It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am afraid of going to hell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Don't worry about it, because nobody is going to hell. The worst that can happen to you is you won't exist anymore. However if you like life you might want to figure out how to worship God as he would like you too.

John 4:24 (King James Version)
24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
yes, i was going to say. if you dont believe in hell, but you think there may be one, first try to see what the bible really says about it.

lots of people will say ¨there are many interpretations of the bible¨. true, but not all are right interpretations.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here's the twist to the story. EVERYONE was going to hell.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

and

Rom 10:17 So faith [comes] from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
Phl 3:9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from [the] Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which [comes] from God on the basis of faith,
Hbr 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please [Him,] for he who comes to God must believe that He is and [that] He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

So faith is a gift of GOD. You can't "work up" faith. If you lack faith then ask GOD for faith knowing that you will receive it.

Luk 17:5 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"

Be blessed.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Belief is an involuntary function of the mind. How can anyone be condemned for beliefs?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeforall
Belief is an involuntary function of the mind. How can anyone be condemned for beliefs?

Bearing fruit is an involuntary function of a tree. How can a tree be rooted up if a land owner doesn't want it in his yard?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Bearing fruit is an involuntary function of a tree. How can a tree be rooted up if a land owner doesn't want it in his yard?

The tree is a discardable servant of the farmer. Are human beings discardable?

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Knowledgeforall]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
No matter how hard the COG try to help you, if you are a vessel of wrath fitted to destruction (Romans 9), you will never hear the truth and be granted repentance. Instead, you will live your life exactly how God has ordained it, apart from Him and without peace. If, however, you are a vessel of mercy, you have belonged to God from the foundation of the world, and He will quicken (make alive) your spirit in His time through the hearing of the word. It's not your choice. But don't worry - if you are a vessel of wrath, the things of God are foolishness to you and your sin will not bother you... at least not in this lifetime. In the end you will experience the wrath of God and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There is still time.....

All things were delivered up to me by my Father, and no one doth know who the Son is, except the Father, and who the Father is, except the Son, and he to whom the Son may wish to reveal Him. Luke 10:22

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
In all seriousness, don't sweat going to hell. It is only the Christian Hell that promotes eternal damnation. You just happened to have the bad luck of being born dead center of Christian territory (I call it bat country).

In Islam, your stay in Hell is temporary, and is limited to the wrongs you have done in life (although that includes not accepting Allah as the one true God). That, however, is meant to be revealed as you you die anyway, so you'll know the truth one way or another, and you won't be eternally punished for not knowing the truth in life.

In Judaism the closest thing to hell is Gehenna, and it is also not a place of eternal torment. Your stay there would be even shorter than Islam.

Then, if we look at Eastern philosophy, 'hell' is something completely different, and not even close to the Abrahamic concept.

It's only Christianity that tries to convince you of the eternal torment that is the afterlife, and that you must submit your will to the church, and Christ or you will never EVER exist in peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by n0tsan3

Even more simple.....

I you are afraid of going to hell....you will!!!

It is what is keeping you pre-occupied and making such an imprint in your Unconscious that it will prob. happen. If hell excist or not is not even a question. It is what you create and thus you will go there.

Don't worry about it....convince yourself that you are a good person and convince yourself that were you are going in this life or after is the best/happiest etc. place in the world and....voila, you're there.

It's all in the mind.

ps: when i die i'm going to very quiet pasture somewere in the swiss alps overlooking a field of poppy-flowers and eternal sunshine. Lots of zen-time for me in the afterlife....

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by n0tsan3

Even more simple.....

I you are afraid of going to hell....you will!!!

It is what is keeping you pre-occupied and making such an imprint in your Unconscious that it will prob. happen. If hell excist or not is not even a question. It is what you create and thus you will go there.

Don't worry about it....convince yourself that you are a good person and convince yourself that were you are going in this life or after is the best/happiest etc. place in the world and....voila, you're there.

It's all in the mind.

ps: when i die i'm going to very quiet pasture somewere in the swiss alps overlooking a field of poppy-flowers and eternal sunshine. Lots of zen-time for me in the afterlife....

Peace

So you are saying whatever I choose to believe happens to me after I die will happen? That just sounds bizzare and I've heard people say that before, but I just don't get it. I'd like to know where you've gotten that info from? It seems like that would also hold true in life, but i've believed things wholly and that didn't cause them to happen. Just curious.

-not

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D
Again, very simple, if you have a feeling that it exists, then you must have a feeling that Jesus is the Christ. That feeling is Jesus tickling your feet. Believe in him and be saved.

What's all this about Jesus?

What about god?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Ignore that, it was just me mocking the religion.

As for hell,

Through Me Pass into the Painful City,
Through Me Pass into Eternal Grief,
Through Me Pass among the Lost People.

Justice Moved My Master-Builder:
Heavenly Power First Fashioned Me
With Highest Wisdom and with Primal Love.

Before Me Nothing Was Created That
Was Not Eternal, and I Last Eternally.
Lighten Up!! You Who Enter Here.

These words in dim color I beheld
Inscribed on the lintel of an archway.
"Master," I said, "this saying's hard for me."

The Inferno, by Dante Alighieri With a little twist.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All I can say is that without God there is no heaven and without heaven there is no God. You can't have one without the other. So if you don't believe in God then you should not believe in heaven. The same goes for Hell right? So how can you ask the question " Will God know that I don't believe "? If you're that worried about it then I suggest you read all of the books, not just the Bible. And do some research on ancient text. Then take a deep breath and decide what fits you the best.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Earth is a
hell! Injustice, suffering, idiotism, whatever you seek, this planet has it definitely in abundance. Why would you worry whether you go to heaven or hell? How do you know "which" belief is the correct belief? And how can any belief ever be "the right belief"? A belief is a belief, right? Since there is no way of verification, you can always be wrong no matter what you believe in.

But if you wanna be as sure as death, stop believing and chose experiencing. How? Open-mindedness is the key.

Greetings

PS: I just believed my posting was all right, but then I had to edit it.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just remember that popular belief isn't always correct.

If you still have questions, read the Bhagivad Ghita.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by n0tsan3

I have totally different views than the others on this thread, so take what "feels" right to you and leave the rest.

Heaven and hell are both very religious beliefs. If religion is important to you, then you will need to take those doctrines into consideration. But a spiritual mind won't buy into those scare tactics.

"Religion is for those scared of hell, spirituality is for those who have been there!"

Many of us have been to hell and back here on earth! I would not put my grandchild into an oven because he does something wrong, neither would God. These are scare tactics injected into Christianity early on. Although, in all fairness, not all Christians buy into this Lie.

The Bible was written by man for man and has tremendous symbolism's within it. It takes wisdom to understand that not all is meant to be taken literally.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeforall
The tree is a discardable servant of the farmer. Are human beings discardable?

There are many trees which have found themselves in a garden. Some as a result of good seed sent by the gardener and some from perverted seed sent by his enemy.

If a farmer has full authority over that garden, will he not do with the trees as he wishes?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
There are many trees which have found themselves in a garden. Some as a result of good seed sent by the gardener and some from perverted seed sent by his enemy.

If a farmer has full authority over that garden, will he not do with the trees as he wishes?

If it were not just a faith issue for people to accept the notion that people exist at the pleasure of God, then I wouldn't be able to do much about God destroying people based on his/her preferences. It would be what is and would be verifiable.

People speculate who and when God is. To go further is more speculation on top of speculation. All the speculation then affects their behavior in detrimental ways.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by n0tsan3
I don't believe in hell, but there are a ton of people that do. That makes me think that there might be some credit to it and i'd be pretty bummed out if it does turn out to exist. So, for the record I do not believe in hell, but if there is one I really donot want to go there. So is it my fault that i do not believe? Because it doesn't seem to be something that i have any control over.

Most of the population believed at one time that the stars in the sky were simply diamonds or jewels glued into the heavens. Most of the people in the world at one time believed the earth was flat. Most of the people in the world at one time believed that the earth revolved around the sun.

Does that make it correct? Popular consensus does NOT equal truth.

"hell" is a concept created by the christian church to scare people into the pews, following the every whim and twist that the priests could come up with (and a lot of them were demented), and to keep the coffers full of cash. It's the best weapon they had and have to scare people into the fold.

Does that make it real? Does that make it true? Nope, sure doesn't.

Free of fear, free to live. Simple as that. Don't sweat it, my friend.

If you want more info just ask... but there's been a decent showing for it so far in the thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You aren't going to hell, it only exists within ourselves and our surroundings have been effected by that which is why people say, hell is on Earth. You are free spiritually, no matter what you think and there isn't a blazing charchol grill with a bottle of BBQ sauce and a brush waiting for you. People for some reason focus so much on what's going to happen to them in the afterlife, that they forget to live now. Death will come, it has too, it's part of the cycle of life. If anything, your existence will just die, shut off like a light (this is one idea that scares people the most i think) or you'll just be reborn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join