It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEO of General Electric (Owns NBC) named as economic advisor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Obama taps Silicon Valley bigwigs for economic advisory board

Other names on the board include Martin Feldstein, professor of economics at Harvard University; Jeffery Immelt, CEO of General Electric; and Robert Wolf, CEO of investment bank UBS Group Americas.

www.theregister.co.uk...

First things first...what television stations does GE own?

NBC
CNBC
CNBC WORLD
CNBC EUROPE
CNBC AFRICA
MSNBC
All HISTORY CHANNELS
etc.

LINK:www.neatorama.com...

Call me crazy, but wasn't NBC in the tank for Obama during the elections....and now? Why is the CEO of GE, who owns NBC, now an economic advisor?

Sounds like a great way to spin your ideas and agenda. We all knew NBC was in the tank for Obama...but this puts it in perspective.

Thoughts??

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It seems the Plutocracy is well in hand of its old masters.

I hope they can come up with some kind of help for the working
class ppl, but something tells me if they were going to do that
they would not have lobbied to offshore millions of jobs, and
then bring in millions of workers under an entire alphabet
array of letter designators to avoid the visa caps.

The list of VISA's that are being abused to get cheap labor

68 here in that list, and some like L1 do not even HAVE a limit.

How are we suppose to support millions more coming here to
work for less than the prevailing wage ?

When the cost of living is going up, but the average working class
pay rate is going down ?

They call keeping jobs at home protectionism, and I will accept
that moniker as I want to protect my family, friends, and country
from the rampant greed and sellout mentality that is killing America.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

To top that off Mexico is in huge trouble right now as 23 of it's state are under control of drug lords. Mexico may collapse if something isn't done about it. You think it's bad now...it will be hella worse if that happens.

Also wanted to point out, GE is a huge GREEN company that has been in lots of trouble lately.

THey are a big producer in windmills and other green tech. Just thought I'd add that in there as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You are right on the money. This is a major conflict of interest.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Big surprise there. NBC has had its head shoved so far up Obama's backside that they're going to need a crowbar to pry themselves out in a few months once public opinion turns decisively negative. I guess now we know why.

GE's stock is currently selling at about $11/share following a steady decline from its 52 week high of $38.52. The company's credit rating will also likely be downgraded this year and they're expected to have difficulty meeting their dividends this year. I don't know, maybe he and the GE board are doing a great job, but it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yeah, he's the perfect guy to fix the economy.

We know it's not about fixing the economy, it's about making money for GE by pushing the green agenda.

Major conflict of interest.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

yup, exactly, I posted the list of names on another thread, the fix is in,

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
honestly bro I like your posts but you seem to be a bit obsessed. Maybe, today is Saturday, maybe take a break from the Obama bashing and get some fresh air.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Members of the board to be announced: Austan Goolsbee as staff director and chief economist; William H. Donaldson, SEC Chair, 2003-05; Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., president and CEO, TIAA-CREF; Robert Wolf, chairman and CEO, UBS; David F. Swensen, CIO, Yale University; Mark T. Gallogly, founder and managing partner, Centerbridge Partners L.P.; Penny Pritzker, chairwoman, Pritzker Realty Group; Jeffrey R. Immelt, CEO, GE (parent company of NBC News); John Doerr, partner at Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers; Jim Owens, chairman and CEO, Caterpillar Inc.; Monica C. Lozano, publisher & chief executive officer, La Opinion; Charles E. Phillips, Jr., president, Oracle; Anna Burger, chairwoman, Change to Win; Richard L. Trumka, secretary-treasurer, AFL-CIO; Laura D'Andrea Tyson, dean, Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley; Martin Feldstein, professor of Economics, Harvard.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 102828p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
honestly bro I like your posts but you seem to be a bit obsessed. Maybe, today is Saturday, maybe take a break from the Obama bashing and get some fresh air.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by ConservativeJack]

it is not bashing it is watching,

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I did a search for "GE NBC Obama" and this was the first hit, the only one that really fits. What got me thinking was of GE pimping their vaulted new green technologies in commercials and elsewhere and Obama promising to create millions of green jobs. Doesn't GE/NBC (and of course msnbc, the new fox counterpart which has gotten so much worse over the last year it's now about as hard to watch as fox) stand to gain from supporting this guy? That's a rhetorical Q.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
GENERAL ELECTRIC

Television Holdings:
* NBC: includes 13 stations, 28% of US households.
* NBC Network News: The Today Show, Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, Meet the Press, Dateline NBC, NBC News at Sunrise.
* CNBC business television; MSNBC 24-hour cable and Internet news service (co-owned by NBC and Microsoft); Court TV (co-owned with Time Warner), Bravo (50%), A&E (25%), History Channel (25%).
The "MS" in MSNBC
means microsoft

Other Holdings:
* GE Consumer Electronics.
* GE Power Systems: produces turbines for nuclear reactors and power plants.
* GE Plastics: produces military hardware and nuclear power equipment.
* GE Transportation Systems: runs diesel and electric trains.

yeah immelt has run ge into the ground and obama appoints go figure.

i wish to god nbc would sell the scifi channel to fox or someone so they can take off all the stupid crap they put on the air

[edit on 17-3-2009 by neo67]

top topics

join