It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I just saw in Melbourne, Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I've never seen any weird craft in person except for what I believed to be a satellite until it started becoming erratic and shot up in the opposite direction when I was 14.

A few moments ago though I had turned off my TV to go to bed and I heard a very loud BANG, sort of like a large explosion in my neighbourhood but with no rumble..
It lasted about 3 seconds and echoed off and I jumped outside and could hear nothing.

About a minute later I looked into the distance and noticed an aircraft with about 6 yellow lights on it flying on a weird angle pretty low but in the distance.
I've quickly drawn what it looked like as it's still fresh in my memory:

It was moving quicker than a helicopter and I believe I was looking at the side of it but on a weird angle..

EDIT: Also I believe the two incidents could be highly unrelated but I wasn't sure of where to ask about the bang I heard, so if anyone else heard it or has any ideas let me know.

[edit on 7/2/09 by Nventual]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i didn't see this, approximately what time was this?
all i can see outside is smoke

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
it was approximately 5 minutes before i posted the thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Probably someone shooting a flare off or some kind of fireworks. Both can make a bit of a crack/bang when they ignite. Might have something to do with the fires... or just some bogin thinking it would be way cool to do something stupid during total fire ban.

Was it in the direction of Port Phillip Bay? Someone might have been in trouble out on the water given the gale force surges of wind we've been getting today... but then again, you'd have to be a complete knob to be out on the bay!

IRM

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The bang could have been a transformer blowing up because of the heat, had a few going off past couple of weeks.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Flares don't act as the way the OP described.
A parachute flare will drift with the wind, but there is only 1 light, it also doesn't make a very big bang sound.

I have let off a few now during my ship board training courses and they make more of a shoop sound rather than a bang.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
About a minute later I looked into the distance and noticed an aircraft with about 6 yellow lights on it flying on a weird angle pretty low but in the distance.

There have been some ufo sightings in Australia recently. Could this be what you've seen? It's a pretty recent sighting dated feb 04.

www.nowpublic.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The bang sound might have been a tranformer blowing up due to the heat, i had one go off in the street next to me, and it was quite loud.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just to answer a few questions:

I don't live near the ocean.
The bang, to better describe it, sounded like a tin barrel being rolled off my roof.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Fair enough, interesting. What side of Melbourne do u live on?

Maybe they can see the fires from space and wanted a closer look.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I saw a very similar craft in 1999 just off the eastern freeway over Westgarth or Kew. It was nightime, about midnight and very clear. It was so low that possibly not seen from a wide area. It was clearly a craft and not some kind of "illusion". First I thought it was some kind of rig attatched to a helicopter, possibly been used for filming. It was frightening when we realised it wasn't. Three witnesses in our car saw the craft for at least 20 secs, it then reappeared a few kilometers away over Heidelberg.

I phoned all the police stations the following day hoping to discover other reports of sightings of the craft. The officers did not volunteer any other reports although they were very serious and interested in what I claimed to have seen. I described it in a way where I would not sound like a ufo crack pot, but more a concerned citizen. I didn't want to have the report laughed away. What confused the other two witnesses and myself was for the brief time we saw it it was very clear and defined. I would have suggested it was some sort of black ops military craft (there is an army base nearby) before I would say it was extraterrestrial. It was silent, and this was unerving as it was quite large. We thought it to be triangular, three or five lights on the underside.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Maybe this had to do with the raging fire in Australia right now?

Second.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
do you have anymore info on memory on it?

Sounds genuine to me so far.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Does anybody know why this was moved into The Gray Area? Back when I use to post here this sort of thread would be on UFOS & Aliens.

Serpentine thanks for posting, what you saw sounds very much like believe it or not the Whitmans' blimp. A chocolate company. They use to fly a huge bright yellow blimp around Melbourne many years ago when I was growing up and remember a close encounter where I was so convinced there was an alien craft above our car and my parents went with it, I'm not sure if they also thought it was an alien craft or not but we followed it and it got lower and we eventually realised it was the Whitmans' blimp. A lot of people use to mistake it for a UFO, hahaha!

Anyway it doesn't fly anymore, but damn they make good chocolates..

Here's some pictures of it..
It looks way different at night, just a floating bright yellow oblong orb.

Anyway I think I derailed my own thread here but that could be what you saw but it no longer flies now so it can't be what I saw.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
MIB moment: Pockets of swamp gas igniting in the heat.

Or, if you live in those housing estates in the northern suburbs: Pockets of natural gas igniting in the heat.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

possibly because your state is on fire, people are dieing and here you are checking out ufos? *shrug* dunno.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I would think it's possible that the craft you saw may have been special planes brought in to fight the fires, or rescue aircraft, or as other said transformers blowing. This may have been two seperate incidents close together appearing as one single incident

[edit on 10-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you guys have an "Elvis" water dumping helicopter down there in Melbourne, but, was it Elvis?

Just taking a stab in the dark on this one... With a major disaster event taking place, there'd be all manner of media and emergency aircraft around...

The bang I'm not so sure of, possibly a transformer as mentioned, but not so sure...

[edit on 10-2-2009 by mattguy404]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by Nventual

possibly because your state is on fire, people are dieing and here you are checking out ufos? *shrug* dunno.

excuse me? i'm pretty sure i posted it probably a few hours before i even heard of the fires. and i'm sorry that while out the front of my house having a cigarette i noticed a bunch of weird lights flying across the sky.

also it wasn't elvis. if you saw the picture i drew you'd see it was about 4 orb lights on top of each other.

new topics

top topics

join