It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Help America Vote" Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you remember the 2000 presidential election, you might remember hearing about the "solution" congress passed.

The "Help America Vote Act of 2002" has little effect on the 50 States in the Union.

Doubt me? The only place in the whole act where "50 States" is mentioned, and affected, is in Title 2, Subtitle D, Part 6. In Sections 295, and 296.

Know why? Simple, the definition of "State", is in Title 4 - Miscellaneous Provisions.

Section 901. State defined.

In this Act, the term "State", includes* the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the United States Virgin Islands.

* Now before you go ranting and raving on how i'm wrong, let me define the word, "include".

[1] INCLUDE. (Lat. inclaudere, to shut in, keep within). To confine within, shut up, hold as in an inclosure, take in, attain, shut up, contain, inclose...

compared with,

[1] ... Including may, according to the context, express an ENLARGEMENT and have the meaning of and or in addition to,...

This is more factual then fiction. If you are in disbelief, look it up yourself.

I hope by exposing you to this, you will look else where and question the "laws" created by your nation, state. and locality.

[1] BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY, Revised 4th Edition; West Publishing Co. Page 905. (The word, "INCLUDE")

*note: changed Subject line 04/16 from "The H.A.V.A. Hoax", to "The 'Help America Vote' Fraud"

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Forgot those helpful, links to the HAVA.

www.fec.gov...

and

elections.state.wi.us...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
*bump*

Does no one have an argument? Any reaction?

I understand the truth can make an unknowing person deafeningly silent, but come on.

Hope to hear something out there.

-BWBT-

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
With the election come and past, the HAVA is being mentioned quite more often, and I would like to re-open my old post for discussion.

So if Ohio admits HAVA* affects them, is it Ohio?
Or are you in one of the States listed above?

*(asssuming they aren't talking about a mirroring state law)

I'll expand my feelings after some others share theirs as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Too bad I missed this
but it was before my time.

I discovered the HAVA when doing research for my diebold post.

The lobyists for this act are a consortium of defense industry players including Northrop Gumman and Lockheed Martin.

The companies who get the juicy governement contracts to implement the law are all run by christian reconstructionists some of who happen to actually run the republican party. Carlyle is also involved.

I'm not sure what point you are driving at BWBT?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The first and foremost point about H.A.V.A. is that its a law to provide federal funding to replace punch card voting and other systems with E-voting machines as such it is voluntary for a particular state to receive funding - in return for the funding the H.A.V.A. has minimal compliance requirements to met by a state using the funding.

There are some provisions that stengthen absentee ballot, registration rolls and such........really no teeth to it.

There seems to be a misconception that HAVA is a punitive law made to correct voting irregularities - it really is only assistance with guidelines attached so the states can afford to replace their voting methods.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

The lobyists for this act are a consortium of defense industry players including Northrop Gumman and Lockheed Martin.

The companies who get the juicy governement contracts to implement the law are all run by christian reconstructionists some of who happen to actually run the republican party. Carlyle is also involved.

Gools I think this angle has a much higher conspiracy probability than the suspect e-voting manipulation - follow the money as it were. Some FOIA's might be in order.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
- follow the money as it were. Some FOIA's might be in order.

Money makes the world go round...

FOIA requests? ...I'm a Canadian sitting up here in MTL.

top topics

join