It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? or Planet? My video from last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hi all,

Last night, I was sat on my P.C. and I noticed a bright light above the houses across from me. I looked at it through my binoculars, and it seemed to have a "bell" shape and was changing colour from white to green to red. I took a quick film of it, and the house across from me to get some perspective. My initial thoughts is that this is a planet just "twinkling" like a star but maybe not. See what you all think:

video

apologies for shaky video and initial bluriness, its hard to keep the camera straight when zoomed in, but about 15 sec in you can see the colour change!
Location btw, is pontefract, west yorkshire, England.

-Jedi

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I live near you - what time and what direction.....probably the star Sirius..

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Hi mate,

was around half six-7 o'clock. Im sure it was before Emmerdale came on LOL, (the missus was not in the room and was sorting the kids out) Just to add also, that a neighbour saw it and said "that will just be a helicopter" but It made no sound and was definitely not a helicopter. It looked larger than stars i've seen, but as stated before, i did have the initial thought of it being just a star and I am no expert on planetary positions, I am just looking for clarification.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DARKJEDIG

lol its venus!!! i think! ; D i took a clip of it on my phone after viewing it with my telescope for abit..

very very bright.. i was trying to show how some people think they see a ufo when its just a bright/close planet! "wiggles about" coz of breathing ect

but yea that thing was bright as hell!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Thanks for your input, it does make sense. I am not like most people trying to convince myself I have seen an Alien Spaceship; if the explanation seems plausible (unlike swampgas and disc shaped, metallic multi-directional weather balloons
) Then I will accept the explanation. And yeah, it is bright as hell, but what astonished me was the fact that I couldn't see any other stars in the sky when I looked around. Man, are these planets getting closer?!?!

thanks again,
-Jedi

edit for spelling

[edit on 7-2-2009 by DARKJEDIG]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yep. that's venus... it goes through phases of getting closer and further from the earth. I believe last time it was 'really' bright and 'big' was 2004.... but I may be wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
it was realy bright tho, and in my telescope it was just lil ol venus but man that thing looked great, no stars only that one.. tho after some time i could see 2 others behinde it.

its realy ace to see the amount of light that thing puts off.

i only used my cheapo telescope tho .. wanted to get my refractor out but i was to busy on ats LOL!!

still its great to see it. and out of focus is cool aswell u get to see all fancy lights / colours.

them colours are how we detect things "redshift" kinda cool

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Our local UFO's that are actually Venus expert Phage can identify that for you. (I want a cool title like that
)

I'm 99% sure it is Venus though.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Looks like venus to me dude, it's bright this time of year, max zoom venus next time you see it, it'll look identicle to your video, a UFO to me anynway, is something that maneuvers beyond the normal known bounds of what we can do, since it 'changed colors' maybe it was a star, but I don't see it being anything other than a star or a planet, I could be wrong, things in person look different than they do on a video, I wish I caught my UFO experiences on video so without that I just have a story nobody will believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's not Venus until you know the direction it was seen. So we need to know that first before anyone can say what it might or might not be.

If it is Venus the OP will be able to go outside every clear night to see it from well before sundown and then watch it as it "sinks" in the West.

Here in Australia, Venus appears huge, and yellowish orange in colour (english spelling) at this point in it's travels. It is currently in the phase of being the evening star.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Our local UFO's that are actually Venus expert Phage can identify that for you. (I want a cool title like that
)

I'm 99% sure it is Venus though.

I'm sure Phage doesn't want to be pigeon holed into JUST knowledge of Venus

www.stellarium.org... is what Phage, myself and others use to determine if a bright light in the sky is Venus, Sirius etc.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yeah like the rest defo a planet, but good luck trying to capture a ufo!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thankyou for all the replies. I have been keeping my camera at hand lately, as there have been quite a number of reported sightings in the UK recently, I thought that if there is something going on, then at least I will be prepared to document it.

I just thought i'd share a story that one of my friends told me about an encounter he had. This particular friend has or had no interest in UFO'S until this encounter. What he told me was that back in 1996, he was laid on a hill with a young lady near where I live, having an late picnic since it was nice evening. They had a blanket on the hill and were drinking cans of pop when they saw a light in the distance....This light came towards them on the hill, and hovered above them. He was so intense when he told me the tale, he stated that the craft was a triangle in shape, and had three lights on the underneath, followed by a central light that was glowing. He said it just hovered above him and they looked up completely shocked. The craft then silently floated up and off into the distance. The amazing thing about his encounter was that, he had no idea that others had seen a triangular craft, and he said he never told many people about this because he thought they would think he was crazy.

I asked him about 20 times about this encounter and he honestly stated that he had no impression that the craft was alien, he just thought it was a new aircraft from the air force, he did not think he saw a UFO.

Just thought i'd share that with you all im so jealous he got to see that!

-jedi.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I know.

It's just what I've seen him do countless times, and it is invaluable to the forum.

We need people who know what they are looking at.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

On December 30 last year I saw my first Triangle ship as described by your friend. Over my 50 years so far, I've seen many different craft, some up close, some from a distance, some I was taken into, etc, but this was the very first of these particular ones.

Spotted an unusual orangey colored light while driving a dark old country road, flashed my headlights a few times and it zoomed towards me. Strange thing is; I felt a sudden happiness then like I haven't felt in this life.

Took a photo with the phone camera, but it is useless to show anyone.. just appears as a spot of bright light. I continued to drive and came upon it again arund some hills. I stopped, turned the car off and watched it move around about 2 klicks away over some farm land for about 5 minutes before it headed off towards Brisbane.

Definately Triangle shaped, three lights underneath.. at each apex and one in the centre, no noise, etc. Good sighting. Sure there is more to come soon. Could be TR3B (Aurora) or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha my uncle lived there

new topics

top topics

join