It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure ? Is It A Good Thing??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
can someone explain to me what a forum troll is because ive been called one by sumone here, not goin to name any names but i want to understand why im being called this and what the hell it is lolol

i got called this through a U2U

all ive done is post my opinions on aliens and such things which i though this website was about, posting opinions??

thanks again all
peace

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Free4Ever2]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

That's what Master Wiki says.
I used to have my signature say "Do not feed the trolls, please"

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

thanks my friend

still i dont understand why i was called one tho lol

i think it could be because of a thread i started the other day!

mainly the thread was to provoke thought and i wanted to see other peoples views on it, but obv some dude didnt like that and decided to U2U me to call me this,

but again thanks my friend
peace

(ps. i know this thread is off topic and i apologise if anyon thinks i shouldnt have posted it here, i just really wanted to know )

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

I've never been called a troll, I have been called a disinfo agent a couple of times though.

Just water off a ducks back

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i changed the name of this thread to something i had a discussion with a friend tonight over?

wether or not disclosure on aliens and ufos will be a good thing

me personally i think it will be but my friend thinks that it would be too much to handle in one sitting as it were!

what are your views guys, i would like to hear some pros and cons of disclosure??

thanks again for clearing up the troll thing lol

peace

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
reply to post by Chadwickus

thanks my friend

still i dont understand why i was called one tho lol

i think it could be because of a thread i started the other day!

mainly the thread was to provoke thought and i wanted to see other peoples views on it, but obv some dude didnt like that and decided to U2U me to call me this,

but again thanks my friend
peace

(ps. i know this thread is off topic and i apologise if anyon thinks i shouldnt have posted it here, i just really wanted to know )

Honestly mate, who cares? why let things like that set you back? just keep doing what you are doing. I do not think you are doing any harm. many people say this site is lame, etc. Frankly its not the site. I love the site, its some of these people in here that do the long distance fist fighting that piss me off. I won't mention names, I do not know what their perspective is, but its old after twenty or thirty posts saying the same name calling garbage. You aren't really doing anything offensive. I have seen this post in question. big deal so you forgot to cross a T or dot an I. Stick around mate. I think you will notice a rather needed house cleaning. If you want to "fit in" with any of the categories, just do some research in other areas. You can tell whats questionable and what is stupidity. I do not know how far in depth you feel, but look up different names, like Stitchen, Vondaniken, RC Hogland. Ufology is hard to keep up with. Most of us that are this into it, play dungeons and dragons.
This is not a dedicated UFO site, its just conspiracy theories. YOu just have to know how to weed # from shinola.
For every nut jobby in here, you will find one decent mind. perhaps biproduct of so much insanity, something sane has to happen statistically, or its just the way it works. STill. relax, and do not worry about what others are saying. It is usually the name callers that are guilty and think they are some sort of uber user. If you are curious, take a look at the various styles in which posts are created.
other than that, you just keep doing what you are doing.
cheers
Stanlee-

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Disclosure ? Is It A Good Thing??

I troll a times...

For example - why did you title this thread the way you did as you obviously had issue with something completely different..?

If you don't want people labeling you, one idea would be to remain consistent when posting...

Give it a try!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

thanks my friend

top topics

join