ruined.

sure someone can have there opinion's but is it not ignorance to not leave Amphetamines on the same level as Steroids since they are both performance enhancers......but what are steroids such a knee jerk response (conditioning? !!!) . Perhaps we need a barage of "expert opinion" on The airwaves to demonize Amphetamines/greenies so that the next generation can develop strong emotional imprints when ever they hear a player used them?

i think the big negative outcry also has some undertones of fans being a bit jealous of the big money some players make and they like to be able to take pot shots at the players as well and get up on their soap boxes...another reason i think their is a big outcry among the HOF voters is because they are STatistical Geeks......( i love math as well lol) but i think that these entitled voters are SO UPSET that they can't "fairly" compare the stats of players of yesteryear with today and decide who was the BEST , that they need to take it out on the HOF status of the players who are responsible for the stat geeks pains......i think it is quite legitamite for the stat minded geeks to no longer compare the artifically inflated numbers of some of today's better players with those of yesteryear..and fine.......but that IMO should be the punishment enough...let them go to the hall juiced or not just like the amphetamine taking players will ....both enhance performance!

IMO i believe that if FANS were given a poll a decade ago and asked if they think mark mcgwire should go to the hall they would say yes.....EVEN if a large % also said yes in the same poll to another Q that asked "would you be suprised if Big mac has taken "juice". I E FANS would have cared alot less before they were influenced by the public out cry and conditioned by the media .........the euphoria of the home run chase would have outweighted the questionable gains in musculature of the hitters" and fans would still have thought they should be in the hall IMO..only when the negative barrage started did fans feel like they were obligated to take the politically correct stance now that it became an issue front and center...

any thoughts on this perspective

[edit on 8-2-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A-Roids admitted that he used them from 2001-2003.

Alex Rodriguez has confirmed during an interview this afternoon with ESPN's Peter Gammons that he used performance-enhancing drugs from 2001-03 while a member of the Texas Rangers.

"I was young, I was stupid, I was naive, and I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth . . . being one of the greatest players of all time," Rodriguez told Gammons in an interview recorded this afternoon. "I did take a banned substance and for that I am very sorry and deeply regretful."

It was such a loosy-goosy era," Rodriguez continued. "I am guilty of a lot of things . . . negligence, naive, not asking all the right questions. To be quite honest I don't know exactly what substance I was guilty of using."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
story

I'm at least a little shocked he didn't say it was a one time thing. I wonder if he got the steroids from Madonna? She is more jacked than him.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This actually came as a shock to me in one case. The steroids part that is, not the cheating part. To think that this guy has hit over 500 homeruns for his career makes me sick to even think about that stat. I wonder how far this does go back. I think it may go back as far as his time with the Seattle Mariners.

And.

Yes, Canseco hit the nail on the head again this time. Way to go Jose.
up:

top topics

join