It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiltshire hunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
As a relative newcomer to this site, I'd like to say a big hello to all my fellow members

My name's Martin and I've been studying UFOs for the last 40 years. It all began in 1968 when I was just 3 years old. I remember watching a programme about flying saucers on our crummy old b&w telly. My father who was also interested in the subject had to keep slapping the telly in some bizarre attempt to persuade the vertical and horizontal holds to behave. Despite the interference (mostly from dad) hearing that a disk shaped airborne object had caused a car to stop dead in it's tracks by disabling it's electrical systems was to be the trigger for my life long interest in extraterrestrial life. The following year man landed on the moon and again I was glued to the set, but by then I had myself become an expert in "telly slapping" whenever the rolling picture demanded it and I watched with relative ease, taking in every morsel of information.

Forward skip to late 1980s.....Corn circles in Alton Barnes, Wiltshire....WOW! Now this was something to really get my teeth into! The first formation I visited was the one which was to become the Led Zepp album cover. I entered the formation after paying a nominal entrance fee to the farmer and within minutes I found myself being interviewed by the Newsround team who just happened to be making a programme that day about this new phenomenon. I don't remember the answer I gave to their question "what do you think caused this" but, I do remember much to my relief that the interview was never screened

For the next 5 or 6 years I visited Wiltshire on a very regular basis studying crop formations and camping out in fields looking skyward during the hours of darkness. I became acquainted with all the beautiful little villages bordering the A4 such as Alton Barnes, Alton Priors, Stanton St Bernard, Honey Street, Compton Bassett and Calne amongst others, but despite my efforts, I never saw a damn thing which could not be explained. This sadly remains the case. I have spent literally thousands of hours peering into the heavens by day and by night.

I remain to this day a true believer and although I've not been fortunate enough to personally witness anything of any worth, I know several people who have, people who are in my mind very credible witnesses.

I will over the coming weeks and months, as time allows, be writing a series of short articles describing these encounters so please look out for them.

Until the next time, all the best to ATS and all it's members.

MH

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hello welcome. I have been interested in the UFO phenomenon for about 4-5 months now , i was a skeptic before hand and laughed at it until recently.
Your story is interesting and i myself can some how relate to not having seen much. Except once i went outside one night actually looking for one and i saw a flash of white across the sky that looked awesome and gave me a emotional euphoric awesome feeling , but most of the other things ive seen previously could have been shooting stars or meteorites burning up (same thing i know)

I'm sure a lot of the time these UFOs are invisible to the naked eye , but nighttime some might be more viewable. It must of been painstaking not to have seen anything after all that time.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah, I guess 40 years is a long time to look at the sky without seeing anything but every night spent freezing my nuts off and getting neck ache in the middle of a wet field is one night closer to success.

I have a theory that these craft have a visual and often radar cloaking systems and occasionally something goes wrong or mistakes are made and the craft become visible. Perhaps the cloaking is intentionally switched off for some reason.

I'm going to try and get hold of an infrared camera and see if I have more success using that.

new topics

join