It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email From The Edge. For Your Tomorrow They Give Their Today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Here’s an email I received from Iraq. Since I’ve gone through this grind myself, I know what it is to be out there. But as they say, when the going gets tough, the tough get going! And whichever country we’re from, we are all brothers in arms – fighting for freedom and peace…..

YES! It’s like that! Count your blessings, pray for them.

"And the next time when….

The other car cuts you off and you must hit the brakes,
Or you have to park a little further from Walmart than you want to be,
Or you're served slightly cold food at the restaurant,
Or you're sitting and cursing the traffic in front of you,
Or the shower runs out of hot water,
Or when the Hawaiian Pizza arrives a few minutes late,
Or the air conditioner in your bedroom goes on the blink,

Think of them...

The proud warriors of Baker Company wanted to do something to pay tribute to our fallen comrades. So since we are part of the only Marine Infantry Battalion left in Iraq the one way that we could think of doing that is by taking a picture of Baker Company saying the way we feel.

It would be awesome if you could find a way to share this with our fellow countrymen to let the world know that 'WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN' and to let the folks back home remember why we’re here and that we remember those who've been lost.

Proud to serve our country!

Baker Company."

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Quite obviouslly just because there is people that believe they are doing good for their country and citizens, does not necessarilly mean that they are. The war machine is a berserk idea.

Killing for peace doesn't make a whole lot of since, especially when 9/11 was an inside job.

Yes, I respect the people that devote and risk their lives to "protect" us from terrors that quite obviouslly would be destroyed if they ever made it onto US soil. We are over in the middle east for no damn reason at all now.

How would you feel if another country invaded your neighboorhood? I'd shoot at them to.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Yes,

These are brave soldiers indeed. I wish that everyone would refuse to fight and that there would be no more wars, but I am realistic enough to know that if one country laid down its arms, another country would take them over instantly. But I wish I knew why people cannot live in peace.

Love is more important than wealth.

My own father was a war hero, but a distant father.

I will never understand this world - and the older I get, the more I realise how little I (we) know.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
How would you feel if another country invaded your neighboorhood? I'd shoot at them to.

But you're missing the point of this thread. The fact is that soldiers don't make policy. If anyone needs to be hung from the lamp post it is Bush and his neo-cons who had unleashed a needless war for oil, resulting in the deaths of more than 5,000 soldiers.

Soldiers fight because they are ordered to.

Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Their's not to make reply,
Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to do and die.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Wow very cool pics.
Its a nice glimpse into how tough it is and the sacrifice they are making.
Right or wrong those pics show some of the hardships they are enduring.
I never knew they just dug a hole in the sand to sleep.
Interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
lol fighting for freedom and peace!

love those idiots lining up for the 9/11 shot when Iaq had sod all to do with it!Well at least it keeps them off our streets,and out of our bars when there out there.I will drink to that that and my drummer will too as he always gets into fights with army lads for strange reasons!

Keep on fighting lads,you signed up for it-I do hope none of them has to take a life and I hope they all return home safely to their families.

Its a disgrace there out there,bring them back and string up Bush and blair

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

www.usa-flag-site.org...

Let us not allow disagreement about the "when our cause it is just" part of those lyrics cause us to disparage the honor and intent of good men.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Good post.

They signed up to kill and perpetrate their countries' beliefs on people who wanted no part of it (mostly). Sure, if a dollar flows, they'll take it; who won't to feed their families or themselves?

Americans and coalition aren't fighting for freedom and peace (though some soldiers delude themselves into believing such), they are destroying other nations' freedoms and rights. Bullying those they can for profits and, oh yeah, energy presence.

Bad guys, like S.Hussein? How about usa bad guys, et al?

Stop the warped presentations. Wake up. Give rights to others.

Wanna fight for Freedom and Peace? Teach others with peace how to provide food and shelters, education and tolerance with each other. Oh, scratch that last one...that doesn't exist.

Fighting for freedom and peace. BS.

(PS - short post, lots of truth, from a Vet.)

[edit on 8-2-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

top topics

join