It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you change professions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i'm thinking of this question these days...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've got almost ten years in retail sales experience, a year's experience in retail management, and a year's experience in telesales.
You think I can manage to find a permanent job? HELLZ NO!
The Australian job market is DEAD.
I'm going back to University to improve my skills base so I can become a Japanese translator, interpreter, or teacher (or even just to work for a Japanese business and to increase my pool of available locations to work).
I'm currently looking for cash-in-hand labouring work to do on weekends, but I'm having no luck whatsoever, as everyone else seems to be doing the same thing. Since we supposedly only have a 5% unemployment rate, why the hell is it that there are no jobs that will hire someone with experience in their field?

I am seriously considering bankruptcy, as I don't see any chance in hell of me being able to get a loan on a house within the next ten years anyways, and with the job market being as dried up as it is these days, and government benefits being the absolute minimum for students, I might as well just tell the banks they can shove their loan payments up their arses, as I have no assets for them to repossess anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You must be a Gemeni, are you?

Don't be afraid.... I am one too

<< 1   >>

join